Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Nicola Bulley's disappearance

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:22 - 04 Feb 2023    Post subject: Nicola Bulley's disappearance Reply with quote

A quick couple of questions:

Why is there so little information about the details of the conference call, etc. etc.?

Why have the police apparently committed themselves to the conclusion that she fell into the river? They haven't found her body yet - she could've been murdered. If there's the possibility of a murderer yet to be apprehended, why are the police not erring on the side of caution and saying she could've been attacked and killed?

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:16 - 04 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Her sister isn’t buying the fallen in the river theory. There’s a million Twitter detectives pointing the finger at the partner. Which isn’t baseless, or clever. Most killings are carried out by someone close to the victim - partner, spouse - and there’s stuff in his (and her) private life fuelling the murder theories.

The police will be aware of these facts and the river theory may be to deflect attention away from “quiet” investigations of other possible scenarios.

Obviously all the attention this case is getting is because she’s an attractive, white, middle class woman. If it was fat Shaniqua from the rough side of town we would all have looked away by now.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:00 - 04 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
Obviously all the attention this case is getting is because she’s an attractive, white, middle class woman. If it was fat Shaniqua from the rough side of town we would all have looked away by now.

To a certain extent. I'd lean towards loose dog, phone left on bench still in conference call as the main intrigue for ppl. But then, "Shaniqua" get into that sort of scenario.

My initial thoughts: made redundant / fired / downgraded in the works call. Did she have any issues with depression? If she were attacked by a nutter I would expect them to smash the phone or lob it in the river. Maybe the dog's ball ended up on the bank, went to grab it and lost her footing.

2/1 - body is found further down the river, 5/1 - shallow grave, 30/1 - ran off lover, 100/1 fake death insurance scam.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:23 - 04 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
.. I'd lean towards loose dog, phone left on bench still in conference call as the main intrigue for ppl.

Indeed.

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:31 - 04 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCI Twitter reckons the partner is another Chris Watts and the Police are waiting for a slipup by him

Very sad situation
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 13:51 - 04 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess would have been the dog escaped, she ran after it and fell in the river. Dog never fell in, but there was definitely reports that dog was agitated when they found it.

They'd have mentioned what was going on on the conf call if it was something life changing enough to jump into a river. If it was a 'big' conf call, there would have been some telegraphing which would have made most people decide not to join when walking the flipping dog.

I expect we'll find out in the fullness of time. If she did fall in the river, her body will be found at some point. It seems like a weird place to commit a murder seeing as there were a few other dog walkers around but it's not impossible I suppose.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 14:01 - 04 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also worth saying that the police who do this kind of investigation are not dumb. They use the release of information to their advantage. If they aren't saying she could have been attacked and abducted or killed there is a reason for that. Either they think it might be the case and it's tactical (IE they are after the husband) or they think it isn't and they have some evidence to show it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:30 - 04 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must be awful to just "not know" where a loved one has gone.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:46 - 04 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judging by Google alone that river doesn’t look like the kind of torrent which would sweep a body away or pin it under. If she’d fallen in I think she’d have been found by now.

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:38 - 04 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not Shaniqua but a 55yr old grandad went missing around the same time

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/read-this/wifes-plea-to-find-missing-grandfather-peter-baglin-who-vanished-after-canal-walk-police-still-searching-4012708

Eerily similar, phone, headphones and hat left on path but no sign of him.

Bet his family are frantic too but no one’s speculating or suggesting the wife did it are they? Rolling Eyes

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:54 - 04 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The police will be aware of these facts and the river theory may be to deflect attention away from “quiet” investigations of other possible scenarios.

Good points but I just wanted to mention this one.

The point i was trying to make in the OP was that if the police are secretly thinking "murder" - and what's more - if they're thinking "murderer still out there," are they irresponsible to be telling the public 'nothing to worry about - poor lady slipped into river and drowned...move along now.'

People living in the area, blithely cracking on with life, whilst lurking under the next bridge is some sociopathic killer.

If - ok, ok pretty big "IF" - there's "another" "murder" in the next few days or weeks before Nicola Bulley's body is found, there will have to be a resignation won't there? At the very least, the police will surely appear to have endangered the public.

I honestly don't understand how they can put all their proverbial eggs in the "drowned" basket when there's apparently no evidence at all. Alright, yeah, I am stressing the "apparently" there. But think about it like this: If it's foul play, which it almost certainly has to be if she DIDN'T fall in the river, why don't the police err on the side of protecting the public by saying be careful until we have a better idea of what's going on just in case Raoul Moat II is stalking the local river banks.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 17:09 - 04 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha wrote:

Good points but I just wanted to mention this one.

The point i was trying to make in the OP was that if the police are secretly thinking "murder" - and what's more - if they're thinking "murderer still out there," are they irresponsible to be telling the public 'nothing to worry about - poor lady slipped into river and drowned...move along now.'

People living in the area, blithely cracking on with life, whilst lurking under the next bridge is some sociopathic killer.

If - ok, ok pretty big "IF" - there's "another" "murder" in the next few days or weeks before Nicola Bulley's body is found, there will have to be a resignation won't there? At the very least, the police will surely appear to have endangered the public.

I honestly don't understand how they can put all their proverbial eggs in the "drowned" basket when there's apparently no evidence at all. Alright, yeah, I am stressing the "apparently" there. But think about it like this: If it's foul play, which it almost certainly has to be if she DIDN'T fall in the river, why don't the police err on the side of protecting the public by saying be careful until we have a better idea of what's going on just in case Raoul Moat II is stalking the local river banks.

You're assuming you have all the information though, which is at best naive and at worst incredibly arrogant. You know as well as anyone else on this forum that the police can and do present one image to the world whilst doing something else in the background. You also must know that there is no need for them to tell the general public all of the evidence they have. The police can and do tell people when to lock their doors, not go out and avoid being alone, but they won't do that unless they've got reason to do so.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:14 - 04 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the case of Claudia Lawrence from '09 (whose body has never been found), the police immediately treated it as a case of murder - although it's unlikely that, in walking from York Uni campus to Heworth she would've made a detour to anywhere close to the river Ouse or Foss. Both rivers are about a mile out of the most direct route.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:19 - 04 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
The police can and do tell people when to lock their doors, not go out and avoid being alone, but they won't do that unless they've got reason to do so.

Unless they know for sure she drowned, how have they NOT got a reason to do so?

Are you implying her partner is a major suspect - and that although he's not been arrested yet, they haven't let him out of their sight and therefore the public is safe? Because if you're not, I don't get how the public isn't potentially at risk.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:36 - 04 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

If she'd gone into the water then there would generally be some signs of that.

Her phone was left mid conference call but the headphones weren't with it.

If she'd gone into the water then her dog would so have followed her.

Police will be getting the fitbit data from phone which should give some clues as to what happened in the 20 meters or so of bluetooth range.

How certain the police seem to be about the lack of third party involvement is intriguing but you can't really draw any type of useful conclusion from that.

I think it's fair to say that her story will be on /r/UnresolvedMysteries/ for years to come.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 20:05 - 04 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha wrote:

Are you implying her partner is a major suspect - and that although he's not been arrested yet, they haven't let him out of their sight and therefore the public is safe? Because if you're not, I don't get how the public isn't potentially at risk.

I'm not actually implying anything specific, I'm just saying that the only people who actually *know* anything significant are the police.

They won't suddenly tell everyone to lock their doors and stay in because it's a massive overreaction, and cause panic? I'd say by-and-large serial killers are not very common, and it's usually a much more mundane explanation. Having people panic is not a good outcome.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:45 - 04 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
If she'd gone into the water then there would generally be some signs of that.

Her phone was left mid conference call but the headphones weren't with it.

If she'd gone into the water then her dog would so have followed her.

Police will be getting the fitbit data from phone which should give some clues as to what happened in the 20 meters or so of bluetooth range.

How certain the police seem to be about the lack of third party involvement is intriguing but you can't really draw any type of useful conclusion from that.

I think it's fair to say that her story will be on /r/UnresolvedMysteries/ for years to come.

I have to agree with all of this. I would expect the dog to follow her downstream for as long as he could see her if she went in the river.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:16 - 04 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who found the phone and the dog's harness?

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:25 - 04 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bet his family are frantic too but no one’s speculating or suggesting the wife did it are they? Rolling Eyes

That's because we are continually told to "believe women" and go along with the impression that they can allegedly
do no wrong. Whereas all men are automatically insta-bastards without even a shred of evidence to suggest they are.

That said, he does have an intense unblinking kind of eye language that I'm uncomfortable with having seen some
video of the man but regardless he'd still be in the frame for the murder because he was born with a penis and
connected in any way to the alleged victim. The presumption of guilt is why men don't approach women any more
and why some avoid interaction with them in any way shape or form. Gilette razor anyone?

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:25 - 04 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://zippy.gfycat.com/ChiefNauticalIndianjackal.mp4

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:04 - 04 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The difference between men and women is men are expendable and women are not (if you want society to perpetuate for any degree of time) as evidenced by all the war dead throughout history...

...you're welcome, ladies Wink

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:38 - 04 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
The difference between men and women is men are expendable and women are not (if you want society to perpetuate for any degree of time) as evidenced by all the war dead throughout history...

...you're welcome, ladies Wink

that used to be the case when women spent their younger years raising children. does it still apply today?

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:44 - 04 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grr666 said

Quote:
Stuff

Yeah, point taken. I didn’t mean to invoke the gender question specifically, I meant that the morbid fascination in her disappearance stems from her looks and status - hence Shaniqua in my OP.

I mentioned the grey haired grandad too, to underline my first point. No one’s interested, no one’s speculating, hardly anyone is searching for him because he’s a grey, old, working class guy and there’s obviously no question his wife did him in……

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:49 - 04 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
That said, he does have an intense unblinking kind of eye language that I'm uncomfortable with

yes - and that laugh at the end of the interview was a bit unsettling imo

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:00 - 04 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who the fcuk is Shaniqua?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 73 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2