Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:56 - 24 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
where do you shoot them?
i only have a small back yard so have no reason to get a full power rifle. Sad

My shooting options have significantly decreased over the years.
I used to have a clay pigeon/ 100 yard air rifle range within a few miles of my house but sadly we were seen as the poor relation, not bringing in enough revenue to the premises so they shut it down. Personally I think that was a load of bollocks as I used to go 2 or 3 times a week and see at least 6 or 7 each visit shooting on the range with food, ammo etc bought from the on site shop.
A friend of mine used to have a decent local permission where we used to control the rabbit population but the land has been sold.
I can stretch to just under 30 yards in my back garden but its not a challenge really.
If I were to make the effort I could probably find somewhere but I can't be arsed at the moment.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:50 - 26 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

i find it bloody annoying not being able to shoot in local woods any more.
ive no desire to join a range even if there was one local to me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:35 - 26 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The valve I made was putting a .25 pellet out at 950fps. Very Happy

tatters
Exxon Valdez

PostPosted: 16:54 - 26 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hetzer wrote:

If that pellet weight is greater than 40 grains that would be about on par with a subsonic .22lr
Past:NRG50,AF1125(x2),NSR125RR,ZZR250,CX500,VFR400,KR1S,ZZR600(x2),CB400N,YZF1000(x2),KH125,Z200,FX400R,CBR954RR(x2)GPZ500S,GT550,VFR750F(x2),RD350N,XR650R,CBR600F,CB250,KDX250,YZF750R,CRM250,400EXC,KLR650,TTR600RE,DR350S,R100GSPD,RGV250,VMAX1200,DL650 Present:G650XC,C12,KZ750,1190ADV

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:13 - 26 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

tatters wrote:
Hetzer wrote:

If that pellet weight is greater than 40 grains that would be about on par with a subsonic .22lr

At the time I recall it was in that ballpark. It made a nice bang without the silencer.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:38 - 27 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hetzer wrote:

Which rifle was it in and what distance were you shooting?

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 20:11 - 27 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

There comes a point in muzzle velocity where you have to start using bullets out of an air rifle rather than a pellet.

Classic diablo-shaped pellets are to a fair degree aerodynamically stabilised. As you approach transonic speeds, they start doing weird things like spiralling and flipping round. Then you need the classic bullet shape for pure spin stabilisation from the rifling. Ideally skirted bullets so they get a good gas seal.

I keep meaning to get a spring and seal kit for my old .177 BSA supersport carbine.

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:51 - 30 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
Hetzer wrote:

Which rifle was it in and what distance were you shooting?

I think it was called an 'Air Force' something or other.

Max effective range was around 100 yards for consistent accuracy, though it went a hell of a lot further.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 08:02 - 30 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is worth reminding people that the police read this forum on occasion...

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:09 - 30 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

This is just stuff people may or may not have done in the past. All the aforementioned items have since been destroyed Wink

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:59 - 30 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

The Grammar Stazi.

The Correction Special Branch.

The My Bike is Bigger/BettertMore of a Wreck than your bike Border Control.

And Ste.
dave001 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:34 - 30 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave001 wrote:
there are something dumb fucks here, that think there clever

Thinking

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 11:42 - 30 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing scrabble must be a chore.
dave001 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

tatters
Exxon Valdez

PostPosted: 02:36 - 31 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

Good and l hope they waste many hours of there time. Seeing as some of use no longer live in or/are UK citizens.

I quite enjoy the freedom shoot projectiles any manner and or velocity l wish.
Past:NRG50,AF1125(x2),NSR125RR,ZZR250,CX500,VFR400,KR1S,ZZR600(x2),CB400N,YZF1000(x2),KH125,Z200,FX400R,CBR954RR(x2)GPZ500S,GT550,VFR750F(x2),RD350N,XR650R,CBR600F,CB250,KDX250,YZF750R,CRM250,400EXC,KLR650,TTR600RE,DR350S,R100GSPD,RGV250,VMAX1200,DL650 Present:G650XC,C12,KZ750,1190ADV

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 21:26 - 31 May 2023    Post subject: Re: Air Rifles Reply with quote

Wrongfully taking peoples guns way without even handing out compensation should and could still be something the scottish government and the toadies in the sspca get taken to court over. I thought the person doing the petitions at the start of these laws being rolled out was going down that route but it seems they didn't.

The muppet that pushed for licensing and tooling up the police has scuttled away from the snp and is a deputy in that abla party last I heard.

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:

I've previously owned (got rid of it when Scotland made it illegal to own an air rifle without a Firearms Certificate) a Gunpower Stealth which is a pre-charged pneumatic in .22 and it definitely makes noise when you shoot it (and that's with the suppressor on).

I didn't like the look of having a pressurised canister right next to your neck if it's the same type of rifle I'm thinking of.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:33 - 31 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peaceful enjoyment of your possessions is one of the human rights that is qualified by the need to protect the public.

Are you really suggesting that criminals should be compensated when their guns get seized?

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 21:40 - 31 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Peaceful enjoyment of your possessions is one of the human rights that is qualified by the need to protect the public.

Are you really suggesting that criminals should be compensated when their guns get seized?

It is a balance of rights and why are you mentioning criminals instead of members of the public denied the rightful use of their property?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:44 - 31 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made illegal. Which is wholly within the rights of government provided a need for the greater good can be shown.

If not surrendered the owner is doing it illegally.

I suggest you read up on the human rights act and which clauses are absolute and which clauses are qualified.

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 22:04 - 31 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Made illegal. Which is wholly within the rights of government provided a need for the greater good can be shown.

Which they didn't. Then there is pre and post ban ownership and what happens if it is found the government were in the wrong if the scots actually had their human right to a fair and open hearing.

As for human rights in general we see how they are misapplied all the time.

p.s and if you're going to drop your little red gems on posts at least do it for a half decent reason instead of supporting pricks in parliament stealing peoples stuff away.

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 22:15 - 31 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back on topic I found this belt fed airgun which looks like fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ksIFQSh2n0

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 22:47 - 31 May 2023    Post subject: Re: Air Rifles Reply with quote

Jmoan wrote:

I didn't like the look of having a pressurised canister right next to your neck if it's the same type of rifle I'm thinking of.

Scuba divers strap more highly pressurised cannisters to their back.

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:42 - 01 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

Ah. Maybe we should report burglaries and bike-thefts here then.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 07:42 - 01 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hetzer wrote:

Ah. Maybe we should report burglaries and bike-thefts here then.

But as you well know, the police only deal with important things.

So they can manage to find six coppers and a tazer when a dotty 90 year old woman is throwing her dinner around.

You may remember -quite a while back now- that they managed to find enough resources to get a search warrant, kick in a forum members door and sieze all his bike and computer equipment after he filmed himself wheelying up the Cat and Fiddle and posted it online
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3