Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The electric bike welsh death riot thread.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:53 - 29 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that and the new namby pamby university graduate coppers who are afraid of confrontation and getting stuck
in. When the criminals know full well the old bill are a bunch of fairies then frankly they will do as they please.
Especially since if by some miracle they do end up in front of the beak an X factor sob story about all their disadvantages
will probably get them a minimal punishment if any. Look at the state of this pair of diversity hired clowns...
I don't care if she was 'only' stealing penny sweets, if they were 'only' penny sweets then she didn't need them, did she?

https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/preview/mol/2023/05/28/1768646326993532663/636x382_MP4_1768646326993532663.mp4

I'll keep my thoughts about the gang of ooking Mizzys all around this pathetic attempt to arrest an overweight
barefoot woman to myself. I suspect most of you can guess my opinion on that, it involves several pairs of
handcuffs a quiet spot away from CCTV and several burly men armed with truncheons. The softly softly approach
isn't working, these people only respect violence so give them some.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:08 - 29 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
It's because it's easier to identify and nab people to get that quick conviction is they are mostly lawabiding and don't try and run away.

That can be definately put down to reducions in budget for policing and the judicial system in general.

Im amazed they managed to find so many coppers. We had to call the Rozzas at work a couple of months ago and the pair that turned up were the only ones covering the whole city. Two coppers for a city of 300,000 people.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:14 - 29 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:

I'll keep my thoughts about the gang of ooking Mizzys all around this pathetic attempt to arrest an overweight
barefoot woman to myself. I suspect most of you can guess my opinion on that, it involves several pairs of
handcuffs a quiet spot away from CCTV and several burly men armed with truncheons. The softly softly approach
isn't working, these people only respect violence so give them some.

She moved pretty quickly for being overweight. Anyway if you think the police dont engage in a bit of sport away from the cctv your wrong. I do wonder though if the same principle of "they only respect violence" applies to our overlords as well?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:20 - 29 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
The reason things are crap is because successive governments have been.

Fair enough but why have successive governments been crap? Where are they getting their ideas from?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 11:31 - 29 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were better before the Tories came into power and have got successively worse.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:12 - 29 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
They were better before the Tories came into power and have got successively worse.

So would that be as far back as 1681? The government from 1783? The split in 1846? Where did things go wrong?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 12:21 - 29 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Labour increased police numbers, reducedwaiting times in hospitals etc.

And then came austerity 13 years ago. This resulted in longer waiting lists, fewer police resources and few barristers practicing criminal law because their rates were cut.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:20 - 29 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Citations please.

Waiting times are just one way of quantifying how well the health service is doing so feel free to use some of the other measurements which show New Labour did good things to the NHS.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:20 - 29 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nearly Darwinated a bowlcut hero on one of those leccy bikes on my way home from work.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:32 - 30 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's definitely a lot more of them about. I'm starting to see very non-bicycle looking things, stuff like this:

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/QB4AAOSwQC1f2Niv/s-l500.jpg

In suburbia not just in the City.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:23 - 30 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Nearly Darwinated a bowlcut hero on one of those leccy bikes on my way home from work.

try harder next time!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:32 - 30 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
There's definitely a lot more of them about. I'm starting to see very non-bicycle looking things, stuff like this:

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/QB4AAOSwQC1f2Niv/s-l500.jpg

In suburbia not just in the City.

It's almost like a rerun of when mopeds had to have useless pedals. Now push bikes don't seem to need them either. They are a cosmetic accessory to keep the fuzz uninterested. Laughing

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:16 - 31 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

This road used to be a 50mph dual carriage way but it's been cut down to a 40mph single carriage way with bike lanes. Every morning I drive down that road I see guys on e-scooters zooming down the cycle lanes.

https://www.google.com/maps/@55.7994248,-4.1051514,3a,75y,309.31h,89.97t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sYtwnc92iDQ_ujaRKcNGOzw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?entry=ttu

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:49 - 31 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
It's almost like a rerun of when mopeds had to have useless pedals. Now push bikes don't seem to need them either. They are a cosmetic accessory to keep the fuzz uninterested. Laughing

There's the technique of "ghost pedalling." Yes, you're wringing everything out of the eThrottle and doing >40mph but you (pointlessly) do a bit of pedalling past a cop car just to make a show of things Smile

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 21:51 - 31 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Citations please.

Waiting times are just one way of quantifying how well the health service is doing so feel free to use some of the other measurements which show New Labour did good things to the NHS.

The snp in scotland and labour in wales were just as rubbish plus the whole PFI issue.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:53 - 31 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree PFI was a shit show. Labour shouldn't have adopted the idea from the Tories.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 22:56 - 31 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
I agree PFI was a shit show. Labour shouldn't have adopted the idea from the Tories.

The problem was the way Labour did it, turning a good idea into a half-baked shitshow ripe for greedy bastards to line their pockets with without having to deliver what they were supposed to. Leaving the taxpayer to pay for it twice, something they seem to excell at.

The early PFI schemes worked pretty well. They're effectively doing a similar thing now by sending NHS patients to private hospitals for procedures. The private hospitals get paid the same for each procedure as the NHS ones. Good value for money for the taxpayer, none of this going over budget and needing to be bailed out bullshit.

that_impulse_guy
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 07:53 - 01 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

theres a guy round here that has what looks like a vespa type thing, with pedals...battery powered. He has no license plate, instead there sits a sign that says "fully road legal". I sometime seem him going through the park (the one with "no cycling allowed" signs) lifting his friend on the back, no helmets.

Of course its all shit, but he's slow and cautious when he goes through the park, so a considerate criminal, and in some ways, not my fucking problem. As much as I know to be "fully road legal" it needs to be 250w and be powered by pedals with only assistance from the motor and this thing isnt,...I think let him be (sort of...)

and then sunday I see this scoot thing parked outside the b+q...its about 4 miles away and to get there you take the A13, a 40/50mph road. I didnt see him go there, or leave, just saw the same bike parked otuside.

"bicycle"

to get to this same b+q, on the 40mph section theres a fairly wide pedestrain walkway, and on an uphill section about 3 weeks ago a bloke on a monowheel doodah doing the stand and lean forward business overtook me while he was on the pedestrian walkway and i was doing bang on 40mph.

the cops have lost all control over the situation

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:30 - 01 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I nearly flattened a mono wheel thing as I came out of my turning in the car 2 days ago. As I pull out of my cul-de-sac
my view to the right is obscured by the house on the corners obnoxiously large hedge which covers half the pavement
so I've gotten into the habit of opening my driver window fully so that if there's a vehicle that I can't see I might hear
it instead. Of course I never heard him coming and honestly didn't expect a mobile circus act to come by at a good
20-30 mph I don't remember the "look out for silent unicycles" part of the highway code. He gave me a sheepish 'Sorry
mate' wave and I then followed him for a while. He was maintaining 25mph but what annoyed me was how he went
from pavement to road to pavement again and again making it hard to judge when to pass him. I don't think his toy
is capable of an emergency stop or a sudden swerve. Lucky for him my car is.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:20 - 01 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this page with death stats for "micro mobility devices" Rolling Eyes
https://www.pacts.org.uk/the-safety-of-private-e-scooters-in-the-uk-pacts-research/#:~:text=Since%202019%2C%20PACTS%20is%20aware,latest%20edition%2024%20April%202023).

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:13 - 01 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

What would make that info really interesting is comparing to cycling and motorcycling deaths. Bit hard to get a grasp on the eScooter overall rider count vs. those killed when the majority are unregistered/illegal Thinking

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:52 - 01 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stats seem to suggest a steady increase in flattenings. At some point surely there will be one dramatic enough to get the attention of government.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:22 - 08 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

And another one. Ran from the cops, went through bollards, an-hero'd into an ambulance.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:27 - 08 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
And another one. Ran from the cops, went through bollards, an-hero'd into an ambulance.

Where's this?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:30 - 08 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

Where's this?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65850704
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6