BCF: Bike Chat Forums

A100 rides again..

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 10:14 - 13 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

He actually did it with that in mind. All three bulbs in the demonstration were halogen but there was still a marked difference between the generic and high end brands.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:40 - 13 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found one! I think..

P15D-3 fitting. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/175027443970?

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 13:27 - 13 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a numb bulb type. I wonder if it would be worth fitting an H4 sealed beam insert in your headlamp shell. Fucking on with pre-focus bulbs won't be helping the effectiveness of the headlamp either. Usually sold by diameter in inches, you get the reflector, lens and bulb holder (+ or - pilot light) for £15-20.

EDIT: I can also say with a great degree of confidence that that bare chip-on-board LED bulb on ebay you posted above will not give you a good beam pattern and will likely fail in fairly short order. No focus, no directionality, no damp protection and no heat sinking. You can get decent P15D LED bulbs but without the 3-lug base, it might be possible to press the base off an old one and swap them over. But I'g go for an H4 conversion if you can justify the cost.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:51 - 13 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are such things as LED sealed headlamps but fuck, they're expensive. The cheaper alternative would be the usual 5 3/4" and 7" cheap chinese units but they'd not match the aesthetic of the A100. (If one was switching to H4.)
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2