PostPosted: 10:45 - 29 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
I switched.

We'd heard rumours.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:59 - 29 Mar 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete. wrote:
She says they can't do that because the incorrect purchase date invalidates the policy and she has to cancel it, so I can either pay the extra £130-ish or cancel the upcoming insurance it's my choice. I argue that it makes absolutely no material difference and the insurer's liability is completely unaffected by when I bought that bike as it's completely identical to the one I've been riding since 2015 (which they have been insuring) except for the reg number.

Forget about arguing the toss over whether you should get the 'long ownership discount' or whatever bullshit that is - it's their perogative to do that if they see fit. You haven't got a leg to stand on there. There's certainly no doubt that we pay higher premiums for a newly acquired bike, cos algorithms (and it doesn't seem entirely unreasonable or them to claim that on average, people are more likely to bin a new, unfamiliar vehicle than one they've owned for ages, does it?).

But. If you were asked and did provide the correct purchase date and they recorded it incorrectly, and then produced an incorrect premium which you signed up to, then absolutely they need to stick to it, and you should be pressing them entirely on that basis alone. This is a case of the call handler trying to cover her own arse after fucking up. If as I assume, this was done over the phone, tell them to listen to the call log and that you want to hear it yourself if it genuinely supports their position. If still no joy, tell them you'll take it to the ombudsman, and then do exactly that.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:08 - 29 Mar 2023    Post subject: Re: insurance Reply with quote

wristjob wrote:
just got my quote for renewal from mce/
i thought i was getting ripped off paying £160 pa for a garaged 5000 mile a year bike with no convictions.
this years quote is over double that.
its aworld gone mad!

I just got my renewal quote on my 125cc and it's £137.43 fully comp. That's almost £200.00 down on the previous year for me as a previous accident drops off the record.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 28 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2