ULEZ Exemption for 1997 Yamaha XJ900

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

jimster
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 15:07 - 14 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
I think you're expecting a bit much given it's not an English city anymore.

This is supposed to be a friendly forum talking about motorbikes. Thumbs Down
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

jimster
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 15:27 - 14 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Whoops-

Last edited by jimster on 15:48 - 14 Sep 2023; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

jimster
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 15:30 - 14 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fizzer Thou wrote:
I applied to Yamaha UK for a CoC for my 2001 5JJ-R1 and initially they said that would be okay....£75 please.My credit card was charged and I waited....and waited.Eventually I contacted the importer by email,only to be advised that my bike was not able to be issued with a certificate as they had no testing data for emissions back that far.

I have received letters from tfl stating that not only would I have to pay £12.50 per day for my R1,but also my 1991 3XW-FJ1200 and my 1990 Exup1000 and 1997 XR400R.But if I was to take my bikes to any of the approved testing centres at Bow,Deptford or Stevenage,then they would do their utmost to get my bikes compliant.Yer right...at £175 a pop I am not about to do that.I heard that the place at Bow is a real rip-off as someone who owns a Honda Super Blackbird was charged some £800 to fit cats in the exhaust and then to retest a number of times before it would pass.

On the V5c form for my 2004 KTM 450EXC the Nox levels are stipulated and the bike is compliant,so the statement by tfl that vehicles older than 2007 would have to pay the £12.50 is total bollox.

I will be quite happy to SORN all of my non-compliant bikes until next year when sad-dik khant can be voted out of his present position.Hopefully there will be a massive turnout at the ballot box,otherwise there will be another four years of his repressive regime.

Thanks Fizzer - very helpful. Hope you got your £75 back from Yamaha!!! And for the KTM surely if you just send the V5c to TFL they'll have to accept it for ULEZ purposes if it says you're below the NOX limit? Go here to contact them: https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/check-your-vehicle/

Last edited by jimster on 15:48 - 14 Sep 2023; edited 1 time in total

jimster
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 15:45 - 14 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

For future reference I see that one of the authorised NOX testing places is "The Test Centre" in Deptford which I can highly recommend as it's the place I get my car MOT done! They only do MOT testing, so have no incentive to fail, plus they have never failed my car even when there were a couple of quibbly issues they could have picked up, and it's huge so you never have to wait very long. I have no connection with the place but I'll definitely be heading there to get my bike tested in due course (if I can't get a cert from Yamaha).

jimster
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 20:55 - 19 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found a facebook post where someone asks specifically about my model bike passing the NOX test for Ulez, unfortunately, I can't access it! I tried to join the group but rather than letting me in they blocked me Sad

Can anyone else? Here's the link. Thanks Smile

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1563455950532468

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:19 - 20 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimster wrote:
I've found a facebook post where someone asks specifically about my model bike passing the NOX test for Ulez, unfortunately, I can't access it! I tried to join the group but rather than letting me in they blocked me Sad

I tried to help you by attempting to join the group. I answered their easy-peasy questions correctly, and they blocked me, too. It isn't uncommon for motorcycle groups to be run by cnuts, tbh. If I may suggest, just get that bike tested at Riverbank or that other garage. They will advise you best. It's such a shame to let an eminently capable all-round bike go to waste.

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:27 - 20 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only problem there is they will want to sell you 500 quid catalytic converter even if you have a carbed bike where they are totally inappropriate, not having a lambda sensor or any way to alter the mixture real time.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:41 - 20 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Fizzer Thou wrote:
Hopefully there will be a massive turnout at the ballot box...

I think you're expecting a bit much given it's not an English city anymore.

To whom was I abusive?

jimster
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 17:27 - 21 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
jimster wrote:

I tried to help you by attempting to join the group. I answered their easy-peasy questions correctly, and they blocked me, too. It isn't uncommon for motorcycle groups to be run by cnuts, tbh. If I may suggest, just get that bike tested at Riverbank or that other garage. They will advise you best. It's such a shame to let an eminently capable all-round bike go to waste.

Thanks Bhud! I am going to get it tested (once I've finished fixing it up, still needs a few bits doing to it!) Smile

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:31 - 27 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Skudd wrote:
It isn't racism if it's a fact.

You live in liverpool. What the fuck do you know about living in London?

Sister lived there for ten or more years and gave her views on her observations. By the way, I don't live in Liverpool which has had it's own well documented racial issues.
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2