Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Demographic Collapse

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:39 - 04 Jun 2023    Post subject: Demographic Collapse Reply with quote

So there's this fella, Steven Shaw, who's been doing the rounds. Apparently his background is something like "hey, we're Volkswagen! Here's a shed-load of money to tell us what the kids will be buying in the next decade." long term business forecasting type stuff. Incidental to his work he noticed the population stats for the likes of Germany and Japan... tl;dr not good Sad

AFAIK the numbers he's jabbing a finger at are not in dispute. Germany, Italy and Japan dipped below the 2.0 kids replacement number in the '70s and every other Western country is following the trend. Worse: every other country on the entire planet is trending in the same direction, even in Africa. Everyone... everywhere... just maybe not all at once.

A few questions arise: why is this not important? As in why is MSM pointedly ignoring the topic. You could take the alternative view that the numbers are all total bollocks but then the MSM do have a penchant for debunking "misinformation" Thinking

Why is discussing the topic deemed problematic? According to certain Cambridge students (where Mr. Shaw was to do a talk) such a topic is Transphobic?! Errrr..... anyway he got "cancelled" and had to talk to students covertly? Ummm, I dunno this Shaw fella but that seems a bit of a stretch. He does have a docu-film and future book to punt after all.

Finally, and this is not discussed in the typical promo interviews he's been doing, what does demographic collapse even look like? Nothing dramatic like Nuclear Holocaust or meteor strike, does the Human Race just fade out 'cos we just couldn't be bothered with it all?

If today you have a million OAPs but only 100,000 kids (speaking in generational terms) what does that even mean? "Nothing good" seems obvious but...

Given technological advancements it's not completely mad to conceive in a generation or two we might manage effective immortality. It might be that your kids (or grandkids in my case) are at the same time some of of the last to be born and yet the perpetual custodians of this planet Shocked

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:30 - 04 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSM were all over it several years ago here in the US. Aging populations might be an issue but considering that, apparently, we're all slowly cookingand turning our planet into a trash dump do we really want to encourage gen Z to go out and breed - FFS, they're moaning about being burnt out in their 20's before they sprog up, imagine the whining in 10 years time when they decide to put their careers aside and breed...

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:34 - 04 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

We gave it a go but we weren't up to the task? Seems an ignominious end Sad

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 04:06 - 04 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link?

We've got a very limited time frame to discuss things before Nobby and Dave arrive and start throwing shit around.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:24 - 04 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont panic, there are plenty of boat invaders rushing in to fill the gap.
theyre all budding doctors and and engineers and will pay our pensions.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:53 - 04 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A few questions arise: why is this not important? As in why is MSM pointedly ignoring the topic.

They’re still wedded to the ‘we will consume the planet’ model of destruction. (There always has to be one.) On balance isn’t a decline in the human population helpful, albeit still problematic for the current global economy?

The topic reminds me of ‘Children of Men’ (2006). Good film.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 10:25 - 04 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breeding rates in this country will be suppressed by this sort of attitude.

Polarbear wrote:

If you have children, make sure you can pay for them. I really worry for the future.

Child benefit is and universal credit is already restricted to 2 children.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:19 - 04 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Link?

We've got a very limited time frame to discuss things before Nobby and Dave arrive and start throwing shit around.

The name is actually Stephen J. Shaw so you can just Google that. However, I think this is his twitter:

https://twitter.com/birthgap?lang=en

The guy seems like some anti-EU nut bag Sad I think it worth examining what are said to be indisputable numbers from alternative sources.

<edit>

Okay, so this looks grim:

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/total-fertility-rate

Note that while sub-Saharan countries currently have high birth rates a) this is trending downwards like everywhere else and b) life expectancy is very low vs. the rest of the world.

Last edited by Easy-X on 12:37 - 04 Jun 2023; edited 1 time in total

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:36 - 04 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Child benefit is and universal credit is already restricted to 2 children.

Per wife.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 13:06 - 04 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually the benefit system does take into account Muslim family and second, third and fourth wives are recognised as an adult dependant a.d all the children of all 4 wives are therefore in scope for the one benefit claim.

After some further checking there is no exemption for the 2 child limit for the household for polygamous marriges from juristictions that allow these and the benefit legislation states that these such marriages are considered a single household, only the first two children from a polygamous marriage will be paid for unless some other exemption is in play.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:20 - 04 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I marry wife 1, then tell the DSS we're no longer together because I said "I divorce you" three times. Rinse and
repeat to the maximum of 4 claims for four 'ex' wives, 4 council houses, 4 right to buy 3 year qualification periods
running concurrently and let's not forget about the limit free disability benefits available to pay for the results of
the rampant cousinfucking that we all know goes on but nobody wants to confront. This is paid separately from any
family allowance payments as I'm sure you know. Then there's the subsidised motability vehicles to ferry said
spazzy kids about and work as a minicab the rest of the time, free taxis to take them to school and hospital,
free aids and adaptations to houses which include sizeable ground floor extensions (obviously before the money
appears like magic after 3 years as a council tenant to buy the place once it's all been done up by the taxpayer.)
And grants for everything from school uniform to utility bills. There's more than one way to rinse a kuffar for gibs.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 14:55 - 04 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cannot marry and divorce under sharia rules only in the uk so that scenario is the finest bollocks available.

To be honest this is no different to what Boris has repeated done.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:49 - 04 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Ste wrote:
Link?

The name is actually Stephen J. Shaw so you can just Google that. However, I think this is his twitter:

Yes I know I can Google his name but from your post it's clear that you've watched videos and or read pages about him.

Why is the question of what have you been watching or reading deemed problematic?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:53 - 04 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
You cannot marry and divorce under sharia rules only in the uk

What does Sharia law have to do with anything?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 15:58 - 04 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
So I marry wife 1, then tell the DWP we're no longer together because I said "I divorce you" three times.

Thats sharia law.

Doesn't count if done in the UK under British law.

(I modernised it for you, Grr.)

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:27 - 04 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plenty of kids bred in Africa that are only a plane trip away, saves the NHS birthing them
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:39 - 04 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Why is the question of what have you been watching or reading deemed problematic?

He's all over the place but I believe I first saw him here:

https://youtu.be/Qrg8t34yXRs

Peterson is a problematic person but quite mainstream I would say.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:42 - 04 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Thats sharia law.

Doesn't count if done in the UK under British law.

I think you're confusing Sharia law with Shia.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 16:56 - 04 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

I think you're confusing Sharia law with Shia.

No I'm not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharia

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 17:14 - 04 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an economic problem. In every other way fewer people on earth is a good thing.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 04:44 - 11 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
You cannot marry and divorce under sharia rules only in the uk so that scenario is the finest bollocks available.

To be honest this is no different to what Boris has repeated done.

The Hamilton Accies don't care about our White Supremacist laws.
They may not need to marry according to western rules in the first place.
I don't think our laws prevent their paedophilia practices of pre-pubescent betrothal of female children to one of the family paedos.
So if not 'legally' married in the first place, then their 'cultural' practices can go on unabated.
So long as no one complains or authorities prevent.
Since children in 'western' culture are regularly abused by parents, guardians, relatives, friends of and etc. its not a giant leap to assume shariah and it barbaric practice goes on uninterrupted within those established communities.

It's also very difficult to prosecute a protected society.

Any complaints will be shouted down as racist.

While we tollerate this sort of racism, the white privileged, will be put down every time criticism of medieval practice is mentioned.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2020/nov/14/otegha-uwagba-ive-spent-my-entire-life-treading-around-white-peoples-feelings

This person has a column.
The sort or writing that prevents many from buying 'Outside Toilet Paper' like The Guardian.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:38 - 11 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
It's an economic problem. In every other way fewer people on earth is a good thing.

Yes, but this is the problem with the doom-mongers whether it's this demographic collapse thing or Just Stop Oil...

What will happen after?

No one ever seems to address the consequences. For example, is less people really a good thing? 90% of the World's population has appeared in the last century and a half but at the same time technological progress has been extreme. Less people = less progress. I would humbly suggest a realistic goal for the Human Race might be a post-scarcity society instead of this Climate Change mumbo-jumbo.

Anyhoo, less people is also generational. 100,000 kids versus 10 million crusties what do you do in the coming decades given we're running on a model of working population pays for the retired population? Carry on stealing people from other countries to fill in the gap?!

that_impulse_guy
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 20:18 - 11 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember being taught in geography in the late 80's that Germany was the only country with ZPG...zero population growth..so its not such a new thing.

so here's the thing...define a money system where borrowed money has to be paid back with interest...which magically appears out of thin air...an infinite money system based on GDP and all that bollocks.

then look around at your planet, a finite thing, with finite size and resources...and explain how these two are compatible.

"We" NEED population growth to sustain the infinite money system, otherwise decades of Bretton Woods theory goes pop. In every country, everywhere, it has been noted that birth rates decline in relation to the female education level. Teach people that they're not just there to make babies, and they'll stop making babies. And then the bankers and politicians shit themselves because without an ever expanding population the monetary system goes pop.

I havent mentioned immigration, because it is independent of the above which stands on its own merits. However, factually, its cheaper to import an adult than to grow one yourself. If this adult was taught to a good level elsewhere, its very cheap (compared).

If the adult is not educated, its still cheaper to train them that to start with a zero year baby. Just not by much...but if the natives arent fucking then whats your options.

that_impulse_guy
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 21:26 - 11 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPjzfGChGlE

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 22:02 - 11 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. How can we have both a housing shortage AND an under-population problem. It's not like the number of houses is going down.
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2