Going back to cruising

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic : View next topic  

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:32 - 27 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
On the RE Himalayan, I think looks have a lot to do with it. Compared with its competition from BMW and Honda its specs are poor but it's like a bike version of the Land Rover 90 Defender unlike a Landie though its cheap. It has a look to it though which its competition doesn't share, the BMW and Honda are very dull looking.

I'd say this is a lot of the RE appeal in general. I was at a bikers cafe and there was a RE Continental in red parked up when I got there. It looked really good in the flesh and stood out amongst all the other bikes coming and going. Sounded good too. For £6,200 brand new.
Plenty of people who have ridden it have said that while it isn't a fast bike, it is a lot fun to ride around the lanes.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:03 - 27 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Triumph seems to have dropped its equivalent to the Continental. No surprise really.

blue_painted
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 15:19 - 27 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, the Meteor thing is just down to charm and charisma. It's such a fun little bike, it's not fast by any stretch but it steers perfectly neutrally, it stops on a five-pee, and pom-pom-pom's nicely on my eight mile commute mostly through traffic, even out of town the traffic seldom gets over 50 mph.

Before I bought the horrible Mash I tried two of the Royal Enfield 500 singles, one of the Electro Bullets and the Continental. Of the two I preferred the Bullet, the Conti felt as though it should be a lot faster, so it's not just the Royal Enfield-ness, at least for me.

I'm going to try the Super Meteor 650, because I find the mild-cruiser setup is easier on me old bones, but it will need to be one charming m-f to replace the Bonnie.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 49 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4