Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Book burning for the 21st Century

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:16 - 31 Jul 2023    Post subject: Book burning for the 21st Century Reply with quote

Afghanistan: Taliban burn ‘immoral’ musical instruments

This story makes me very sad.

I suppose you could argue on the same lines as "guns don't kill people, rappers do people kill people." I'd be slightly less aggrieved if they just locked them all up in a warehouse or exported/donated them to a non-Muslim country. But on the latter I expect the extremists would argue they shouldn't be corrupting even non-Muslim heathens.

Seriously though, do you feel corrupted?

What next on the chopping block, a ban on enjoying sunsets and rainbows?

DaddyStu
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 16:42 - 31 Jul 2023    Post subject: Re: Book burning for the 21st Century Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

What next on the chopping block, a ban on enjoying sunsets and rainbows?

Rainbows have already been corrupted and claimed for various variable variations of things.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 16:50 - 31 Jul 2023    Post subject: Re: Book burning for the 21st Century Reply with quote

DaddyStu wrote:

Rainbows have already been corrupted and claimed for various variable variations of things.

Yes, Christians appropriated it as part of the justification for their god wiping out most life on earth by drowning.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:39 - 31 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

if this is true and theyre not being burned for other reasons then the muzzies are way off the mark.
music was prominent in the old testament.
King David used to play a lyre for example.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DaddyStu
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 21:11 - 31 Jul 2023    Post subject: Re: Book burning for the 21st Century Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
DaddyStu wrote:

Yes, Christians appropriated it as part of the justification for their god wiping out most life on earth by drowning.

It's ok though - he promised not to do it again!

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:20 - 31 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the times your deity promises to not do something nasty as a threat that they could because they did is every reason why I think your deity is a fucking steaming pile of shit.

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:27 - 01 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mind you, when I've been forced to listen to some of the hideous cacaphonies coming from mostly car stereos at times, I do feel a smidge like those chaps in all day pyjamas.
That and the live music coming from the pub up the road.
I do wish they wouldn't share it with the rest of the community,
I can do my own piss poor renditions of Back in Black thankyou.

DaddyStu
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 23:05 - 02 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
All the times your deity promises to not do something nasty as a threat that they could because they did is every reason why I think your deity is a fucking steaming pile of shit.

Not only that but an omniscient deity sent a flood to wipe away his 'mistakes'... and this omnipotent deity 'rested' on a Sunday.

Maybe he didn't take Latin at Sunday school.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:50 - 03 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odin promised to wipe out the Frost Giants...

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 23:02 - 05 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The leprechauns aren't too happy with their rainbows being culturally appropriated either.

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Jesus loves you too but Noah was before his time so you will have to take that up with the frisby hat people.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:51 - 06 Aug 2023    Post subject: Re: Book burning for the 21st Century Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
DaddyStu wrote:

And now the alphabet soup people have stolen it. Quite appropriate really when most religions would probably like to send a flood to wipe them out. Laughing

Of course there was a time when being gay meant you were happy and care free and the only cultural appropriation of rainbows was by My Little Pony.

Ah, the simple joys of life, never to return.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/71uYFzlqEBL.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_ML2_.jpg

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:59 - 06 Aug 2023    Post subject: Re: Book burning for the 21st Century Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Quite appropriate really when most religions would probably like to send a flood to wipe them out. Laughing

I don't think most religions object to homosexuality per se but rather degeneracy in general. It's just that the overlap between the two is significant...

https://1fkfsbggydk8s.wpcdn.shift8cdn.com/GVS-US/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/pride-month-keep-your-kinks-at-home-and-away-from-kids-fellow-gays.jpg

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:01 - 06 Aug 2023    Post subject: Re: Book burning for the 21st Century Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Quite appropriate really when most religions would probably like to send a flood to wipe them out. Laughing

I don't think most religions object to homosexuality per se but rather degeneracy in general. It's just that the overlap between the two is significant...

https://1fkfsbggydk8s.wpcdn.shift8cdn.com/GVS-US/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/pride-month-keep-your-kinks-at-home-and-away-from-kids-fellow-gays.jpg

Your overdeveloped sense of prudishness is showing again.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:53 - 06 Aug 2023    Post subject: Re: Book burning for the 21st Century Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Your overdeveloped sense of prudishness is showing again.

Next year's Pride will be cancelled and replaced by Arrogance.

Seriously, Nobby, you're fine with people parading their kinks to children?!

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:01 - 06 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure that pride is aimed at gays and not children.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:09 - 06 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Pretty sure that pride is aimed at gays and not children.

are you really that naive?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:10 - 06 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Pretty sure that pride is amed at gays and not children.

Yet I'm sure if it was a float featuring a half naked woman being whipped the thought police would have been down on it like cling film on a sandwich.

Personally, and I certainly don't regard myself as prudish, think that is not the sort of thing to display in public. It's almost as if they want people to complain so they can start screaming homophobe or similar.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:18 - 06 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/grans-fifty-shades-grey-themed-6290620

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:22 - 06 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/RepulsiveFrightenedBoa-mobile.mp4

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:32 - 06 Aug 2023    Post subject: Re: Book burning for the 21st Century Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
prudishness is showing again.

You don't see anything questionable about BDSM exhibitionism with unconsenting people?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:34 - 06 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.insider.com/62a39ba4a464ed0019580e28?width=2000&format=jpeg&auto=webp&quality=90,90

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:04 - 06 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/grans-fifty-shades-grey-themed-6290620

FFS, a tongue in cheek humorous float done by OAP's is not quite in the same ballpark as the whipping one posted above.

The OAPs, with an average age of 85 and including one 90-year-old woman, decked out their minibus with handcuffs, kinky whips and lengths of rope

https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article6284836.ece/ALTERNATES/s1200d/Pay--grans.jpg

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:11 - 06 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fetish themed Pride floats, Drag Queen Story Hour, teaching infants school kids about blow jobs (more an American thing at the moment but it'll make its way here too I expect) easy access to pr0n on the Internet... all these things are being normalised.

Why?

In the past if someone was touching up kids eventually the victims (one would hope) might tell somebody. They would describe certain... mechanical aspects that a small child shouldn't be aware of. Now of course, in our infinite wisdom, kids know all sorts of things and at younger and younger ages. "Little Jimmy's making it up, it's something he's seen on the Internet." More plausible than ever Sad

We really have hit rock bottom when society is fine with paedophilia.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 07:59 - 07 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this thread escalated quickly.

Extremists of several religions seem to have a downer on music for some reason.

Like the wee-frees on the West coast of Scotland. Some of them only have spoken Psalms in their church services. Which I find amusing because they are literally songs directly out of the bible.

To some people it's not religion unless you are making yourself and others around you miserable.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:38 - 07 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
To some people it's not religion unless you are making yourself and others around you miserable.

It's a common theme, the Indian ascetics for example.

Good music can connect with people. I would say in the same way as the first time you looked into the night sky and took in the majesty of it all (I would hope we've all experienced that moment.)

And music can definitely move people. Imagine standing on the battlements of a French fort in the 16th Century and a contingent of troops are coming down the road led by bagpipers! You'd be checking the siege supplies with a renewed sense of urgency Smile

I suspect the Islamists view music as spiritual competition (along with entertainment in general.)
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2