Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The Turks are coming.. actually already here..

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:42 - 06 Jan 2023    Post subject: The Turks are coming.. actually already here.. Reply with quote

..anyone else noticed how many Turkish barbers have sprung up recently (3 or 4 in my town) and also Turkish grill houses? As the Bangladeshi Indians are moving out they are moving in, again at least 5 such restaurants around here...

.. I have noticed this in Germany and Holland in recent years but now here too.

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 14:10 - 06 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

They've been running all the kebab shops for at least the last 40 years

jeremyr62
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 14:26 - 06 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they are mostly from Kurdistan. At least they are in M33 area.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:52 - 06 Jan 2023    Post subject: Re: The Turks are coming.. actually already here.. Reply with quote

A100man wrote:
..anyone else noticed how many Turkish barbers have sprung up recently (3 or 4 in my town) and also Turkish grill houses? As the Bangladeshi Indians are moving out they are moving in, again at least 5 such restaurants around here...

Got to launder the drug money somehow...

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:20 - 06 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I'd survive without my weekly chicken shish tbf.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:04 - 06 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

immigration scam. they come in as student hair dressers.
a small village by me now has 3 of them. no way are they turning a profit.
the kebab shop also has 6 adults working in it, but rarely any customers.
totally legit and above board of course Rolling Eyes

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:26 - 06 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Military Type (consort) alleges to have a lot of Turkish background, although he's British through and through.

Since he's been round my gaff several times, he's taken up conversations with four different people, only one of whom I knew was an Actual Turk: Mr Mehmet at Eastenders Kebab.

Shocked

Happily once he told a man in a shop that he had lived in Turkey and we got given a free packet of baklava, om nom nom nom - along with a considerable amount of forelock tugging Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:25 - 07 Jan 2023    Post subject: Re: The Turks are coming.. actually already here.. Reply with quote

A100man wrote:

There has been a large Turkish population in Germany for decades. I remember there being a fairly strong presence where I was based in the RAF back in the late 80s/early 90s, and that was only a fairly small town nearby.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:47 - 08 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:

Been happening for the last 20+ years where I am. Asian shop keepers selling up (moving up North), and a lot of the takeaways and nearly all the barbers are Turkish now.

to v or not to v wrote:
immigration scam. they come in as student hair dressers.
a small village by me now has 3 of them. no way are they turning a profit.
the kebab shop also has 6 adults working in it, but rarely any customers.
totally legit and above board of course Rolling Eyes

Yep. I wondered why they had new people every two weeks, it's to get them in the country.

I've cut my own hair for nearly 20 years...

SpiritMr89
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 00:14 - 09 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lad I know, got the wrong order from Takeaway.
He phoned boarder force.

Guessing it gets done alot. But was funny sat in pub across the road a few days later when they showwed. Few Indian's and the Chinese stayed shut that week too.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:39 - 09 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpiritMr89 wrote:
He phoned boarder force.

Soon after they were fully staffed and the service was much improved.
Wink

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:41 - 09 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ottoman Empire was never properly killed off by the British.

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 00:57 - 09 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeremyr62 wrote:

This.

The Turkish looking barber near me is Iraqi, possibly Kurdish-Iraqi.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:50 - 09 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

colin1 wrote:
jeremyr62 wrote:

This.

The Turkish looking barber near me is Iraqi, possibly Kurdish-Iraqi.

Most of the ones I've known have been Cypriot.

'There is an estimated 500,000 people of Turkish origin living in the United Kingdom. The Turkish community is made up of about 300,000 Turkish Cypriots, 150,000 Turkish nationals, and smaller groups'

"in 2008, claimed that 280,000 Turkish Cypriots were living in London alone"
^That might be why Smile

Also (might be) worth pointing out Turks and Kurds don't like each other.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:02 - 09 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:

walk down Tavistock Street, if you got a takeaway from a different establishment each night, until you got to the end, by the time you worked your way back round to the start, half of them have shut down and re-opened as something else

also, what's with all the American sweet shops everywere, are they new tatty souvenier scams/money laundering set ups?

SpiritMr89
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 00:37 - 10 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
SpiritMr89 wrote:
He phoned boarder force.

Soon after they were fully staffed and the service was much improved.
Wink

Sod know's.

Started being a regular joke among people, going in to them.
They suddenly were arsed to make thinks right.

Personally going from tikka filled with extract, to a proper vindaloo was nice.

Still shyte comapered to proper stuff from bradford way on.

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:07 - 10 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
also, what's with all the American sweet shops everywere, are they new tatty souvenier scams/money laundering set ups?

There was a crack down last year on these:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jun/17/oxford-street-us-candy-stores

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:28 - 11 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not a huge fan of the "migrant invasion" ... but I fucking hate grasses. Puke

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:50 - 11 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Organised crime isn't as secret a matter as people seem to think it is. It's at the top level of government, and goes right down to your local homelessness charity outfit. This is all an adaptation to conditions that have been created by policy decisions here. Anyway, it should be obvious that a barbers, a kebab shop, a mobile phone repair shop serve a purpose. I, for one, am not going to be stuck in yesteryear, in my head. Not in my head. I keep my affinity for how things used to be, by enjoying old movies. If I didn't, I would be stuck making useless and disbelieved remarks in the local rag's comment section. But this is 2023 and that's where I want my head to be. For self-preservation (basic sanity), if nothing else. There are no good guys. There is only Darwin.

At this point, all it would take is for someone (doesn't matter who, or where they're from) to start manufacturing meth and/or fentanyl, to knock this country over with a feather.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quxTnEEETbo

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 04:26 - 11 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a whiff of MDF-esque angst in this thread.

Just sayin'.

(Donk)

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:46 - 11 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quxTnEEETbo

That was a pleasant surprise.

I was not expecting Mr Mozart, but rather a video diatribe about the atrocious state of the American public due to the fentanyl crisis, complete with scabby drooling interviewees - but pleasingly you appear to not be a proponent of the shock tactic.

Our own (UK) fentanyl crisis surely can't be far behind. There are certainly many forward-thinking people in the crime industry always looking to grasp the new most lucrative nettle, most of whom are probably already on the meth labs bandwagon (popularity of BreakingBad notwithstanding) - it's certainly been rife in NZ where it is known as "P" , the problem has been so bad that estate agents now specifically have a requirement to test whether a house has formerly been used as a meth lab.

... not to mention the fentanyl: big bucks for someone no doubt, and more drooling staggering pointless existences. Rolling Eyes

I think I'll stick to booze and weed.

Anyway, back to the Turks. I'm quite irked that I am likely to have to engage with them more, due to my friendship with the Military Type. If he moves his sorry arse to Turkey to live in his apartment over there I shall miss the mad bugger and it would be nice to visit him, as its apparently in a very posh area, but I can't imagine having to put up with Turks all day long, they're quite arrogant under the "friendliness" : no Turkish man is EVER wrong Laughing

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:36 - 11 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

Just sayin'.

(Donk)

Don't know about that but I have no issue with foreigners of any sort. Just realistic about the fact that someone, from wherever they come, or whether they're home grown, is gonna bring a whole new level of organised crime here, once they've clicked on the fact that none of our systems are working. Then we get the tent cities, etc.

We're already (as a society) electing to believe in fairy tales over reality. Sweet lies about unregistered charities collecting money to "help the homeless", gym businesses involved with west London religious organisations, etc. Obviously some high street businesses are not viable but you find them grouped and they serve a purpose.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 17:21 - 11 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

Our own (UK) fentanyl crisis surely can't be far behind. There are certainly many forward-thinking people in the crime industry always looking to grasp the new most lucrative nettle, most of whom are probably already on the meth labs bandwagon (popularity of BreakingBad notwithstanding) - it's certainly been rife in NZ where it is known as "P" , the problem has been so bad that estate agents now specifically have a requirement to test whether a house has formerly been used as a meth lab.

First off I don't think Crystal Meth is as much of a problem here as it is in the US. Secondly my understanding is that Fentanyl is being sold to those already hooked on opiates. Seeing as we have an NHS we don't have the same opiate crisis that the US does. In the US with lower level medical insurances often they give people in pain opiates instead of treating the problem. Either because that's what the insurance covers, or because people don't have insurance at all.

So the politics of the UK mean that we are less likely to fall afoul of the same issues as the US - is my understanding anyway.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 18:07 - 11 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, opiates are heavily prescribed as a pain killer in the states (that's how George Floyd got addicted) whereas in the UK opiates tend to be used only in clinical environments and as palative end of life treatment.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:52 - 11 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

Just sayin'.

(Donk)

Sorry if it's inconvenient to hear about what's going on in other parts of the country.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 104 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2