Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Peter Pan gets the Disney woke treatment.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:35 - 08 Mar 2023    Post subject: Peter Pan gets the Disney woke treatment. Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ji5U2sTlLU&t=1s
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:50 - 08 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't look too bad. The odd black fairy which in todays society has to be a given. What Pisses me off is Captain Hook is white. Shgould be black as we all know black people make the best villains. Cool

Actually they don't, British white men make the best villians but the wokes would rgard that as racist
. Laughing

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:48 - 08 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter Panjabi and stinker bell.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 23:03 - 08 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure there's bigger issues to worry about than a black tinkerbell.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:46 - 08 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
Peter Panjabi and stinker bell.

Lives down the road from Rahmit Uhpur.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:59 - 09 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Pretty sure there's bigger issues to worry about than a black tinkerbell.

"For a modern audience" = we couldn't afford any decent script writers so we'll do a bit of shameless race swapping to drum up free publicity.

But hey, if we can have black and oriental* Jesus (thanks, Catholic Church) I agree Peter Pan's is a bit lower on the list of priorities.

*But not Middle-Eastern apparently

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:39 - 09 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

But hey, if we can have black and oriental* Jesus (thanks, Catholic Church) I agree Peter Pan's is a bit lower on the list of priorities.

*But not Middle-Eastern apparently

What ethnicity would you expect Jesus to be, being (apparently) born in the Middle East and all, he's hardly going to be a caucasian white man he is so often depicted to be

Last edited by rpsmith79 on 10:15 - 09 Mar 2023; edited 1 time in total

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:11 - 09 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really couldn't care less. Everyone knows the sort of people that are upset at this can't be reasoned with.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:23 - 09 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpsmith79 wrote:
What ethnicity would you expect Jesus to be, being (apparently) born in the Middle East and all, he's hardly going to be a caucasian white man he is so often depicted to be

I'd be expecting a little 5 foot nothing Middle-Eastern Jew. The tall, bearded white chap image comes from hi-jacking local Pagan "All-Father" myths. White Jesus, Christmas, Easter, etc. all cultural appropriation.

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:27 - 09 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
rpsmith79 wrote:

I'd be expecting a little 5 foot nothing Middle-Eastern Jew. The tall, bearded white chap image comes from hi-jacking local Pagan "All-Father" myths. White Jesus, Christmas, Easter, etc. all cultural appropriation.

Exactly, so everyone crying "woke" these days must now realise this "white washing" has been going on for milenia

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:26 - 09 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait for the White "Shaft" or the all white Roots.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:42 - 09 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
...all white Roots.

No, that would be historically accurate given the large Irish contingent working the plantation. Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

virus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:46 - 10 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont really give a shit about 'race swapping' got bigger things to wory about than a disney movie.

That said, with Disneys trend of rae swaping classic disney movies im looking forward to seeing if they are daft enough to do it to Tarzan... Go on Disney, make a movie about a black kid raised by apes in the jungle Laughing
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:04 - 10 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not the race swap per se but the publicity that goes with it: "Black actress recounts 'hate' she received after accepting part..." almost as it's all part and parcel of the marketing machine these days. And if you get past that and actually watch the film or TV series you discover no expense spared spent on the script. The Velma (Scooby Doo prequel) being the worst example so far.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:00 - 10 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Artist wrote:
I really couldn't care less. Everyone knows the sort of people that are upset at this can't be reasoned with.

I'd love to hear your reasoning as to why whitewashing is bad but blackwashing is fine.

rpsmith79 wrote:

That might have had something to do with trying to get people to adopt Christianity, unless you think they all would have turned up to worship a middle-eastern Jew.

virus wrote:
I dont really give a shit about 'race swapping' got bigger things to wory about than a disney movie.

What about historical figures?

https://imgs.classicfm.com/images/219438?crop=16_9&width=660&relax=1&signature=vni-luEjkd7de9MUSDfs2YffrLM=

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:13 - 10 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange that Sophie Okonedo:

https://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/20/590x/The-Hollow-Crown-667894.jpg

...played Queen Margaret in The Hollow Crown and that passed without comment Thinking

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:28 - 10 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Strange that Sophie Okonedo:

https://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/20/590x/The-Hollow-Crown-667894.jpg

...played Queen Margaret in The Hollow Crown and that passed without comment Thinking

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/14498331.ukip-councillor-chris-wood-in-medieval-race-row-after-criticising-bbc-for-casting-black-actress-in-the-hollow-crown/

Also the casting being talked about here so it was being discussed (I do remember seeing stuff about it): https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/667894/Sophie-Okonedo-Undercover-The-Hollow-Crown-Benedict-Cumberbatch-Dominic-Cooke

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:37 - 10 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

UKIP councillor? Hardly likely to get a credible critique. Regardless, I didn't notice the same kerfuffle at the time Thinking Maybe because Ms. Okonedo can actually act? She can also ham it up - Liz Ten in Dr. Who Smile

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:38 - 10 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

That was obviously wrong. One of the most iconic figures in (white) British history played by a black person. Someone trying to push the boundries and get a reaction they can howl as racist probably.
There are some really good actors and actresses around of all creeds and colours. Putting one in a role to race bait is just propogating the problem.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:59 - 10 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
UKIP councillor? Hardly likely to get a credible critique. Regardless, I didn't notice the same kerfuffle at the time Thinking

You're moving the goalposts just a little Wink We've gone from passing without comment to the same kerfuffle.

Polarbear wrote:
M.C wrote:

That was obviously wrong. One of the most iconic figures in (white) British history played by a black person. Someone trying to push the boundries and get a reaction they can howl as racist probably.
There are some really good actors and actresses around of all creeds and colours. Putting one in a role to race bait is just propogating the problem.

It's possible and there's a theory going around they're doing this for promotion, cos their shitty series or film no one would ordinarily watch gets attention, and it also gets all the shitlibs defending multinational corporations like Disney and Amazon (very anti-establishment...).

I'm more cynical and think it's about conditioning people, which's why you see so many black people on TV/in advertising vs. their actual population (4% in the UK), and why they're being inserted into our history so youngsters think they were always here.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:01 - 10 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

That was obviously wrong. One of the most iconic figures in (white) British history played by a black person.

Quote:
Singaporean dancer will portray the Queen in forthcoming Platinum Jubilee pageant
Event organisers said the colour-blind casting was inspired by Netflix’s regency period drama ‘Bridgerton’

https://static.independent.co.uk/2022/05/02/11/pjimage%20-%202022-05-02T155742.210.jpg?quality=75&width=990&crop=2048%3A1536%2Csmart&auto=webp

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/royal-family/singaporean-dancer-the-queen-platinum-jubilee-b2069757.html

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:06 - 10 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

I'm more cynical and think it's about conditioning people, which's why you see so many black people on TV/in advertising vs. their actual population (4% in the UK), and why they're being inserted into our history so youngsters think they were always here.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11585077/BBC-warping-modern-Britain-allowing-woke-viewpoints-dramas-report-warns.html

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:10 - 10 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
Quote:
Event organisers said the colour-blind casting was inspired by Netflix’s regency period drama ‘Bridgerton’

Ed Skrein, Facing Criticism, Backs Out of Playing Asian Character in ‘Hellboy’

virus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:11 - 10 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

virus wrote:

What about historical figures?

Nope, still dont give a shit. Wink Thumbs Up
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:13 - 10 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
It's possible and there's a theory going around they're doing this for promotion...

The research from advertising where the classic 2.4 family comprises of black, white, trans... whatever's current thing is it turns people off entirely regardless of the race of the viewer. The unfortunate thing is very few cultures are keen on umm... race mixing. Not a reality that can be admitted in polite society so the advertisers carry on regardless.

James Lindsay's very keen on his "Drag Floyd" theory. In the case of the US he intimates the reason for "drag show story hour" is to goad one of the plebs into doing something rash to create a martyr for the cause. The tactic can be distilled down to "your opponents' reaction is your action" (which I believe is a trope in anarchism) and can therefore be employed universally. And as stated previously even Hollywood can get in on this by astroturfing "hate tweets" whenever a film needs an extra marketing push.

tl;dr keep prodding till the other guy snaps then wail "why did you hit me?!"
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 45 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2