Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The electric bike welsh death riot thread.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:27 - 26 May 2023    Post subject: The electric bike welsh death riot thread. Reply with quote

Anyone nearly killed any teenies on a leccy bike recently? Anyone know what actually happened at all Ely. Looks like a random fairly predictable teens on a bike in fatal self inflicted death by misadventure situation to me.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:03 - 26 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just wondering how many locals would be out on the street celebrating thier exemplary lives had the weather been shite.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:51 - 26 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was seemingly a bit of a random riot. I mentioned it to the wife... "Cardiff? Do I give a fuck?!" Shocked

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:19 - 26 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I have read the kids were 2 up on an illegal electric bike (not pedal assist) and crashed, Darwinning themselves.

The police were accused of chasing them which, from cctv footage, they certainly weren't, but the upstanding citizens Ely decided to have a riot and blame the cops for causing it.

It seems that people don't want the police to chase lawbreakers. Rolling Eyes
dave001 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:45 - 27 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't it normal for the police to not allow people to go and see the scene of two dead kids who're splatted against a bus?

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 17:50 - 27 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:06 - 27 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/23551599.bike-involved-ely-crash-birthday-present-young-victim/

Ah, a Sur Ron bike, nobody could have ever predicted that it would be used for getting into chases with the police. Rolling Eyes

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:46 - 27 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/23551599.bike-involved-ely-crash-birthday-present-young-victim/

"Following a community vigil for Kyrees Sullivan, 16, and Harvey Evans, 15, in Ely on Friday night, the younger boy’s aunt and grandmother said next month should have seen his 16th birthday."

some serious inbreeding going on there Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:58 - 27 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone else hear “Kyle Reese” (second in command of the human resistance)?

Wikipedia wrote:
The area is widely considered to be one of Cardiff's less desirable areas in terms of crime and standard of living. But the residents of Ely are keen to dispel this reputation, citing the fact it is a very large, close-knit community.

Must be on the up if they’re spending thousands on a 16th birthday present.

No other vehicle involved and the police some distance away, the rider must have just lost control at speed. Got to be someone else’s fault though.

Funny how these crime-ridden estates are always “close-knit communities.”

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:01 - 27 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I literally care more about my screenwash needing filling up.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:35 - 27 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a riot, get rewarded Rolling Eyes

“Representatives of the local community and public agencies, including Action in Caerau and Ely, the Welsh Government and Cardiff Council today met in Ely. “We have agreed to jointly sponsor a grassroots-led initiative to create a community plan for Ely, to respond to the long-term needs of residents. It will be focused on actions and outcomes for people in Ely.”

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:03 - 27 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The people of Ely need a community centre!"

Errr... they burnt down the last one.

"Build it bigger this time!!!"

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:00 - 28 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather than a community centre, why not give them a trailer-full of electric bikes? It would save them stealing other people's, plus would act a a cull....

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:18 - 28 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Have a riot, get rewarded Rolling Eyes

“Representatives of the local community and public agencies, including Action in Caerau and Ely, the Welsh Government and Cardiff Council today met in Ely. “We have agreed to jointly sponsor a grassroots-led initiative to create a community plan for Ely, to respond to the long-term needs of residents. It will be focused on actions and outcomes for people in Ely.”

Doesn't mean a long term plan can't mean expanding the community to include a more diverse range of residents. Laughing

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 10:04 - 28 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ten years ago it would have been a moped for your 16th birthday but at least you wouldn't have been allowed out on it until you'd done your CBT. Most parents wouldn't have let you either. Some more consequences to fucking about on one too, including losing your driving licence and having a registration on them so they can find out who you are withotu having to chase you down the high street.

But you can jump on an e-bike when you're 15 and fuck about because it's a bicycle and therefore everythings good.

Maybe e bikes need to be reclassified as mopeds? Or bring in something like the continental shitty <25mph moped classification.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:48 - 28 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

Maybe e bikes need to be reclassified as mopeds? Or bring in something like the continental shitty <25mph moped classification.

Why bother, non of the scumbags give a toss about legalities. Look at the private escooters polluting the roads.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:12 - 28 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

This is already the case. An "eBike" by UK law is limited to a 250W motor, 25kph. Anything over that is a motorcycle.

DaddyStu
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 12:14 - 28 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pass about 50 metres from here on my regular commute.

Police chased them and then seem to bold-face lie about it. 2 sets of video evidence clearly show a chase. The boys turned down a 'bollarded' street so the police couldnt follow. Still not clear on the exact moment of the crash though.

There is video on social media showing the aftermath... including a baton charge by a line of police. Questionably, this line included some absolutely tiny female coppers whose batons were bigger than them. Not exactly going to intimidate a crowd of chavs.

Parents of the dead kids were amongst those being pushed back. As a dad of a 15 yr old I can confirm i'd be pretty pissed if that were me.

Still - nice weather we're having.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 12:19 - 28 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a parent of a 15 year old, would you be so reckless with your childs lifethat you would buy them a bike that is illegal to use in public places?

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:31 - 28 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
As a parent of a 15 year old, would you be so reckless with your child's life that you would buy them a bike that is illegal to use in public places?

Speaking as a non parent of course. Possibly yes if I thought it might stop them going out and helping themselves
to someone else's e-bike or motorcycle and potentially getting done for theft as well. Let's not forget that in every
recent photo of these two scabby little oiks there's a spliff on display. Seems to me the parents have checked out
of worrying about such things. If my folks caught me with drugs at 15 I'd have been chained to my damn bed and
that's after the inevitable ruddy good beating with a leather strap.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 12:40 - 28 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Seems to me the parents have checked out of worrying about such things.

Yep, and then had a hissyfit when their failed parenting resulted in the death of their little darling.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 12:47 - 28 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:

This is already the case. An "eBike" by UK law is limited to a 250W motor, 25kph. Anything over that is a motorcycle.

But the shitty mopeds still have to be registered and I think you also need a licence which would bring in the possability of passing a CBT type course to be allowed to ride one.

They certainly have registration plates on in Holland and I met a group of young Dutch lads touring Scotland on them a few years back. It had apparently caused a great deal of head-scratching when they came in through customs as to if they were actually allowed to ride about in the UK on a motor vehicle at 14. They concluded that since they had a valid EU licence for that category of vehicle, it was legal.

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 13:14 - 28 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Speaking as a non parent of course. Possibly yes if I thought it might stop them going out and helping themselves

Or you could teach these theoretical children you don't have that stealing other peoples property is wrong and not reward them for being scrotes. Nice bit of left-wing theoretical parenting going in there. Thumbs Up

So, Auntie buys nephew several thousand pounds of E-bike known for being used by muggers so they can approach people in silence, sounds plausible to me, definitely not nicked then..... Nephew then rides it illegally with passenger, no safety equipment and dies, now he's with the angles.

Kid is a scrote and known to the Police. 30 arrests although no charges, could have him for death by dangerous driving I suppose now Wink . Auntie Hayley says he was a bit chopsy, a bit cheeky but lovable which the English translation tells us means he was a scrote.

People want to say it's the Polices fault for chasing them, they would expect the Police to chase them if it was their bike or their car so that's a non-starter. Usual hypocrisy. This wasn't an extra-judicial killing, this was generations of stupidity catching up to a child as they hit a solid object.

I say it was Auntie Hayleys fault. She gave her nephew an illegal bike and let him do what he wanted. If she had given him a loaded gun she couldn't have killed him much quicker.

Bottom line is, if your kids are scrotes and you enable them or at the very least do nothing to stop them then at some point they will get or hurt or will get deaded.

I hope Auntie did buy the Sur ron legally on finance and has a further 3-5 years paying for it to reflect on her actions that caused the death of her lovable nephew.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 13:17 - 28 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:

I hope Auntie did buy the Sur ron legally on finance and has a further 3-5 years paying for it to reflect on her actions that caused the death of her lovable nephew.

Clearly the legally required insurance won't be paying for it.
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6