Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

SCAM, KAWASAKI ZX6 636 FALSELY ADVERTISED, £200 STOLEN

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

supra3turbo
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 14:48 - 18 Jan 2023    Post subject: SCAM, KAWASAKI ZX6 636 FALSELY ADVERTISED, £200 STOLEN Reply with quote

Hi All,

Just wanted to update anyone who has seen this bike listed, my dad sent a £200 deposit over "more than happy to refund the deposit" and "my wife has had to go to hospital can you come tomorrow for the bike, if not ill send the deposit back"

I lost contact with him this morning, and upon reading my message that i went round to the address he gave and the guy had no idea about a bike, never owned one, nothing to do with him at all he blocked me on facebook and deleted the ad.

If anyone has anymore information please get in contact with me

My dad is 83 and cannot offord to loose £200, i have contacted the bank and they are tryinng to process a refund.

Hardistymotorbikes@gmail.com

Thanks all - Joe
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:50 - 18 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll never see that money again. £200 is not enough for the Police to start bothering Facebook for account details and even they did it would only lead you to a gmail account set up last week. That being said a crime reference number would be useful... I would focus on hassling the bank. They will say the money was given voluntarily but keep coming back that it was obtained by fraud.

Ultimately banks will look at how bad fraud has got with Facebook Marketplace and their sort of pressure would have more effect.

Going forward you might want to gently persuade your Dad to let you do "Internet Stuff." I have a few older relatives I help out (especially insurance renewals) and it saves stress, money and time in the end.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:05 - 18 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a direct transfer to someone's bank account, right? The bank may be able to reverse the charge - send them all the evidence you've got. Emails, screenshots, everything. You can do it all online these days. Be prepared for a delay as they make a decision. It's worth getting on the phone to your bank's fraud team as well, to let them know what happened. Explain everthing. They're usually pretty good. They also have some discretion to do certain things, if you're lucky.

Report to police, as well. Not that they're any use, but it may help if it's done (in the eyes of the bank), otherwise it's just a civil dispute. If the money was paid into someone's bank account, then it's got a name and an address attached to it.

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:38 - 18 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
This was a direct transfer to someone's bank account, right? The bank may be able to reverse the charge - send them all the evidence you've got. Emails, screenshots, everything. You can do it all online these days. Be prepared for a delay as they make a decision. It's worth getting on the phone to your bank's fraud team as well, to let them know what happened. Explain everthing. They're usually pretty good. They also have some discretion to do certain things, if you're lucky.

Report to police, as well. Not that they're any use, but it may help if it's done (in the eyes of the bank), otherwise it's just a civil dispute. If the money was paid into someone's bank account, then it's got a name and an address attached to it.

Unlikely. That's why scammers love to take money by bank transfer, coz it's hard to get it back.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:46 - 18 Jan 2023    Post subject: Re: SCAM, KAWASAKI ZX6 636 FALSELY ADVERTISED, £200 STOLEN Reply with quote

supra3turbo wrote:
he blocked me on facebook and deleted the ad.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2263972313776745

Wink

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:40 - 19 Jan 2023    Post subject: Re: SCAM, KAWASAKI ZX6 636 FALSELY ADVERTISED, £200 STOLEN Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
supra3turbo wrote:
he blocked me on facebook and deleted the ad.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2263972313776745
Wink

So has anyone messaged this to enquire if it's still available...?

Or is this a legit ad which some arsewipe hijacked in order to nick the OP's Dad's deposit?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:48 - 19 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, if they say "come round, view any time, huh? no i don't need a deposit" then hijacked ad. Careful you don't upset an innocent party.

blurredman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:21 - 19 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that it's proof of anything but the house address your dad went to have a driveway that looks anything like that picture?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

supra3turbo
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 11:45 - 19 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

no it didn't look anything like it, i got there the garage floor what i could see sticking out from under the door wasn't red, the driveway didn't have gates like that, the guy litteraly was in shock someone was banging on his door, some 50 odd year old asian guy didn't even answer the door, he opened the front room window and i said, ive come for the motorbike he said "what motorbike, i have no motorbike" i said "seriously? green Kawasaki ninja, this is the address ive been given" he said "i have never had motorbike, why my address its not me, no green motorbike here" i said "what about your neighbors?" he said "no green bike, young boy 2 doors up has black bike i have to go back working now on laptop"

I looked and there was a black 125 on L plates rusty as hell 2 doors up from him, thats all i could get out of him, he had no idea, what an absolute dead leg i really hope the bank come through, my dad just wants a sports bike again, and now hes £200 down Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 12:03 - 19 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your dad is 83 and wants a sports bike?

Fuck me ragged.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:06 - 19 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like others have said, never in a month of Sundays are the police going to waste their time investigating £200.00. It's enraging but that's how it is. I would still report it to get an incident reference number to use with the bank side of things though.

Your only possible recourse is to pursue it with the bank (and their bank since you have their sort code it will tell you the branch of their bank too) so I would be onto the fraud teams of both banks. I don't think you will get anything, the onus is on your dad not to be a fucking nugget and send money to some cunt he doesn't know without seeing something in-person first. That being said, they might do something. Nothing ventured is nothing gained!

Good luck!

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:13 - 19 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking closer at the photos (assuming they were taken recently), its not even the same bike in both photos, taken in 2 totally different locations

Different driveway, one is block paved, the other is gravel
Crash bungs in 2 of the photos, none in the other
Sticker down the fork leg on one, not in the others
Sticker under the screen on front fairing, not on the other
Black hugger on one, green on the other

The only option is to persue this with your bank, you won't be getting anything back from the seller

supra3turbo
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 13:01 - 19 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant even see the pictures anymore its gone off my facebook, i didn't even notice that... what a pillock i am, could you upload the pictures for me at all?

Cheers

supra3turbo
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 13:13 - 19 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the ad up on my mates facebook now, going to ask him if i can go and see it straight away, if he says yes and gives me another address, that money will be back in my dads account, if not ill get it one way or another

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:15 - 19 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno if you're not reading this properly

The guy that is doing the Ad, probably lives in Botswana or something, he's just sending you to some random guys house after you've sent him money already

Does the bank account name line up with the account name on facebook for a start?

Unless the bank somehow sorts it out, that money is gone
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:50 - 19 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

supra3turbo wrote:
Got the ad up on my mates facebook now, going to ask him if i can go and see it straight away, if he says yes and gives me another address, that money will be back in my dads account, if not ill get it one way or another

Can you give us the scammers sort code? It will at least show us which bank and branch he is using and a little more insight into his positioning in relation to where the scam is occurring.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 14:46 - 19 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently the bike is available and when would I like to come down.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 14:49 - 19 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Says bike is in Oldham.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 15:46 - 19 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asking for deposit.

Should I send them a link to this thread?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 15:58 - 19 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the FB profile.

https://www.facebook.com/usman.mahmood.739978

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:08 - 19 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes

That address is nothing to do with the scammer.

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:10 - 19 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Strange URL for someone call Andy Laughing

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 16:10 - 19 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:11 - 19 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usman Mahmood, you are a scumbag Middle Finger Laughing Middle Finger

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:36 - 19 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not man enough to work a real job so scamming people on facebook

Tell him he's got 24 hours to send the money back before his account details are signed up for every charity monthly donation you can get your hands on
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 69 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2