Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

1930s Britain UK illegal immigration bill clear breach UNRC

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:46 - 11 Mar 2023    Post subject: 1930s Britain UK illegal immigration bill clear breach UNRC Reply with quote

From the forefronth of defending human rights and Churchill creating UN Refugees Convention to pariah state spreading 1930s hatred and lies like North Korea that is the disgrace for Britain now.

UK illegal immigration bill clear breach of UN Refugees convention.

UK gov. Sunak & Braverman lying there is not a single lawyer that accepts this law can be legal.

UK will be the only country in the civilsed world imprisoning people without access to court.

Chris Daw QC at LBC Friday 10 March 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra35Bu10R2g
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:16 - 11 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, yes, we know. We're arguing the toss on this elsewhere on bcf. Please don't start threads un-necessarily.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:37 - 11 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the greatest of respect, Val, get bent.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:55 - 11 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The convention is being abused by economic migrants and criminals. Something needs to change.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:13 - 11 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

What we need to do is actually detain and process them, not allow them to run free as soon as they get onto British soil.

Not spend 2 years processing their claim and then not being able to find them.

That way proper asylum seekers get the safety they need and the chancers get deported.

But.... it's all about money. It costs money to detain and then process them.

Which is the most important? Defend our boarders from the 'invaders' or save money?

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:27 - 11 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want camps? There’s a turn up.

Why do you think it takes 2 years to process them? Lefty lawyers, perhaps, themselves abusing the convention.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:46 - 11 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
save money?

Errrr... no. The point is to spend money. Preferably some else's.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:02 - 12 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

True story about Nazis, BBC, Tory MPs, Sunak & Braverman silencing Gary Lineker.
Laughing
https://youtu.be/CRgAz47Y56c

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:06 - 12 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
You want camps? There’s a turn up.

Why do you think it takes 2 years to process them? Lefty lawyers, perhaps, themselves abusing the convention.

Also Churchill the famous lefty that created the convention.

Do you ever wonder why Germany is deporting Albanians and the UK not? Is there any remote chance the tory government is intentionally doing nothing and the processing of migrants has slowed twice under the current ERG rule?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:48 - 12 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're only wondering who pays you to post on this forum. They're not getting value for money.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:05 - 12 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val's got a point, even if it's the wrong thread.

The proposed change in the law is in breach of the UK's international treaty obligations. It will never get through the courts. Treaties are really serious. Sunak knows exactly what will happen, and will just bleat that he was obstructed by "leftie lawyers". That's his intention. The game being played here is way over the heads of what the ordinary public is capable of cognising. It's international. This is an imposed policy. Plus, never mind habeas corpus not being allowed, and never mind human rights law. What about banning people from reentry when you don't even know who they are? Biometrics doesn't work if you're not allowed to take that fingerprint/iris scan in the first place (on account of that person not being in the asylum system because you've interned them).

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:26 - 12 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:

Just bear in mind Val is paid to make points on forums so there's an ulterior motive behind it.

Anyhoo, with regards to treaty obligations the UNHCR are "very concerned"

https://www.unhcr.org/uk/uk-immigration-and-asylum-plans-some-questions-answered-by-unhcr.html

Quote:
The vast majority of refugees have no way to legally reach the UK to claim asylum, regardless of how strong their need for protection is. A majority of those arriving over the Channel would be likely to be found to be refugees, were their claims to be considered by the Home Office on their merits.

This is the central lie. They know it's a lie, we know it's a lie, they know we know it's a lie they don't care if we know it's a lie. One can claim asylum from anywhere but the entire world knows the asylum system is so broken in the UK applications effectively never get processed. The only difference is if you're on UK soil you get paid. (BTW is anyone complaining about France not upholding their treaty obligations while the swashbucklers are within their borders?) And the majority are not refugees but illegal economic colonists:

Quote:
A refugee, according to the Convention, is someone who is unable or unwilling to return to their country of origin owing to a well-founded fear of being persecuted for reasons of race, religion, nationality, membership of a particular social group, or political opinion.

However:

Quote:
In particular, the Convention does not apply to those for whom there are serious reasons for considering that they have committed war crimes or crimes against humanity, serious non-political crimes, or are guilty of acts contrary to the purposes and principles of the United Nations.

It seems to be just as difficult to prove this point (to the legal satisfaction of human rights lawyers) as it is to process genuine asylum claims. There is a bit of a "get-out"

Quote:
Every refugee has duties to the country in which he finds himself, which require in particular that he conform to its laws and regulations as well as to measures taken for the maintenance of public order.

Wait till they commit a crime then kick them out? Better than nothing I suppose. Expelling criminals or those of threat to national security (stabby-stabby Alan Snackbar) is fine as long as they're not dumped in a war zone.

Treaties are very serious, fair enough, but surely a country can bow out of them at some point? How about when the refugee budget exceeds the NHS budget, are we "allowed" to at least pause the treaty? I couldn't see anything in there Thinking Either you're signed up or you're not.

IMHO the central problem is the treaty is a rights based document and the UK isn't rights-based state like for example France. (If one is born in the UK the wait is 16~18 years to gain the equivalent "rights" whereas transit via channel dinghy affords the same rights after only 3 years.) The UK should either leave the HRC due to this incompatibility or at least change to a policy of malicious compliance.
Val This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:37 - 12 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
swashbucklers

Here's Val posting more of the same. https://conservativehome.com/2023/03/07/if-you-come-here-illegally-you-cant-claim-asylum-and-you-cant-stay-sunaks-small-boats-press-conference/#commentID-126074651

Rain

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:51 - 12 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The government isn't enforcing the laws currently in place and has no intention of implementing this, but there is an election so they have to look like they're doing something.
This must be at least the third home secretary that has declared an end to the boats, still nothing. Until I see the Royal Navy live firing in the channel I won't believe a word of it.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 22:45 - 12 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

We shouldn't lose sight of the fact that they are almost without exception travelling to the UK FROM a safe country and have usually passed through at least three other safe countries on their way here.

A cynical person might suggest the afore-mentioned safe countries are creating corridoors for displaced people to pass through until they reach a suitable holding area near enough the channel to make the crossing to the UK. A quick and easy way to make the problem go away.

If the EU was serious about helping refugees, they would register and process all the undocumented people they've allowed to travel across Europe then crammed into shanty towns within a handy distance of the English Channel. Maybe then we could talk about taking a reasonable proportion of them?

The same cynical person might suggest the French authorities all but help start the engines on the boats. Why is it just a French problem? Why isn't the great and powerful EU taking unified action to help these poor refugees? What are the EU currently doing to maintain their own border security?

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:50 - 12 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
global issue with 50 million people displaced by wars and conflicts.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:19 - 13 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
Quote:
global issue with 50 million people displaced by wars and conflicts.

And your point? Why should I care about these 50 million people over my own family?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:00 - 13 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we put Bulgarians in hermatically sealed carriges with a bit of zyclon B to sniff?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 10:00 - 13 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Can we put Bulgarians in hermatically sealed carriges with a bit of zyclon B to sniff?

Would you be unhappyif a sports presenter said this was wholly inppropriate to say if it was said by the Home Secretary?

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:55 - 13 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:

The proposed change in the law is in breach of the UK's international treaty obligations. It will never get through the courts.

In my opinion.... It's not really designed to get through the courts. It is designed to make it look like a Tory Government that's hell bent on importing half the third world and some pretty tasty Albanian gangsters to boot, is actually doing something about illegal immigration, because people have started to wake up to the facts of the matter.

That is to say:
a) the £7m plus a day to house migrants in 4 star hotels all over the country;
b) the 'riots' in Knowsley after a 25 year old 'refugee' tapped up a 15 year old schoolgirl;
b) the push-back on dumping a double-the-population-overnight-bunch-of-fighting-age-brown-and-black-men on rural villages type schemes, where residents have had labels chucked at them for not wanting their communities destroyed; and
c) Khaaaan and the likes of North Norfolk council actively chucking millions of quids of tax payer money towards building houses for migrants;

have started to get some attention and public opinion is shifting pretty rapidly.

The landslide in 19 was because of people in the Red Wall towns and villages turning blue. This is their big issue. Something needs to be done.

Or the pretence of something doing, needs to be sold.

I don't think even the current pile of crap Tory Government really expects any difference to be made by the plan. But those elections are coming, so best make it look good.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:12 - 13 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

Would you be unhappyif a sports presenter said this was wholly inppropriate to say if it was said by the Home Secretary?

I'm not the home secretary and she didn't say it but if she knew Val she probably would.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:32 - 13 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

Polarbear wrote:

I'm not the home secretary and she didn't say it but if she knew Val she probably would.

Polatrbear is Suella Braverman and I want my 5 euros!

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:04 - 13 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

And your point? Why should I care about these 50 million people over my own family?[/quote]

You’re not a sociopath wishing to create division or profit from conflict.
You’re not developing munitions to explode families in new and interesting ways, no you want good food and a decent place to live and with the people you like/love.
That’s all we need. That’s what 50million people haven’t got. 50 million people like me and you.

With it being a worldwide problem I suspect these issues effect us all to a degree.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:53 - 13 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
You’re not a sociopath wishing to create division or profit from conflict.

If I care more about my granddaughter's welfare over some random bod I've never met (and never will) I'm a sociopath Thinking
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 16 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1