BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Air Rifles

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

that_impulse_guy
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 07:44 - 01 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two pcp's and springer...only recently got back into the hobby after pcp's became a thing and I was interested.

very clinical, almost boringly accurate. I feel it takes a bit of the fun away..can I put 5 pellets through this bell target? yes...everytime. Oh great, now wheres the challenge, where the fun when it actually happens that one time out of 50? which is why I bought a springer too. I have no bear in this fight, I love the technology and if I was ratting I'd stick a pard on the pcp and be golden. But for afternoon fun in the garden it feels like taking a guided missile to a food fight.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:08 - 02 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
You may remember -quite a while back now- that they managed to find enough resources to get a search warrant, kick in a forum members door and sieze all his bike and computer equipment after he filmed himself wheelying up the Cat and Fiddle and posted it online

Seriously? That's dogshit use of police resources going to all that effort over someone pulling a wheelie Mad
dave001 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 11:49 - 02 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:

Seriously? That's dogshit use of police resources going to all that effort over someone pulling a wheelie Mad

I think he was wheelying quite a lot mind you. But still.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:51 - 02 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Discretion is the better part of valour.
dave001 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:04 - 03 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

that_impulse_guy wrote:
I have two pcp's and springer...only recently got back into the hobby after pcp's became a thing and I was interested.

very clinical, almost boringly accurate. I feel it takes a bit of the fun away..can I put 5 pellets through this bell target? yes...everytime.

Nice. Is that standing, prone or bench rested?
Also, which PCPs and springer?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

that_impulse_guy
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 08:52 - 05 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant stand and shoot, no arm strength:-(

gamo gx40 .177 - "made by bsa barrels etc"..its very, very accurate.
not regulated mind you, but Lane do a regulator if needed

diana stormrider gen2 clone .177 - lightest and smallest little dinky thing, so tiny and pretty. not much shot count, but how many rats do you actually have? also, cheap.

and then a Diana post-war break barrel in .22 (forgot model number...has a safeth on rhs) - had one as a kid, now bought another, restoring it.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:15 - 05 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a little Gamo pistol I've had since I was in my teens and a .22 rifle with a scope that I don't know the make
of, my old man gave it to me with a shitload of ammo and a big bag of compressed air cylinders.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:11 - 08 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Hetzer wrote:

Ah. Maybe we should report burglaries and bike-thefts here then.

But as you well know, the police only deal with important things.

So they can manage to find six coppers and a tazer when a dotty 90 year old woman is throwing her dinner around.

You may remember -quite a while back now- that they managed to find enough resources to get a search warrant, kick in a forum members door and sieze all his bike and computer equipment after he filmed himself wheelying up the Cat and Fiddle and posted it online

I was very impressed with the manpower found for the golliwog raid myself. Brave chaps, all of them. Police Clapping

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:19 - 08 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Gamo Stalker Barricade with a fancy telescopic sight I got off recman a good few years ago for rat duties. It's OK, but nothing special and gets so little use I don't see the point of upgrading to anything fancy.

I actually prefer my crossbows. They are fun and the big ones are much more powerful. I do wonder how they have escaped legislation when they are such a lethal weapon in comparison to a standard air rifle.

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 16:21 - 22 Jun 2023    Post subject: Re: Air Rifles Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Jmoan wrote:

I didn't like the look of having a pressurised canister right next to your neck if it's the same type of rifle I'm thinking of.

Scuba divers strap more highly pressurised cannisters to their back.

It is less that they are pressurised bottles,ones made out of glass or carbon fibre are a little more dangerous,it's that your face is near where the screw in parts look like they could get damaged in fall or someone leaning the wrong way on it on the kind that look like hetzer's.

Bonus video of some guys snapping the valves off scuba tanks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-xmaPSZ6GM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu62940nMmc

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 18:18 - 22 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 65lb draw flatbow. it's a real nail-knocker. Has a tendancy to wreck arrows becaue of overpenetration. Heavier arrows is one good solution though. Carbon fibre ones zip right through a standard archery butt but the cheap and heavy fibreglass ones just knock it off the stand.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:14 - 22 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave001 wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
I have a Gamo Stalker Barricade with a fancy telescopic sight I got off recman a good few years ago for rat duties. It's OK, but nothing special and gets so little use I don't see the point of upgrading to anything fancy.

I actually prefer my crossbows. They are fun and the big ones are much more powerful. I do wonder how they have escaped legislation when they are such a lethal weapon in comparison to a standard air rifle.

that surprises me too. since some retard when after the queen with a small one but there so slow loading

there not much use for defense with loading time
good for hunting and fun but bow hunting is banned in the uk

iv got a 410fps compound. but it needs a hell of a back stop
a couple of horse mats work quite well

My small crossbow with 50 something draw has a lever cocking which with a bit of practice you cock and load in a couple of seconds. And of course you can get automatic crossbows but I would suspect, even if not illegal, the fuzz would find some archaic law to crucify you with if you were found in public with one.
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3