Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The electric bike welsh death riot thread.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:08 - 08 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

So when is the riot scheduled?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:13 - 08 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

As soon as the relative (probably parent) that bought it realises they are on the hook for aiding and abetting.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 23:19 - 08 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel some knee-jerk legislation making something that is already illegal, illegal but someone other than the criminals responsability coming on.

How dumb can we go with this? I reckon mandatory helmet wearing for under 18's at a minimum. Possibly some draconian, ill thought-out and impossible to enforce additional regs to the construction and use of E-bikes?

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:38 - 08 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apart from bringing bicycles into the realm of vehicle licensing there's not a lot can be done.

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:59 - 08 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Apart from bringing bicycles into the realm of vehicle licensing there's not a lot can be done.

Because that works so well with knobheads on scramblers brapping up and down the street.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:08 - 09 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it only me who thinks its amusingly ironic to see that the latest one stoved his head in on the front of an ambulance. Laughing

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 07:51 - 09 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

Oh, I'm sure there's some stuff that can be banned or interfered with to the disadvantage of normal, law abiding citizens. Ideally with unintended overspill to non e-bikes.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:06 - 09 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone who dies at a young age ever a bad person?

It seems they are all lovable chappys who kissed their grandmother goodnight and read stories to their little sister. At worst, a bit of a rascal. (maybe a euphenism for drug dealer?)

The latedst ambulance death - No-one had a bad word to say about Saul.

Welsh bike deaths - "[Kyrees] was lovely. If I needed milk he went to the shop for me, always asking if I needed anything. A lovely boy."

The Welsh car crash that killed 3 - "They were well known and loved by everyone. There are no words."

And it's always a 'tight knit community' Rolling Eyes as in - "Kelmscott is a large and tight-knit family and this loss will be felt for a long time to come. Hold those that you love close this evening. I know we will come together as a community and support one another through this." Puke

Ah well, I don't suppose it would go down well saying 'He was a c**t and the community sucks.'

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:27 - 09 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

It seems they are all lovable chappys who kissed their grandmother goodnight and read stories to their little sister. At worst, a bit of a rascal. (maybe a euphenism for drug dealer?)

The latedst ambulance death - No-one had a bad word to say about Saul.

Welsh bike deaths - "[Kyrees] was lovely. If I needed milk he went to the shop for me, always asking if I needed anything. A lovely boy."

The Welsh car crash that killed 3 - "They were well known and loved by everyone. There are no words."

And it's always a 'tight knit community' Rolling Eyes as in - "Kelmscott is a large and tight-knit family and this loss will be felt for a long time to come. Hold those that you love close this evening. I know we will come together as a community and support one another through this." Puke

Ah well, I don't suppose it would go down well saying 'He was a c**t and the community sucks.'

This rips my knitting too I guess. Mostly because there's no such thing as community anymore.

I hate all my neighbours and they all hate each other too Laughing

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:44 - 09 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

To be fair what 15 year old could resist if some idiot parent gave them a powered bike? Whether its today and Ebikes or it was some crazy two stroke trail bike in past generations?

I was wondering when an Electrochav whipped down my street this evening towards a conveniently positioned stretch of dual carriageway if we should have a sweepstake on which of us has the first casualty in our local area.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:51 - 09 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:

This rips my knitting too I guess. Mostly because there's no such thing as community anymore.

I hate all my neighbours and they all hate each other too Laughing

There is community in our society but its amongst the very rich. How do you think they managed to be so organised in the way they turn the country to their exclusive advantage.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:39 - 09 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's easy enough to get an illegal eScooter but where are the kids sourcing these over the top eBikes? They're not sold in the likes of Halfords.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 00:58 - 10 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2023/06/09/11/71950885-12177129-image-a-2_1686306704745.jpg

"Messages at the scene say 'rest in peace my bro', 'fly high', 'shining bright up there' and 'forever 15"

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2023/06/09/09/71928779-12177129-Floral_tributes_have_been_left_near_a_police_cordon_that_has_bee-a-29_1686300124140.jpg

"Floral tributes have been left near a police cordon by the scene of the crash"

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:09 - 10 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

"Messages at the scene say 'rest in peace my bro', 'fly high', 'shining bright up there' and 'forever 15"

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2023/06/09/09/71928779-12177129-Floral_tributes_have_been_left_near_a_police_cordon_that_has_bee-a-29_1686300124140.jpg

"Floral tributes have been left near a police cordon by the scene of the crash"

Floral tributes show punks two up on what I presume are illegal e bikes. Laughing

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:14 - 10 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

To be fair what 15 year old could resist if some idiot parent gave them a powered bike? Whether its today and Ebikes or it was some crazy two stroke trail bike in past generations?

When the idiots of my era fucked up, our parents didn't blame the police, the social servises, the whole wide world for their horrible little brats getting totalled.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 03:57 - 10 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
I know it's easy enough to get an illegal eScooter but where are the kids sourcing these over the top eBikes? They're not sold in the likes of Halfords.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/bikes/motorcycles/surron

https://sur-ron.co.uk/dealers/

Other over the top ebikes are also available but Sur-Ron are the ones to get.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 04:20 - 10 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those floral tributes look like flower baskets that the cooncil maintain. (Financed by the contributions of law-abiding town's folk who work hard.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 04:24 - 10 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

It's probably not illegal to import and sell them.

Like the rowan pipe zoster systems that are fitted to Chav/Bed mobiles to become the scourge of the high street.

I wish cars weren't built as safe as they are.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:58 - 10 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/bikes/motorcycles/surron

https://sur-ron.co.uk/dealers/

Other over the top ebikes are also available but Sur-Ron are the ones to get.

They aint cheap are they. Was this what they were riding or is it just a guess?

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:10 - 10 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get it... 7-8k comfortably buys a lot of different real bikes including actual legit moto cross bikes.
Is it because these things are presumably easy to ride twist and go efforts? I mean a using gearbox does sort
of require the ability to count to 6, is that the problem? Also it's ridiculous that now the roadman uniform
seems to have added a ski mask balaclava thing to the standard dole edition Adidas trackies and hoodie combo
and is obviously to hide the wearers identity as can be seen in the pic above, I'll bet all three there are wearing
them. Only nobody can say anything because mask wearing was normalised and has been enthusiastically
encouraged since 2020. This has been such a gift to the scrote community.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 09:58 - 10 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
They aint cheap are they. Was this what they were riding or is it just a guess?

According to various news articles, he was riding a £4,000 Sur-Ron.

These crashes all follow the same script where the rider is goading the police and spending too much time looking over their shoulder to see what the police are doing instead of looking where they're going.

How long until it happens again?

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:12 - 10 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Ste"]
Polarbear wrote:

how much weed did he have to sell to afford that?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:34 - 10 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
Ste wrote:

how much weed did he have to sell to afford that?

It was a pressie from his Aunt or something so how many hours did she spend on her back to afford that for him. Wink

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 15:00 - 10 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

These crashes all follow the same script where the rider is goading the police and spending too much time looking over their shoulder to see what the police are doing instead of looking where they're going.

How long until it happens again?

There it is! We need to immediatley legislate to make mirrors mandatory on all bicycles.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:21 - 10 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Millenials are concerned about their carbon footprint si electric over IC is better for the planet.
4k lectric v a 4k I25 is greener.
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6