so fess up...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:19 - 06 May 2023    Post subject: so fess up... Reply with quote

who watched the coronation?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DaddyStu
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 01:47 - 07 May 2023    Post subject: Re: so fess up... Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
who watched the coronation?

Prince Harry did.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:36 - 07 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.imgur.com/bK9TVYj.jpg

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:51 - 07 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never saw it.
I'm patiently waiting for the Deep Fake clips about it to come out though.

I hope that helps.

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:18 - 07 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, I was working. By the time I got home and showered it was all over. But I would have avoided it like the plague even if I was not working.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:55 - 07 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a wank over Kate. Thumbs Up

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:26 - 07 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

That doesn't make you an anti-royal. Thumbs Up

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:47 - 07 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a few minutes with my morning constitutional coffee. My thoughts were - how will all these old duffers be able to sit for hours without a constant procession to the toilet? Also, how come Katy Perry made it but the daughter-in-law had to stay at home to look after the kids? Plus, what was Dave Allen doing conducting the choir?

Other than that it looked like a couple of thousand entitled individuals listening to an old bloke bang on about God. A bit silly really Neutral

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 10:07 - 07 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's yet another fucking bank holiday. Boils my piss.

A bank holiday is a days annual leave I don't get to chose when I take. If I'm off for it, every other fucker is off too so I can't do any of the things I like doing. There is still just as much work to do in the week so the days before and after it are extra busy.

I have said to my work that they can feel free to put me working for bank holidays. I've also suggested we as a business don't bother taking them and if you want the day off, you take it as holiday. The trouble is the reception staff aren't up for that. They seem to think it would be stealing a day off and no amount of explaining bank holidays are counted as one of their statuatory holidays will convince them.

No I didn't watch it. Also had to drive about with the radio off to avoid listening to it.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:16 - 07 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
It's yet another fucking bank holiday. Boils my piss.

A bank holiday is a days annual leave I don't get to chose when I take. If I'm off for it, every other fucker is off too so I can't do any of the things I like doing. There is still just as much work to do in the week so the days before and after it are extra busy.

I have said to my work that they can feel free to put me working for bank holidays. I've also suggested we as a business don't bother taking them and if you want the day off, you take it as holiday. The trouble is the reception staff aren't up for that. They seem to think it would be stealing a day off and no amount of explaining bank holidays are counted as one of their statuatory holidays will convince them.

No I didn't watch it. Also had to drive about with the radio off to avoid listening to it.

I remember the office wallies would criticise the great unwashed hourly paid for going out on strike for more pay.
If they were so opinionated about trade union support, then why did they enjoy 'across the board' salary and working conditions the great unwashed lost days of their pay for the common good? Bastirts.

I get loads of time off due to oil patch rotation. Roads are normally deserted when we hit the highways. And less polis around too.
Shove their bank hols.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 10:19 - 07 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sort of watched it, simply because it's a historical event. Not a royalist at all. To be honest it ws quite tedious and the only bit where it looked like it was going to be interesting was when they put the screens round him.

I thought they were going to make him disapear or levitate or something.

I fully agree about the extra bank holiday. On top of the weekends, the 31.5 days annual leave, the 8 normal public holidays and teh day that Charlie gives me off for his birthday I've now got another paid day off that I have to find something to do to fill it.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 10:24 - 07 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had it on in the background when I was playing video games. I felt like I should have seen it for the history of it. It did make me feel a little more chest swellingly patriotic than I would otherwise, but just a fraction. I think the Queen's funeral Royaled me out, but at least this was a positive thing rather than a sad thing.

I'm not too fussed by these things generally, but I think we probably should keep the Royal family just because it does set us apart from the myriad of dull republics around the world. Tourism is a big industry and 'soft power' as much as I hate the phrase, is also a thing.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:45 - 07 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://youtube.com/shorts/Ksz8uYcHPZM?feature=share

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 11:11 - 07 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

I fully agree about the extra bank holiday. On top of the weekends, the 31.5 days annual leave, the 8 normal public holidays and teh day that Charlie gives me off for his birthday I've now got another paid day off that I have to find something to do to fill it.

Wouldn't you rather work bank holidays and have 40.5 days of paid leave to take when you want?

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 11:16 - 07 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

I remember the office wallies would criticise the great unwashed hourly paid for going out on strike for more pay.
If they were so opinionated about trade union support, then why did they enjoy 'across the board' salary and working conditions the great unwashed lost days of their pay for the common good? Bastirts.

You have to admire how the government are managing strikes though. Once there have been 24 strike days, they give a 10% pay rise. At a net wage cost of nothing.

The rail workers lost more pay through being on strike than they were campaigning for as a rise.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 11:23 - 07 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, because the kids are usually home on bank holiday as no school, college, uni etc.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 11:30 - 07 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

You have to admire how the government are managing strikes though. Once there have been 24 strike days, they give a 10% pay rise. At a net wage cost of nothing.

The rail workers lost more pay through being on strike than they were campaigning for as a rise.

That's very short term thinking. You have to take into account the increased cost for each future year as well.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:38 - 07 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the advantages of working from home is getting work done ahead of time so I can bunk off in the week. Had a very productive day while Chaz was getting blinged up.

Obviously I had it on in the background just in case there was an assassination attempt Smile

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:10 - 07 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Wouldn't you rather work bank holidays and have 40.5 days of paid leave to take when you want?

Absolutely - BHs date back to the days when they were pretty much the only holidays that the great unwashed ever got. In these days, eg when Sunday working/trading is also the norm, and days off can be at any time, it would be far better if people were able to choose when they can take their holiday. They are such an incredibly archaic institution.

Bit like the monarchy, really.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 12:22 - 07 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

That's very short term thinking. You have to take into account the increased cost for each future year as well.

With ~ 10% inflation there was going to be payrises at some point. Why not get the militants to feel like they've won when it's something they'd probably have had without all the disruptive strikes anyway? It's an election next year, of course the government were going to do an enormous national giveaway anyway, that always happens in election years.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:26 - 07 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Have to say I thought Mordaunt was looking pretty hot actually, doing her Excalibur routine

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:49 - 07 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

Have to say I thought Mordaunt was looking pretty hot actually, doing her Excalibur routine

even big Charlie was giving her a wee peek:

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/4fcbbd5012699cbc5eade1a8d6f398f30cd7adac/905_403_3094_1857/master/3094.jpg?width=700&quality=45&dpr=2&s=none

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:08 - 07 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a challenging wank but yes.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:15 - 07 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:

We had a Narcissistic Nazi for an HR mgr. The working part of an a-whole.
Wage negotiations.
If we give you a pay increase this year its not cast in stone.

Rolling Eyes

If you want any more than that, then you'll have to stand outside the gates.

Paaaahrick!

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:22 - 07 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depressed me. It was an emphatic rubber stamping of the establishment being Boss. The most interesting bit was when he was anointed with holy oil as blessed by God to rule over us. I thought the way that part was done out of sight was very symbolic. Real power being hidden etc. Scary s#1t.
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2