BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The 'Yeah, right..' thread.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:15 - 12 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shit. I should have mentioned a different example than the CB250, but whatever.
And A100man: Middle Finger

Laughing

Anyway, look at this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/256176382824

Quote:
engine runs perfect its just had the shims and valves checked and put back to spec

OK my dude. Shims AND valves? What does that mean? What did you do to the valves? Did you file them down at the stem? If so, why? And why is it in pieces, with new oil bottles, new handlebar grips, etc.? There must have been a reason, so I will have to "yeah, right" on this one.

Quote:
not got time

Busy busy busy... All here and ready for you not-so-busy layabouts. Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:18 - 12 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other factor in "Yeah, right" is having loads of photos but somehow not really showing anything. Step back, my dude, show us it all in one shot pls.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:20 - 12 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:

And A100man: Middle Finger

Shocked How rude!

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600
    View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

blurredman
    World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:30 - 14 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm saving a lot of money on historic vehicles. Tax esspecially.
    View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
    Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:22 - 21 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/730091589129511/

Quote:
    KTM Duke 390 2018 registered as a 125
    Recently serviced, new back tire, new spark plug, new battery, new front wiring, new regulator.
    Both front and rear brake pads changed 8 months ago along with oil filter. Oil changed regularly every 1000miles
    Doesn't start first time, but good runner once going, may have issue with electrics.
    Contact for more information. Ovno No time waster or tyre kickers.

Fullers1845
    Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 13:12 - 21 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

Quote:

How does that even work?

Nobby the Bastard
    Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 13:27 - 21 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fullers1845 wrote:
    Easy-X wrote:

Quote:

How does that even work?

By lying to DVLA and you'll get a hell of a spanking by the courts if you got caught.

Easy-X
    Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:52 - 21 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are actually a few listings of "registered as a 125" on Farcebook Marketplace. I could sorta understand it if you'd cheekily rebarrelled a 125 as a 150 and not said anything but how does the insurance work when the bike never was a 125 to start with?!

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:25 - 21 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as the ‘will fly through a MOT’ crowd go, I simply suggest a price and agree I’ll pay that plus the cost of the MOT when they get it done.
    That’s generally sorts the Billy Bullshitters out.
    View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bhud
    World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:11 - 22 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Registered as a 125". I bet it is, as well. Overt fraud.

Kawasaki Jimbo
    World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:44 - 27 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nessie hunters hear sounds but fail to record them.
    Quote:
    Observers on a boat using acoustic equipment reported four unidentified "gloops" but then realised their recording device wasn't plugged in.

Laughing
    Yeah, right.
    View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

SirFallalot
    Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 13:58 - 01 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tbh I have considered putting my still in parts 81 CB750 for sale after I moved to a smaller house and shoved it in the garage corner between the other bikes.
    I do like to do my own service and whatnot, but get more enjoyment out of riding bikes than fixing them, that plus some other things is what I fill my free time with. Thinking
    I admit lacking the motivation to go through with the project by myself. Neutral

A100man
    World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:22 - 04 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regular 155 mph on the clock

Now won't start..

Low compression..

Suspect Piston Rings..

£1000

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/305116461326?

Yeah, right.

Easy-X
    Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:04 - 04 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

No ordinary miles, genuine miles Rolling Eyes

Bhud
    World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:23 - 05 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225758161676

This Ebay ad is for a CB550 in bits, with bidding to start at £500.

Quote:
    Relisted due to a time wasting jackass who didn't understand the concept of paying for an item that he had bid on.

Doing a garage clear out and there are too many projects that have been projects for too long.

Same old story that has been told a thousand times:
    Bought this as a cafe racer project with the hopes of rebuilding and restoring, but a lack of time, space and interest coupled with too many projects on means that it needs to go.

Looking at the parts all the major mechanical components seem present, but I am honestly not sure how complete it is.

All the parts in the photos are included in the sale, what you see is what you get. No more, no less. So please study the photos carefully.

It would make an ideal cafe build project or as a donor for another project.

The V5 is included with the sale.

Any questions please feel free to ask. Thanks for looking.

To start off, yes, I'm not sure as to the reason for the sale, and I do think it will sell (as someone will want the parts to resell individually).

However, this is the bit I reckon is bullshit:

Quote:
    Looking at the parts all the major mechanical components seem present, but I am honestly not sure how complete it is.

The parts are laid out in an orderly fashion. However, no kits (seals, gaskets) have been bought, and no replacement parts, either. If you were going to build a cafe racer, would you not buy these? Of course you would. No pistons or valves to be seen among the parts. Now, they might be there, but I suspect something is wrong. Call me cynical, but as he never even had a wiring loom, he doesn't know if the bike worked, and it didn't seem to matter to him. And as he says he "honestly" doesn't know if the mechanical parts are even all there, then I deduce that for SURE that it's incomplete. What if he bought a lump of junk and just pulled it apart to resell piece by piece, and lost patience with it and now wants rid as a job lot, but needs a high price for it, so he creates a plausibly deniable uncertainty in the ad by selling his parts as a potentially viable project just in time for the winter?

I don't know if there's anyone out there dumb enough to buy those bits from him to build a bike that will cost thousands in parts just to make it complete. But I suspect he's hoping there's someone out there like that.

Easy-X
    Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:56 - 05 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the pistons in the first and fifth photo, the gudgeon pins in the second. Granted, I can't see the valves. The parts cardboard box does look very well organised but the empty compartments are telling.

Overall I'd say someone started getting organised disassembling and cleaning parts but lost interest half-way through.

A100man
    World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:01 - 05 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are the twats I despise the most - note he also has an SV650 cafe fairing kit (unused obvs) for sale.

He ripped apart the motor to the last component part, why? it's a Honda four stroke FFS and likely will only ever need a top-end refresh, if that.

He then hacked off the rear of the frame.. oh well fucking done!

Then he spend hours with a hot glue gun making a stupid cardboard parts holder when he could have been doing some useful work like cleaning the carbs rebuilding the brakes or de-rusting the tank, but alas no..

Then finally, he stood back and said to himself

'Cripes, what have I done ?' Confused

Bhud
    World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:43 - 05 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. The CB550/4 is a fast appreciating classic bike, and it's highly regarded. Even if you've got a wrecked one, it makes sense to do absolutely nothing to it and sell it on just like that. The vintage bike lot don't seem to mind spending thousands on a bike, but they want to do so making it perfect and original, not just on making it a bike. One of the things I see on Facebook is a lot of people picking up a low value bike to learn "how to mechanic". But they don't seem to realise how obsolete this tech is, and how scarce the parts are getting. Carbs, drum brakes, etc. - no point for a youngster to learn about these things at this point. There are still a few old bikes which can be picked up for next to nothing but none of the 550s (any make) are Meccano sets. Those days are over.

Fullers1845
    Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 21:52 - 09 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3548371728742908/
    He knows how much it’s worth, admittedly they are fairly valuable. But maybe should have taken into account that someone rattle-canned it black, broke it, left it to rot and ‘lost’ the V5 somewhere down the line.

A100man
    World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:09 - 09 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fullers1845 wrote:
    He knows how much it’s worth, admittedly they are fairly valuable. But maybe should have taken into account that someone rattle-canned it black, broke it, left it to rot and ‘lost’ the V5 somewhere down the line.

A slabby?

Even so that's not been outside for just six months, more like bottom of a pond for six years.

£2500 - yeah, right. Rolling Eyes

Skudd
    Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:30 - 09 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just plug and play, Yeh right, first download ABCDE and then stand on your head and install XYZ, but only if you are in region F.

virus
    World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:35 - 10 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fullers1845 wrote:

With no V5 and absolutley no chance of hearing it run thats a lot closer to 250 than 2.5k. The guy cant even be arsed to say what CC it is.
    owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
    stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance.

slowasyoulike
    Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 16:45 - 27 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
    Joblot of mopeds there's 6 altogether

Quote:
    won't take much to get going

https://i.imgur.com/oy1PDiX.png

https://i.imgur.com/m7yHkOO.png

https://i.imgur.com/qSwi5Rl.png

Fucking state of it Laughing Who dismantles machinery like that? £350 my arse. I suppose it might be worth more if the fence and the BBQ are included.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/joblot-mopeds-and-moped-parts-some-old-suzuki-gsxr750-parts-/364594328542

stevo123
    Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 20:15 - 05 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imagine living next door to this scruffy bastard and all this shit in his front garden.

Fullers1845
    Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 16:37 - 08 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might as well leave the metal stuff out the front for the local ding a ling man to collect.
    The smashed up plastic shite to the tip.
    This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
    Page 2 of 3