Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Patriot or raving nutjob

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:40 - 01 Jun 2023    Post subject: Patriot or raving nutjob Reply with quote

Views?

Especially from Easy-X....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-65779639

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:03 - 01 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

5G nutters... I dunno where the association with the jab came from but traditionally ppl used to bang on about migraines with a new mast being put up or their microwave meals only taking 2 mins to cook instead of the previous 3 Smile IIRC it all started with something like That's Life! doing a bit about powerlines going over people's houses and it's been variations on the same theme ever since.

These two in the news story seem to be ticking an awful lot of boxes. Is tinfoil hat weaving a competitive sport these days?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:21 - 01 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Is tinfoil hat weaving a competitive sport these days?

Don't ask us, it's your field of expertise.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:35 - 01 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Don't ask us, it's your field of expertise.

There might be a tendency if one were to believe one wacky thing to at least consider other off the wall topics. 5G stuff is already pretty extreme but conflating it with anything else just seems bizarre to me. Still, you could say it's sorta worked given all Western governments are mandating Chinese 5G shit needs ripping out and replacing.

Conversely once a state apologist always a state apologist... "What do we want? The status quo maintained! When do we want it? Forever!!!" Wink

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:38 - 01 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

State apologist? I assume you haven't watched the youtube video I posted yesterday.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:42 - 01 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go, will save you looking for it.

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=327387&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1294

For your info I was at the poll tax riot in London, the Criminal Justice law rally protesting the introduction of the 'repetative beats' law and many others over the years.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 20:53 - 01 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

For your info I was at the poll tax riot in London, the Criminal Justice law rally protesting the introduction of the 'repetative beats' law and many others over the years.

Beatnik!

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:58 - 01 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

Beatnik!

Beatniks don't work. I was working full time. Protesting was more of a part time thing.

I was dragged into the manager's office at the DWP after the fracas outside Waitrose in Bath.

Apparently all the senior managers had a bet on which person in the poor quality black and white picture on the front page of the Bath Chronicle was me and wanted me to confirm which one I was....

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:04 - 01 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Here you go, will save you looking for it.

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=327387&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1294

Wow, you really want people to see you in that video don't you. Virtue signalling much?

Ok, ok, you grew up a hippy anti-establishment hippie with a shit hair do and a 'it's somebody else's fault' attitude, desperate to take a wrecking ball to everyone else's life to show how right-on your beliefs were at the time, and dismissing any points of view contrary to the point of being actively disruptive to those that would oppose your position.

What do you think you support these days that's even remotely edgy? Take a good look at what you're about, and tell me how you're even remotely anti-establishment like you were back in the day?

You're just living in the cast-offs of the Tories dished out to appease the 'Gammons' you hate.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:06 - 01 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
State apologist? I assume you haven't watched the youtube video I posted yesterday.

By your own admission your job is about as Deep Administrative State as it gets Laughing I'm sure the tinge of sadness you feel reminiscing about your more rambunctious past is more than made up for by a fat government pension.

Fighting the Man Rolling Eyes You are the Man!

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:09 - 01 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBH I only found that video by chance yesterday and it tickled me.

I'm still just as anti-fucking bollocks as I was back then but I tend to do more local stuff like complaining about human shit being pumped into the river that my son goes kayaking in.

I did my time doing voluntary work with kids that were at risk at becoming crims, and in some cases already were.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:13 - 01 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

By your own admission your job is about as Deep Administrative State

Fucking funny. I'm just an accountant. Any accountant in the country could do my job and although I am vetted to a particular level I don't actually need to be for what I currently do.

There are actually no hidden agendas that I am personally aware of. I won't, however, talk about things thats are personally, commercially or diplomatically sensitive, exactly the same as any professional in any industry.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:28 - 01 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
There are actually no hidden agendas that I am personally aware of.

Of course not, it's an institutional agenda Wink

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:29 - 01 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your tin foil hat is showing again.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:41 - 01 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Your tin foil hat is showing again.

Are only certain ppl allowed to deploy the "institutional [current thing]" line?

Seriously though "Any accountant in the country could do my job..." don't sell yourself short! Your employers obviously liked the cut of your jib.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:45 - 01 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually no they don't. Airman are incredibly entitled and really don't like being told they can't have first class rail or air travel.

Protecting the public purse for 15 years now.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:36 - 01 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, if they really didn't like you it'd be "can we promote this guy so he doesn't bother us any more" keep up the good work Thumbs Up
dave001 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 07:56 - 02 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought 5G needed fewer masts because it has a wider effective range?

Nobody is making you use 5G. I personally don't use wireless internet of any sort just now but I think if they did do 5G coverage in my area, I'd be very tempted to sack off the hardline at the house.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 09:33 - 02 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

6G is on the way so the 5G conspiracy theories will soon be out of date. Mr. Green

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:00 - 02 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
6G is on the way so the 5G conspiracy theories will soon be out of date.

Coincidently, a major player in the 5G mast industry is a Company called '6G'.
dave001 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:34 - 02 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
6G is on the way so the 5G conspiracy theories will soon be out of date. Mr. Green

6G will be some mind altering shit. "Yeah, man, I've been having some funny thoughts since the mast went up... like getting a job and paying taxes and stuff... and fuck, man, are you ever gonna pass that spliff back?!" Laughing

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 11:35 - 02 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are walking round with a phone turned on inyour pocket providers can already tell where you are within about a mile or so and a lot more accurate in densely populated areas simply because of the cell your phone is talking to at any given time. Make it two or three cells and you can get the actual location pinpointed I don't see what fucking difference 5g would make to that.

Last edited by Nobby the Bastard on 11:38 - 02 Jun 2023; edited 1 time in total

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:37 - 02 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason why we have so many 18-20m high 5G masts is because they relay signals to one another to create a grid. The taller they are, the fewer obstructions like buildings and hills. This is why we see so many in built-up areas and why the Government place as few legal obstacles as possible to their siting.

As an example, they generally don't need planning permission. Instead the operator and the Local Authority has to undertake a 'lip-service' public consultation exercise before they put them up. The operator has to comply with a Code of Practice, but provided they do this and supply the Council with a Certificate of Compliance, the potential public health implications can't be taken into account when determining where they are located. This means you could end up with one outside your house and there isn't a thing you could do about it unless you own the land...
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2