Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Good news on the globalist front

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:28 - 19 Jan 2023    Post subject: Good news on the globalist front Reply with quote

Jacinda Ardern announces her resignation Very Happy
Funny how the occasional show of compassion isn't enough to make you a good leader...who'd have thunk it?

Backstabbing and recrimination at the WEF. Seems some attendees are saying they don't like Klaus Schwab's megalomaniac approach.
And the bad news is Tony Blair is being tipped to replace him. Ffs, just shut the whole useless and controversial thing down! And bury Blair to great depth while you're at it.

These are my opinions, you are entitled to disagree Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:13 - 19 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

She was going to get hammered at the next election after her draconian covid over-reaction. She wanted to go on her terms.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:17 - 19 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just have to see what kind of person replaces her now. I won't hold my breath for someone with any sense in this world we're living in.
But isn't it funny how these people who claim to be the compassionate ones always find their ideas backfiring on them, and often from the very people they claim to be standing up for? It's a mystery! Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Last edited by chickenstrip on 15:19 - 19 Jan 2023; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 15:19 - 19 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

That dramatic civid over reaction which coincidentally also took place in a country which had one of the lowest covid death rates in the world.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:28 - 19 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

With one of the lowest population densities in the world. Stands to reason really.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:12 - 19 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
With one of the lowest population densities in the world. Stands to reason really.

And probably the easiest of major countries to control entry too and from.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:21 - 19 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
grr666 wrote:

That's the point. NZ closed its borders hence no plague dogs allowed in.

We did the same here, you couldn't get on or off the islands unless you were a key worker or on some form of essential business. We had astonishingly low covid numbers for a long time, then they opened the transport routes. Instant exponential growth of cases detected and reported.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:23 - 19 Jan 2023    Post subject: Re: Good news on the globalist front Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Funny how the occasional show of compassion isn't enough to make you a good leader...who'd have thunk it?

Backstabbing and recrimination at the WEF. Seems some attendees are saying they don't like Klaus Schwab's megalomaniac approach.
And the bad news is Tony Blair is being tipped to replace him. Ffs, just shut the whole useless and controversial thing down! And bury Blair to great depth while you're at it.

Which, of course, I do. Laughing

You'd expect nothing less and I wouldn't want to let you down. Wink

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:36 - 19 Jan 2023    Post subject: Re: Good news on the globalist front Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

So you think an occasional show of compassion (no doubt faked, or at the very least, reserved only for a small percentage of people) makes someone leader material? Mmhmm... Laughing

What is it you're disagreeing with me on about the WEF? I could use a laugh Smile

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:34 - 19 Jan 2023    Post subject: Re: Good news on the globalist front Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Islander wrote:

So you think an occasional show of compassion (no doubt faked, or at the very least, reserved only for a small percentage of people) makes someone leader material? Mmhmm... Laughing

What is it you're disagreeing with me on about the WEF? I could use a laugh Smile

I happen to think she was a very good PM overall. I've got friends and relatives in NZ that think so as well.

The WEF seems to be peopled with hypocrites and I'm no fan of Blair. Dammit did I just agree with you? Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:16 - 19 Jan 2023    Post subject: Re: Good news on the globalist front Reply with quote

Islander wrote:

I happen to think she was a very good PM overall. I've got friends and relatives in NZ that think so as well.

No doubt all total leftie loonies Razz

Quote:
The WEF seems to be peopled with hypocrites and I'm no fan of Blair. Dammit did I just agree with you? Laughing

It's a start Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:27 - 19 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

With regards to the WEF the only good news is that Emperor Palpatine, like most tyrants, is loath to name a successor so hopefully the whole rotten edifice will collapse upon his death.

If you think it'll all carry on regardless consider Alexander's Empire...

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:53 - 19 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

We did the same here, you couldn't get on or off the islands unless you were a key worker or on some form of essential business. We had astonishingly low covid numbers for a long time, then they opened the transport routes. Instant exponential growth of cases detected and reported.

NZ could get away with sealing it's borders without totally screwing the economy, we couldn't. The smaller the population, the easier to control. We could of course have gone total south Korea and tracked people to make sure they didn't do naughty things. That would have gone down well with our law abiding population. Remember the BLM riots? In the middle of the rona lockdown when no one knew how much transmission that would cause but we had to have them because, well, America did. Rolling Eyes

Plus of course our impenetrable borders allowed 30000 migrants to cross the channel during the covid years, 20/21. I'm sure they were all covid free.

Any comparison between us and NZ is utterly ludicrous.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:06 - 19 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Islander wrote:

NZ could get away with sealing it's borders without totally screwing the economy, we couldn't. The smaller the population, the easier to control. We could of course have gone total south Korea and tracked people to make sure they didn't do naughty things. That would have gone down well with our law abiding population. Remember the BLM riots? In the middle of the rona lockdown when no one knew how much transmission that would cause but we had to have them because, well, America did. Rolling Eyes

Plus of course our impenetrable borders allowed 30000 migrants to cross the channel during the covid years, 20/21. I'm sure they were all covid free.

Any comparison between us and NZ is utterly ludicrous.

You do realise I didn't mean the British Isles for comparison don't you? I was referring to Orkney. Closing the transport links to non-essential travel worked a treat for us.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:19 - 19 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isle of Man did much the same to good effect until vaccines made it unnecessary.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:24 - 19 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Isle of Man did much the same to good effect until vaccines made it unnecessary.

Pretty much the same here plus Shetland and Eilean nan Siar. The vast majority of the populations had been vaccinated when the transport links reopened.

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:35 - 20 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I right in thinking:

that New Zealand went for a zero covid policy, even though that's impossible to acheive and everyone knew that;

that lock downs have a massive negative impacts that outweigh the dangers of spreading a 99% survivable virus; and

that she pushed through a smoking law that will ban anyone born after 2008 from ever smoking in their lifetime?

Whatever happened to free choice?
Interestingly I don't think we'll ever get such a ban in UK as smokers pay way more tax than their illnesses cost.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:26 - 20 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:

You do realise I didn't mean the British Isles for comparison don't you? I was referring to Orkney.

Orkney? Orkney?! Who gives a flying fuck about that godforsaken little rock? Laughing

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:46 - 20 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Islander wrote:

You do realise I didn't mean the British Isles for comparison don't you? I was referring to Orkney.

Orkney? Orkney?! Who gives a flying fuck about that godforsaken little rock? Laughing

It appears that people do...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-64330367

Signed this morning in the Council chamber.

Thank you all for paying to make my life a bit better. Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:49 - 20 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBC? BBC?! Who gives a flying fuck about those twats? Laughing

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:02 - 20 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
BBC? BBC?! Who gives a flying fuck about those twats? Laughing

Hush. Just pay your taxes so that I can benefit there's a good chap. Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:06 - 20 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one benefits from the BBC in its current guise.
And paying taxes? Whistle
Maybe you benefit from some of the VAT I pay on food and groceries - that's all you're gonna get from me Laughing

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:41 - 20 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ozzis hamstrung their female too and I always rated her as a decent politician.
The Old Colonials haven't changed their spots.

They knives were out for the Finish pm too last year.

Just coz they are women they shouldn't need special protection. But they should be given the benefit.
And they are all fitties too may I add.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:46 - 20 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

And they are all fitties too may I add.

dont set your standards too high, do you. Laughing

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:47 - 20 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
No one benefits from the BBC in its current guise.
And paying taxes? Whistle
Maybe you benefit from some of the VAT I pay on food and groceries - that's all you're gonna get from me Laughing

Most food is zero rated for VAT. The main exception to this is take-away hot food.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/food-products-and-vat-notice-70114
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 58 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2