Washing machine not spinning

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 23:39 - 07 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

You mean the one which isn't at the front near the bottom and absolutely doesn't have have a flap without a rotary cover behind it?

Well, it's been suggested several times and he seems adamant his doesn't have one.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 04:47 - 08 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:
Their wizard wheeze of not putting in an inspection cover to allow foreign bodies to be removed from the pump worked then.

You mean the one which isn't at the front near the bottom and absolutely doesn't have have a flap without a rotary cover behind it?

The machines without pump doors probably work on a filtration theory of:

If its not big enough to be stopped by the filter, then it's not going to cause any significant problem passing through.

The inner drum is a type of screen. It stops your soiled panties and stuff being sucked into oblivion.

Oil filters do not stop everything, they only need to stop stuff manufacturer believes can cause damage.

Nothing lasts for ever.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 06:48 - 08 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I can say for a certainty washing machine drums don't stop bobby pins. So where does the bobby pin go after it's through the drum on a machine with no removable filter?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:22 - 08 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Well, I can say for a certainty washing machine drums don't stop bobby pins. So where does the bobby pin go after it's through the drum on a machine with no removable filter?

According to Zanussi stuff gets trapped in a fold of the door seal:

Quote:
NEWER ZANUSSI WASHING MACHINES NO LONGER HAVE FILTERS ON THE FRONT OF THE MACHINE

There is no longer a filter that needs cleaning in the Zanussi washing machines.

This appliance is designed with a self-cleaning draining system, allowing light fluff fibres that fall off the clothes to be drained out with the water, so there is no need to access this area for regular maintenance and cleaning.

This is thanks to a specific door gasket that has been designed to catch all objects like coins, buttons, hairpins, etc. before they have a chance of getting out of the drum itself and finding their way to the drain area.

https://elxa2blbprd001.blob.core.windows.net/content/1212769/a909e272f9724650a620e3ac4de9eb2b.png

https://www.zanussi.co.uk/support/support-articles/laundry/washing-machines/how-do-i-access-the-filter-on-my-zanussi-washing-machine/

There was fuck all in that pocket when I looked which makes me wonder how effective it is.

Anyhoo, the new washer has a child lock - useful given my youngest granddaughter is 15 months old and running around touching everything - and really, really quiet. Small consolations but it's something. Oh, and there seems to be a little square panel in the bottom right Smile

blurredman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:11 - 09 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the situation on driers too? How does that affect people that don't have water drain access? Does the water collection depository just full of a soggy mess of cloth dust?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:52 - 09 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Driers usually have a lint trap inside the door. Hot, damp air exits through it and any clothes fibres get trapped.

Vented driers just vent out into the atmosphere so you'd run a big hose from the back to a specific airbrick or even just out the window. Condenser dryers attempt to trap the moisture and you have to empty them out from time to time. I say "attempt" 'cos in my experience they don't always do a great job.

Regardless of the type I'd always try and place a dryer in a garage or shed due to the amount of damp they generate where they're situated.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:16 - 09 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dryer is attached to the fence and is held up with a pole in the middle.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:23 - 09 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

thats no way to treat the mrs Nobby Mr. Green
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:38 - 09 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

A (DeLonghi) dehumidifier in the spare room does a surprisingly good job drying clothes and even towels. It takes about 6 hours but uses much less electricity than a thermal drier. It also produces about a Litre of deionised water.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 20:42 - 09 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Driers usually have a lint trap inside the door. Hot, damp air exits through it and any clothes fibres get trapped.

Vented driers just vent out into the atmosphere so you'd run a big hose from the back to a specific airbrick or even just out the window. Condenser dryers attempt to trap the moisture and you have to empty them out from time to time. I say "attempt" 'cos in my experience they don't always do a great job.

Regardless of the type I'd always try and place a dryer in a garage or shed due to the amount of damp they generate where they're situated.

Heat pump driers do what condensing driers claim to do, can be plumbed into the washer drain and do it with a fraction of the energy use.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:58 - 09 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

My machine is making a bit of a banging noise on spin. Hope it catches fire. Sad

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:34 - 10 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Heat pump driers do what condensing driers claim to do, can be plumbed into the washer drain and do it with a fraction of the energy use.

Dammit, I knew I missed one Rolling Eyes

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:37 - 10 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
My machine is making a bit of a banging noise on spin. Hope it catches fire. Sad

Are you washing and drying bricks again? Laughing

Might be the drum bearing worn out.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:55 - 10 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Awaits inevitable reference to Nobby's organic man pole..

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:04 - 10 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

Might be the drum bearing worn out.

Probably. Just another expense I could do without.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 11:27 - 10 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:

Awaits inevitable reference to Nobby's organic man pole..

Nah, thats for my tent.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:04 - 10 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Probably. Just another expense I could do without.

Washing machines are slightly harder to fix IMO down to the mix of electrics and plumbing but if you're talking about a dryer there's fuck all in them and very easy to fix. Even saying that there's a gazillion YouTube videos of people taking about washers and dryers so a little patience (and space) and you'd be fine. Parts are usually pretty cheap - the price of an engineer's all in the callout + labour.
AlexArcvarden This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:41 - 09 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/VsRot0p7ObY?si=tHgkWpjwp-6aunbw

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:21 - 09 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

A true X files incident which remains unexplained.
https://www.gazetteherald.co.uk/news/16685526.burning-clothes-fell-burning-washing-machine/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:53 - 11 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:

I would normally have expected some or all of the answers to 'come out in the wash'.
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2