Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

NSR125 Help me with the RC Valve

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

2tenjoyer
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 21:54 - 30 Jan 2023    Post subject: NSR125 Help me with the RC Valve Reply with quote

Hello,

Help me answer these questions, first of all a bit of introduction. I have a NSR125, the RC Valve (the one that moves the flaps), and the RC Valve Control unit. For this to be complete I also need the RC servomotor, the thing that gets the signal from the RC Valve Control Unit to move the RC Valve flaps. Now Imo it’s quite a bit of a hassle to buy, install and then troubleshoot the system.

Am I right about the RC system, did I explain it correctly?

Should I remove it? Please argument your decision.

If I proceed with the removal, will not having the system could cause some problems in the long run? Harm the engine?

I have read somewhere that if I proceed with removing the RC system, I will lose power, the bike probably won’t run ideally and I’ll use more fuel. How much of that is true?

The motorbike will be used for streets, and hooning around the whereabouts. I won’t be using the oil pump, instead I’ll be mixing fuel and oil together in the tank. The bike is getting a bottom end, and top end rebuild. New gaskets, new crankshaft bearings, new piston and its rings.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:03 - 30 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the power of a 2 stroke is affected by the exhaust system. Reflecting shockwaves or some such, I suggest a little trawl of the YouTubes for an explanation video.

Anyhoo, the basic premise of a power valve system is to affect the exhaust profile on demand. Plenty of old dirt bikes don't even have such a system so it's not absolutely essential. However as this is an NSR I'd recommend getting it working if possible otherwise it defeats the point of it being a race bike and rinsing all the power you can out of the engine.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 48 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1