BCF: Bike Chat Forums

T-shirt

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

Madrus666
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 20:33 - 14 Aug 2023    Post subject: T-shirt Reply with quote

Hi, just a quick question. Will I get in to trouble by wearing this Tshirt when on the bike or around..??

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:34 - 14 Aug 2023    Post subject: Re: T-shirt Reply with quote

Madrus666 wrote:
Hi, just a quick question. Will I get in to trouble by wearing this Tshirt when on the bike or around..??

Probably laughed at more than getting into trouble, tbh.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:56 - 14 Aug 2023    Post subject: Re: T-shirt Reply with quote

Madrus666 wrote:

I think most bikers would just laugh at you for being a fanny more than anything else. To be fair though it's not as cringe as Sons of Anarchy replica jackets or those fucking POLITE abominations.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:03 - 14 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a special part of hell reserved for people who wear hi-vis with POLITE on the back.

slowasyoulike
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 13:22 - 19 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely laughed at... based on your lack of sartorial elegance I'm guessing you ride an unsilenced, agricultural V-twin of some description?

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 13:40 - 19 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is to say what a coked up criminal gangster with low self-esteem and a perceived need to prove to the world and his peers how much of a hard man he is will decide to take the hump about in order to create a situation.

I've seen them get unecessarily confrontational about t-shirts which had much less in common with patch club colours than that one.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:31 - 19 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a bad idea. May seem funny or whatever but it's not even that funny.

This is the situation:

Brickie/roofer/sparkie/chippy/scaffy on coke, in a van pulling out of McD.

He wants to impress his fellow tradies, who are all members of a bike club. He sees you wearing that, meaning you're on foot or on a bike, powered or push. Is he genuinely offended? No. He's not even genuinely interested in bikes - just in an image, and he wants to be respected by his peers. But you're presenting him with a chance to prove himself. With that van, he can run you over. If he gets out of that van, all he needs to do is beat you about a bit.
He weighs it up and makes a calculation. He can afford a fine and a suspended sentence. And it won't make a blind bit of difference to his ability to make a living, if he has a criminal record.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:11 - 19 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone can be a wanker. Can't see a problem.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 10:38 - 20 Aug 2023    Post subject: Re: T-shirt Reply with quote

Madrus666 wrote:

Yes.

You'll look really dumb.

That and patch club members might think you're imitating their colours or they might think you're taking the piss out of them / their club.

None of that sounds particularly healthy.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:20 - 21 Aug 2023    Post subject: Re: T-shirt Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

That and patch club members might think you're imitating their colours or they might think you're taking the piss out of them / their club.

Do the real hard men still exist outside the USA? I've not seen any patches, save the accountants and dentists on spanking new Hardley's, in years.

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:00 - 21 Aug 2023    Post subject: Re: T-shirt Reply with quote

A100man wrote:
Ste wrote:

Do the real hard men still exist outside the USA? I've not seen any patches, save the accountants and dentists on spanking new Hardley's, in years.

Depends where you live i guess, we have about 6 clubs here in my small town, you can't go anywhere without seeing a backpatch

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:20 - 21 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they exist at all, they're in white vans and not on bikes. You see this:

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=motorcycle&c=books

All I did was type "motorcycle" in Google Play Books. That's what comes up. These are books written by women, for women. It's big business: TV shows, bikes, clothes, movies as well. Therefore, there's an obvious reward for owning a Harley and being a "biker". Just get some tats and carry on your deliveries in your van. You will get your reward!

Van drivers who didn't like someone's clothes:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-biker-trio-who-killed-28945543
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/notorious-satans-slaves-biker-jailed-30751792
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/bikers-dragged-rival-under-van-154818317.html

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:29 - 21 Aug 2023    Post subject: Re: T-shirt Reply with quote

A100man wrote:

See quite a few Blue Angels out this way. They hang around the Ducati dealership a lot in Glasgow and regularly seen on the A71.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:58 - 21 Aug 2023    Post subject: Re: T-shirt Reply with quote

A100man wrote:

Well, last summer I found myself queuing for the ferry home from Santander with a large bunch of very serious looking dudes with "Outlaws MC England" across their backs. Due to the alternating check-in booths funnelling us all down to a single queue for boarding, me and one mate unavoidably ended up smack in the middle of their group in that queue. Oops. Not a word was spoken but they all just glared at us and our BMWs for an hour, like we were something they'd stepped in.

TBH I think they were just jealous because we were wearing waterproofs as it had been pissing with rain; something that hardmen like that obviously would never do (what, and hide their patches?) so unlike us, they and all their kit were absolutely soaked to the skin...

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:18 - 21 Aug 2023    Post subject: Re: T-shirt Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:
A100man wrote:

See quite a few Blue Angels out this way. They hang around the Ducati dealership a lot in Glasgow and regularly seen on the A71.

Ducati dealership eh? I know it's Glasgy but is it a well known hangout for evil outlaws?

PS.. to be fair they do look like they're not to be messed with..

https://blueangelsglasgow.com/club-photos

Last edited by A100man on 18:33 - 21 Aug 2023; edited 2 times in total

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:27 - 21 Aug 2023    Post subject: Re: T-shirt Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
A100man wrote:

Well, last summer I found myself queuing for the ferry home from Santander with a large bunch of very serious looking dudes with "Outlaws MC England" across their backs. Due to the alternating check-in booths funnelling us all down to a single queue for boarding, me and one mate unavoidably ended up smack in the middle of their group in that queue. Oops. Not a word was spoken but they all just glared at us and our BMWs for an hour, like we were something they'd stepped in.

TBH I think they were just jealous because we were wearing waterproofs as it had been pissing with rain; something that hardmen like that obviously would never do (what, and hide their patches?) so unlike us, they and all their kit were absolutely soaked to the skin...

They have a web-site...

https://www.outlawsmceurope.com/onepercenter.htm

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:41 - 21 Aug 2023    Post subject: Re: T-shirt Reply with quote

A100man wrote:
to be fair they do look like they're not to be messed with

I certainly wouldn't fuck with them, it would be a one way express ticket to having your nads smashed between two paving slabs or something Laughing

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 20:35 - 21 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I see it, they're like that guy down the pub with the red face, white vest and sovvy rings putting his pint down where someone could easily knock it over. You just keep out of his way. Ideally drink somewhere else.

One reason I don't go to any of my local bike rallies any more.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 04:57 - 22 Aug 2023    Post subject: Re: T-shirt Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:
Madrus666 wrote:

I think most bikers would just laugh at you for being a fanny more than anything else. To be fair though it's not as cringe as Sons of Anarchy replica jackets or those fucking POLITE abominations.

That SoA Soap was an insult to one's sanity.

I think I caught a waft of it when it was on the telly and swiftly turned over to Songs of Praise.

The embarrassing thing is that Tommy Flanagan starred in SoA.
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 189 days between these two posts...

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:58 - 27 Feb 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minervos wrote:
Generally, as long as your t-shirt doesn't obstruct your vision or pose a safety hazard, you should be fine. However, it's always a good idea to double-check any specific regulations or guidelines that may apply in your area or when riding certain trails or routes.

Tit.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 23:03 - 27 Feb 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minervos wrote:
Generally, as long as your t-shirt doesn't obstruct your vision or pose a safety hazard, you should be fine. However, it's always a good idea to double-check any specific regulations or guidelines that may apply in your area or when riding certain trails or routes.

Sorry Dave, I can't do that.

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:07 - 29 Feb 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

good point, too many bikers ride around like this nowadays
https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.gettyimages.com%2Fid%2F1566575%2Fphoto%2Fmiroslav-mecir-of-czechoslovakia-pulls-his-shirt-over-his-head-during-the-us-open-at-flushing.jpg%3Fs%3D612x612%26w%3Dgi%26k%3D20%26c%3DzrgXwF7NrjqWp8tGgM8G8VpgAOqPyUSDHAvxOr-CBS8%3D&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=d307cb51aa2e83921da4ae4784aa86f447a2d1168272f61d66959c94b76350c4&ipo=images
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1