Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

whats happened to Chickenstrip?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:49 - 06 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete. wrote:
They called him back with the sad news that the guy had taken his own life some months previously. Apparently the neighbour saw them trying to gain access and went out there with the news.

And the police didn't have that info? Shocked

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:10 - 06 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Pete. wrote:
They called him back with the sad news that the guy had taken his own life some months previously. Apparently the neighbour saw them trying to gain access and went out there with the news.

And the police didn't have that info? Shocked

They attended at the time but I guess the second lot just went around without checking.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:26 - 06 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
How about a campaign to find out how Daft100 is doing.
He's not posted for a couple of days now.

https://www.bikechatforums.com/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=111268 The world's smallest violin player, just for you!

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 18:33 - 06 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
MCN wrote:
How about a campaign to find out how Daft100 is doing.
He's not posted for a couple of days now.

https://www.bikechatforums.com/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=111268 The world's smallest violin player, just for you!

I'm not sure, but I think there was a good chance that MCN was taking the piss....

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:57 - 06 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete. wrote:

They called him back with the sad news that the guy had taken his own life some months previously.

Male suicide is a tragically overlooked issue in our society. Truth is nobody gives a shit if a man is going through
it, but they lay the red carpet out for some dozy bint that wants bigger tits. I'm currently 5 months in and still waiting
for some/any kind of therapy since my initial contact with my GP to tell them I'm struggling. (via phone call of course
because you can't actually see a GP anymore since convid) That's 5 months I've been drinking myself to sleep not
that anybody could give a toss. The unfit for purpose NHS has so much blood on it's hands that it will never be held to
account for, especially since the bullshit wu-flu. Its fucking criminal how male health, mental and physical is ignored.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:14 - 06 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, waiting lists have consistantly increased since 2010, when the tories regained power from labour (abet with help from the Liberals).

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/cbp-7281/

You know exactly who to blame for the parlous state of the NHS don't you.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:08 - 06 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

You know exactly who to blame for the parlous state of the NHS don't you.

I knew you'd be blaming the Tories Rolling Eyes . Personally I blame the fucking unions doing their level best to make sure
their members don't actually do their damn jobs. Ever since Con-vid which Labour would have botched even more
than the Tories did btw, the NHS has been absolutely deliberate in their efforts to scupper the Government via the
unions with their obvious attempts at political point scoring The unions have blood on their hands too. We'll have
to agree to disagree on this one. Besides, I'm not brown enough to qualify for decent health care under Labour.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 21:26 - 06 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's gonna sound harsh, but if you can afford booze, you can afford private counselling. Most counsellors will charge a sliding scale based on what you can afford.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:01 - 06 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
It's gonna sound harsh, but if you can afford booze, you can afford private counselling. Most counsellors will charge a sliding scale based on what you can afford.

So I pay in via mandatory NI all my working life but when I need to make a withdrawal I can whistle and have
to pay again? Sounds fair. I'm living exclusively off of savings and have been for over a year, until I have an income
of ANY kind paying for counselling simply isn't an option, I have other more pressing bills to consider. I dont think it's
nearly as harsh as having to wait months and months for treatment I've frankly paid for 20+ times over during my
working life. Anyway this thread isn't about me, Nobby, the unions or the Tories I was simply making an observation
based on Pete's post.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:31 - 06 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually NI is for your contribution for your state pension. It also can provide to contributory JSA and Incapacity benefit (under the old rules, haven't bothered to find out about the ONEBENEFITFOREVERYONE rules)

The NHS has always been paid for out of normal taxation.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:37 - 06 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting fact...

The NHS was never part of the National insurance scheme.

The two letters at the start of the NI number signified the friendly society (pension scheme) that was absorbed into the State programme, and in latter years just signify the year of birth.

The letter at the end of your NI number used to signify which quarter of the year you were supposed to pay your contribution.

You have to remember that direct deduction of tax and NI by employer is a relatively recent thing.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:43 - 06 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw there'd been an update to this thread so I clicked "page 7" (currently, the latest). Heh... Yeah.

Chickenstrip doesn't seem to be the type. Maybe just buggered off on holiday for a bit, or is in a strop about a bike engine he has to rebuild.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:43 - 06 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

When did the NHS stop receiving funding from National Insurance contributions?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:59 - 06 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:

When did the NHS stop receiving funding from National Insurance contributions?

Arguably all government expenditure has been paid for by general taxation and NI conts. are treated as general taxation.

You also need to realise that the Bevan report(NHS) and the Beveridge report(social security) are two wholly unrelated things.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:53 - 07 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Actually NI is for your contribution for your state pension. It also can provide to contributory JSA and Incapacity benefit (under the old rules, haven't bothered to find out about the ONEBENEFITFOREVERYONE rules)

This seems to contradict that and states that National Insurance was raised to provide extra funds to the National Health Service:

https://nhsfunding.info/underfunded/will-the-hike-in-ni-fix-the-nhs-and-social-care/

The King's Fund states "the NHS is funded mainly from general taxation supplemented by National Insurance Contributions".

https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/projects/nhs-in-a-nutshell/how-nhs-funded#:~:text=The%20NHS%20is%20funded%20mainly,National%20Insurance%20contributions%20(NICs)

Determination by FullFact was that "the NHS in England is funded mostly through general taxation and National Insurance Contributions. A much smaller proportion is collected through patient charges, for things like precriptions and dentistry".

https://fullfact.org/health/how-nhs-funded/

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 14:40 - 07 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:

So I pay in via mandatory NI all my working life but when I need to make a withdrawal I can whistle and have
to pay again? Sounds fair. I'm living exclusively off of savings and have been for over a year, until I have an income
of ANY kind paying for counselling simply isn't an option, I have other more pressing bills to consider. I dont think it's
nearly as harsh as having to wait months and months for treatment I've frankly paid for 20+ times over during my
working life. Anyway this thread isn't about me, Nobby, the unions or the Tories I was simply making an observation
based on Pete's post.

Do you want to wait and get what you're owed from the NHS and maybe get 2-3 sessions of talking therapy over the phone? Or do you want to get better. The way to get better from your issues IMO is counselling, and private counselling you can start next week. A few sessions will really help.

If you really are this depressed, then getting yourself out of that depression will probably also help you to find a job and all the other issues you have.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:06 - 07 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:

I knew you'd be blaming the Tories Rolling Eyes . Personally I blame the fucking unions doing their level best to make sure
their members don't actually do their damn jobs. Ever since Con-vid which Labour would have botched even more
than the Tories did btw, the NHS has been absolutely deliberate in their efforts to scupper the Government via the
unions with their obvious attempts at political point scoring The unions have blood on their hands too. We'll have
to agree to disagree on this one. Besides, I'm not brown enough to qualify for decent health care under Labour.

Ever wondered where all those billions in taxpayers money that get spent on the NHS go? Ever seen all those shiny new hospital buildings full of all the latest supplies and equipment and all those new vehicles? Ever wondered which way the rich directors of all the contracting companies that build and supply all that stuff vote or which party they make donations too? Probably not as your too busy wanking over pictures of Dan Wooten on GB News, but here's a clue it will likely be a party with a wall street banker running it.

The NHS just like every other public service has become a massive contract mill to pump taxpayers' money into the pockets of a rich elite, it's as simple as that, from infrastructure to the NHS and anything in between. The result is nothing works because nothing is done because it's a good idea because the overarching philosophy behind fiscal and economic policy for nearly half a century has been ultra-capitalism, where profit is put before everything else including any consideration for quality. Think about that next time your bolloks get rammed up your arse when you hit a pothole. Think about that when you stand in a queue at the GP surgery which was only built a few years ago but already has a leaky roof and is half empty because there's no money to staff it fully.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:44 - 07 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Think about that next time your bolloks get rammed up your arse

Bold of you to assume some of us don't do that willingly Laughing

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:24 - 07 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:
I used to quite enjoy the postings from Sister Sledge - quite prolific for 2 years to 01/03/20 then abrupt stop.

Is that the same as the one who was a perfectly normal member, then disappeared, then turned up several years later with some other name, completely incoherent and everybody was trying really hard to fuck him off out of it, but then he finally managed to get across to us that he had had a bad accident and had been in hospital and/or had a stroke and was only by then learning to talk/think straight again, but we just about dissed him as a complete basket case? I can't even remember his name but I remember chatting to him for a while, he said he was coming to London cos he couldnt cope with living in the flat he was given by the social so he rented it out and apparently slept in some bushes in St James Park.

Or was that another poor sap suffering from mental-health-related/financial distress-induced digital inequality and being kicked in the bollocks by the BCF Superiority Crew?

Thinking

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:50 - 07 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what its worth, it might just be that Chickenstrip is too skint to pay for a mobile or for wifi access at the moment.
I hope he is alright.

virus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:02 - 07 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

Or was that another poor sap suffering from mental-health-related/financial distress-induced digital inequality and being kicked in the bollocks by the BCF Superiority Crew?

Thinking

I think theres quite a few of us in the 'fucked up mental health so i'll post less incase I say something that gets me shunned' crew nowadays.

Hopefully Mr Strip is just taking a bit of time off grid to level out and will be back to his regularly scheduled programming (or better) soon.
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:09 - 07 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

virus wrote:
I think theres quite a few of us in the 'fucked up mental health so i'll post less incase I say something that gets me shunned' crew nowadays.

I'd say we-the-mentally-deranged were in the majority actually.
Laughing

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:36 - 07 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

virus wrote:

im more of a ive had a drink so ill post less incase I say something that gets me shunned guy Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:40 - 07 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Ever wondered where all those billions in taxpayers money that get spent on the NHS go? Ever seen all those shiny new hospital buildings full of all the latest supplies and equipment and all those new vehicles? Ever wondered which way the rich directors of all the contracting companies that build and supply all that stuff vote or which party they make donations too? Probably not as your too busy wanking over pictures of Dan Wooten on GB News, but here's a clue it will likely be a party with a wall street banker running it.

As ever Monty Python called it:

Monty Python - The Machine that goes PING!

And after Yes, Minister:

How To Run A Hospital

This was all forewarned and yet here we are at the end of civilisation, beset by parasites Sad

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:54 - 07 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
im more of a ive had a drink so ill post less incase I say something that gets me shunned guy Laughing

I think I reached the "I'm so wankered I will say any shit and still won't care in the morning" tipping-point quite a few years ago now. Mr. Green
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9