|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Filby 64 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Filby 64 L Plate Warrior

Joined: 27 Dec 2022 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 16:42 - 27 Dec 2022 Post subject: Hi all! New to the forum - anyone know anything about XV250s |
 |
|
Hi all!
Just re-found BCF after a good few years away. Good to see it is still alive and kicking.
I'm looking for a bit of help if possible: I have a little Yamaha XV250 - bought as something to tinker with over the winter. I've sorted most of the problems out but am stuck with trying to find out where a rubber hose from the carb connects to: it must go to something...but I cant work out what. There are no unused stubs on the fuel tank, air box etc... I'm perplexed! It appears to be some sort of breather from the float bowl. I've attached an image for reference.
Any input much appreciated!  ____________________ Retired automotive engineer, Birmingham born and bred, now hiding in deepest darkest West Wales |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Easy-X |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Easy-X Super Spammer

Joined: 08 Mar 2019 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:02 - 27 Dec 2022 Post subject: |
 |
|
Well I was going to suggest this:
https://www.cmsnl.com/yamaha-xv250-1992-3ls2-europe-223ls-300e1_model37752/partslist/0010.html
But No.26 is just listed as "pipe"
It looks more like Keihin than Mikuni style. If so it'll probably just be the float bowl overflow. That would mean a longish pipe pointing down at the ground. Have you maybe got some pipes mixed up? ____________________ Royal Enfield Continental GT 535, Husqvarna Vitpilen 401, Yamaha XSR700, Honda Rebel, Yamaha DT175, Suzuki SV650 (loan) Fazer 600, Keeway Superlight 125, 50cc turd scooter |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| jaffa90 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 jaffa90 World Chat Champion
Joined: 06 Apr 2016 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Filby 64 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Filby 64 L Plate Warrior

Joined: 27 Dec 2022 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 18:24 - 27 Dec 2022 Post subject: |
 |
|
Hi both
Thanks for the replies. As regards mixed up pipes, there's only the feed pipe from the fuel pump and this hose actually connected to the carb - and the feed hose is also a specific shape that won't allow it to be connected elsewhere. I assume that the homeless pipe is simply some sort of overflow - that's why I'm puzzled as to it having the moulded shaped end and the clip...normally, as you say - they just hang down the frame. I'm puzzled!  ____________________ Retired automotive engineer, Birmingham born and bred, now hiding in deepest darkest West Wales |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| WD Forte |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 WD Forte World Chat Champion

Joined: 17 Jun 2010 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Pete. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Pete. Super Spammer

Joined: 22 Aug 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| jaffa90 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 jaffa90 World Chat Champion
Joined: 06 Apr 2016 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 02:41 - 28 Dec 2022 Post subject: |
 |
|
Never seen a carb fitted on its side before so i`ll pass on this one.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Filby 64 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Filby 64 L Plate Warrior

Joined: 27 Dec 2022 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 23:28 - 28 Dec 2022 Post subject: |
 |
|
Hi Pete
Thanks for the reply and for your efforts in locating that article: I have just found a little stub on the rear of the air filter housing: I'd sort of noticed it before, but because it hasn't got any of the hose retention ribs that are normally on such take offs I'd pretty much ignored it. I've fitted the hose to the filter assembly and offered it up to the bike .... and guess what? The hose more or less drops onto the carb float bowl stub. Ah, well, mystery solved and take it as a lesson learned! Thanks again!  ____________________ Retired automotive engineer, Birmingham born and bred, now hiding in deepest darkest West Wales |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 3 years, 287 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|