MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:03 - 18 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cuntspiracy dave. Very Happy

BRUN
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 14:51 - 19 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave001 wrote:
i cant see how you can fail mod 1, its piss easy if you can ride a bike.

As long as you remember to do the nodding dog bit, so they know your looking and don't miss seeing you do shoulder checks.

mod two can be a pain, if you don't know area, as they will try to catch you out if they have passed a lot that month.

i failed my first mod1, foot down, i passed mod2 first go with no minors, for me mod2 was easier than mod1

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:08 - 19 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

BRUN wrote:
i failed my first mod1, foot down, i passed mod2 first go with no minors, for me mod2 was easier than mod1

Exact same for myself too

DaddyStu
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 22:53 - 19 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:

Exact same for myself too

I've done near enough 2000 miles on my 125 so it'll probably be the same for me. Got Mod1 in 3 weeks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
dave001 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:39 - 20 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave001 wrote:
MCN wrote:

No its Fact. there is no actual quota as such, with examiners. But if one is passing more or failing more than others. a interest is took and there have em siting in on tests.

so many examiners unofficially, tend to avoid it and try and keep the numbers average and not stand out. Too avoid the ball ache

If don't believe and know one personal go and ask em.

Is it something that you are meant to take daily and don't or something you are meant to avoid?

If you are taking it, your GP might need to increase the dose.

Laughing

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 05:18 - 20 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave001 wrote:
MCN wrote:

No its Fact. there is no actual quota as such, with examiners. But if one is passing more or failing more than others. a interest is took and there have em siting in on tests.

so many examiners unofficially, tend to avoid it and try and keep the numbers average and not stand out. Too avoid the ball ache

If don't believe and know one personal go and ask em.

It's the other way around, If one is failing more than another, or their fail rates climb too much THEN they get investigated. I know all of them in our local test centre, both cars and bikes and have chatted with them all about it, especially when we did have one who was being unfair.

They are subjected to check tests sporadically regardless of pass/fail ratio too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Prawny
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 12:12 - 22 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a complete novice, to the extent that I’d never ridden a bike at all since I was small enough to have a go on a mates PW50 at primary school when I did my CBT in 2019. Rode a lot of push bikes and can drive though so no issues on the CBT.

Bought a scooter for commuting and didn’t touch a geared bike (or ride the scooter that much due to covid) for nearly 2 years. Started doing my big licence about 2 weeks before my CBT was due again, 2 mins on a 125 to check I could use the gears, then onto a 650, 5 days training and then MOD1 and 2 passed first time no real problems.

I bought an ER6 straight away but my lack of experience and general cautious nature meant I really wasn’t comfortable on the ER6 and was quite happy when it shat the bed.

People say to go straight for a 600 because you’ll outgrow anything smaller quickly, and that is true, but for me I wasn’t happy and have benefited from a step down in power for a while, obviously this will depend on your own personality and you might be fine on something much more powerful. I’m ready for a step up again now and am on the look out.

TLDR - you can easily pass your test from zero to A licence in 5 days. You might want to take it more steady than others if you’re a cautious type when it comes to choosing your first bike than either a dumb kid or someone who’s ridden crossers or geared 125s for a long time.
dave001 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 15:39 - 22 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Examiners failing bikers is one thing but the dodgy theory test is another.

DaddyStu
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 01:42 - 23 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was bit odd having to do the theory test again after 27 years driving a metal box around.

Just used the age-old method of keep doing mocks til you get nothing wrong approach.

With the hazard test - I gave a 2nd click immediately after my initial click just in case i'd clicked too early for the stupid software to understand.

Mod1 in a few weeks - driving around a yard with cones. That'll be fun Sad

Racked up 2000 fun-filled miles in-between though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 05:09 - 23 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave001 wrote:

it should not be used for people who already hold another license class.

It used to be like that early on. My friend Clive took his bike test without doing the theory because he already had a full license.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:11 - 23 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave001 wrote:

on figger

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=figging

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:51 - 24 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plenty have started from nothing and passed, the biggest thing is to just be sensible when you do pass
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Claret_john
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 17:53 - 24 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Completed my CBT today in Blackburn. Had a great day. Just my 4 days in a fortnight now.

Cheers for everybody's input so far.

chalkhills
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:37 - 24 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Claret_john wrote:
Completed my CBT today in Blackburn. Had a great day. Just my 4 days in a fortnight now.

Cheers for everybody's input so far.

Well done mate. Good luck with your MOD's 1&2 Thumbs Up

iatm8701
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 12:24 - 27 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave001 wrote:
Jmoan wrote:
Examiners failing bikers is one thing but the dodgy theory test is another.

its not doggy its designed for those that have never been on the road.
it should not be used for people who already hold another license class.

but as ushall they saw a cash cow with it

the problem is the timing. for experienced drivers see hazards early. and possible hazards that want intended in clip.

the trick is to do mutable clicks so as to fit em in the time zone expected

where as experienced drivers click to fast and it don't register the click for hazard

once you learn the trick its easy

You have hit the nail on the head there.
Having recently decided I will do my DAS I started to do the practice theory hazard perception and almost all the ones I outright failed on was spotting the hazard too early, it would be 1-5 click before the "5" so I ended up doing exactly what you said and doing 1-3 click after my original click just to cover myself.

Glad to see it wasn't just me that was having this issue and the solution is the same!

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:08 - 27 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here, saw hazard, counted to three in my head and then clicked. Worked for me, 90 something percent score.
It is absolutely designed for for a novice road user. I don't think you should have to do it more than the once. When
you've achieved ANY full licence for any group, it should be sufficient to excuse you having to do it again for any additional groups.

Claret_john
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 17:08 - 11 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all.

Glad to report I passed everything.

Did mod 1 yesterday in torrential rain with 1 minor and passed mod 2 today with 1 minor

Claret_john
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 17:08 - 11 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all.

Did mod 1 yesterday in torrential rain with 1 minor and passed mod 2 today with 1 minor

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:24 - 11 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Claret_john wrote:
Hi all.

Well done John!

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:13 - 11 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

now get out there and enjoy yourself Thumbs Up
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3