Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Scrotes Nicked My Bike

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Prawny
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 11:18 - 11 Sep 2023    Post subject: Scrotes Nicked My Bike Reply with quote

Fecking kuntz stole my meteor.

Only kids, fuck knows why, they aren't getting a thrill out of it. Took it off the drive at 10 oclock last night pushed it right past the window while we were watching TV.

I'd like to think they got it started and tried to ride away two up, I'll know if that's the case because I'll find them asleep at the end of the road in a bit.

TBF, I was ready for something different, pissed off that it's going to cost be some NCD but I've got them on CCTV so hopefully they get locked up, apparently they took an old boys KTM single earlier in the week and were wheelieing past his house.

If they can wheelie a slightly rusty meteor they can keep it.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:44 - 11 Sep 2023    Post subject: Re: Scrotes Nicked My Bike Reply with quote

Prawny wrote:
Fecking kuntz stole my meteor.

Only kids, fuck knows why, they aren't getting a thrill out of it. Took it off the drive at 10 oclock last night pushed it right past the window while we were watching TV.

I'd like to think they got it started and tried to ride away two up, I'll know if that's the case because I'll find them asleep at the end of the road in a bit.

TBF, I was ready for something different, pissed off that it's going to cost be some NCD but I've got them on CCTV so hopefully they get locked up, apparently they took an old boys KTM single earlier in the week and were wheelieing past his house.

If they can wheelie a slightly rusty meteor they can keep it.

Wasn't it on disc locks or anything?

Prawny
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 11:52 - 11 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately not, like a prick I assumed that kids wouldn't steal a boring old man's bike with no power and a top box. I have learned my lesson.

It's been out there nearly 18 months with no locks on it at all. Hasn't been too bad an area round here, seems that the kids have a new hobby though.

Annoyingly I was going to put a disc lock on it on saturday night, but got distracted and forgot Rolling Eyes

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:52 - 11 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple of people have had their bikes taken close to me. Both bikes have been recovered, names and addresses of persons taking the bikes have been found. Visits later are being organised.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:54 - 11 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prawny wrote:
Unfortunately not, like a prick I assumed that kids wouldn't steal a boring old man's bike with no power and a top box. I have learned my lesson.

It's been out there nearly 18 months with no locks on it at all. Hasn't been too bad an area round here, seems that the kids have a new hobby though.

Annoyingly I was going to put a disc lock on it on saturday night, but got distracted and forgot Rolling Eyes

Fuck. I wish some scrotes would come nick my ER6F and ZT125-U. I have protected NCB Crying or Very sad

Prawny
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 11:59 - 11 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, no protected NCD here sadly, but I'm not absolutely distraught about the prospect of having to get a new bike. Especially now my commute has changed again and I'm spending a fair amount of time on the motorway.

Very doubtful I'll get the bike back, but hopefully the kids will be off the streets so they can't nick the new one.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:12 - 11 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prawny wrote:
Yeah, no protected NCD here sadly, but I'm not absolutely distraught about the prospect of having to get a new bike. Especially now my commute has changed again and I'm spending a fair amount of time on the motorway.

Very doubtful I'll get the bike back, but hopefully the kids will be off the streets so they can't nick the new one.

What you getting next? I am dead set on getting the GSX S1000 GT+ ever since I test rode one. As soon as I rode that I knew it was the one bike and I pulled out from getting the Super Meteor. In an ideal world I would have both but I have fuck all space for multiple bikes.

Thinking about punting my ER6F for £500 spares or repairs and £1000 on the ZT125U just to move it on even tho its in good nick.

Prawny
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 12:16 - 11 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will need to see what I end up with from the insurance and then what the loss of NCD will do to premiums.

I need something that is happy on the motorway, but also cheap to run and insure. No chance of anything new the insurance would be crippling, I tested a Tracer 9GT and that would be decent but the screen is crap and insurance was about £700 with 3 years bonus, with 1 I imagine it would be over a grand, and I was only paying £150 for the RE.

Might have a look at an old CBF1000 or similar

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:18 - 11 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:
As soon as I rode that I knew it was the one bike and I pulled out from getting the Super Meteor. In an ideal world I would have both but I have fuck all space for multiple bikes.

I thought you were mega wealthy, so a new garage and a few more bikes would be well within your price range.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:51 - 11 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
I thought you were mega wealthy, so a new garage and a few more bikes would be well within your price range.

I am not mega wealthy, sorry if I have created some kind of mythical status but I am regrettably only a bit wealthier than the average person.

I am at the income level where I've lost my personal allowances and that everytime my salary goes up £1,000.00 gross, it costs my company £1,132.50 to pay me it (because of Employer's NIC) and I only receive £560.00 of it (2% Personal NIC and 42% Income Tax).

BRUN
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 17:09 - 11 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://securityforbikes.com/

when mines stored and unlikely to move for a few weeks, it has 3-4 chains on it, 2 x d locks, and a disc lock

Prawny
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 17:16 - 11 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im a bit pissed off with myself because I think anything would have put them off. They broke the steering lock at 9pm it would have been barely dark. Because someone hit our car in Tesco car park on Saturday it’s going to pretty much double any insurance cost.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:05 - 11 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am at the income level where I've lost my personal allowances and that everytime my salary goes up £1,000.00 gross, it costs my company £1,132.50 to pay me it (because of Employer's NIC) and I only receive £560.00 of it (2% Personal NIC and 42% Income Tax).

https://i.imgur.com/gM2tyFJ.gif

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:18 - 11 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

that everytime my salary goes up £1,000.00 gross, it costs my company £1,132.50* to pay me it (because of Employer's NIC)

Exactly the same applies to anyone who earns more than £175 a week. About £9k annually.

*Actually it's £1,138.50.

Sauce - https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/cbp-9754/

megaross
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 08:06 - 12 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that mate, lesson learned eh. Horrible feeling coming out and seeing you've been done over, a lot of us here will know that.

They'll take whatever is easy to nick and joyride unfortunately. Next time disc lock it at least - I do even if I'm nipping in the shop for 5.

Have a look round the alleys and stuff nearby I found mine in an alley by the house with the ignition all smashed up. They'd obviously failed to start it and given up.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:10 - 12 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
that everytime my salary goes up £1,000.00 gross, it costs my company £1,132.50* to pay me it (because of Employer's NIC)

Exactly the same applies to anyone who earns more than £175 a week. About £9k annually.

*Actually it's £1,138.50.

Sauce - https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/cbp-9754/

Nope, someone (in Scotland) on £9,000.00 annually will pay no income tax at all and even if they went up £1,000.00 they will still not pay any income tax at all until they reach the tax free allowance at £12,750.00.

So instead, let's consider someone at the average salary in Scotland, which is £27,710.00.

£27,710.00 with 3% pension contribution:

Income tax at 19% rate = £410.78,
Income tax at 20% rate = £2,191.20,
Income tax at 21% rate = £250.05,
Total Income Tax = £2,191.20.
National Insurance (Employee) = £1,816.80.
National Insurance (Employers) = £2,568.18.

Now let's give them a £1,000.00 raise.

£28,710.00 with 3% pension contribution:

Income tax at 19% rate = £410.78,
Income tax at 20% rate = £2,191.20,
Income tax at 21% rate = £453.75,
Total Income Tax = £2,191.20.
National Insurance (Employee) = £1,936.80.
National Insurance (Employers) = £2,706.18.

So for their £1,000.00 raise it cost their employer £1,138.50 to pay it and the employee received £646.30 of it (roughly 65% retained by employee).

Still a remarkably shitty outcome for the average person. If my salary goes up by £1,000.00 that equates to a £46.67 monthly increase in real terms, for someone on £28,710.00 that's still only a £53.86.

Tax is taxing afterall.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 11:12 - 12 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't mention income tax. I was clearly typing about employer NI. The employer doesn't pay any additional tax on top of you for your wages.

Last edited by Nobby the Bastard on 11:14 - 12 Sep 2023; edited 1 time in total

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:13 - 12 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
I didn't mention income tax. I was clearly typing about employer NI.

Correct, my bad.

Prawny
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 18:12 - 16 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bike has turned up on a community Facebook page being ragged about by some spotty oik in the Walsall suburbs.

I definitely don’t want it back now, it’ll be fucked. So thoughts have turned to replacements when the insurance comes through.

Budget is cheap, I’m talking 3 grand cheap, reliable, cheap to run and insure, not looking a heap of shit is bottom of the list.

Shortlist so far is Versys and Vstrom 650s. Another ER6, SV650/gladius, bandit 650 and the like.

V strom is top of my list, bandits and ER6s are cheaper to buy and insure. Any tips on those? And anything else I should be looking at? Old cbf 600 worth a look? Wanted a CBF1000 or bandit 1250 but insurance is too much

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 19:40 - 16 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

£3k will get you something like an early VFR800 in good condition with enough left over to replace any tired/dated running gear with tasty bits.

Prawny
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 19:53 - 16 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought that was a great idea, insurance is twice the price of the competition sadly. Won’t be able to get that past the CFO sadly. Nearly as much TPFT as comp on a brand new Interceptor

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:55 - 16 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prawny wrote:

Budget is cheap, I’m talking 3 grand cheap, reliable, cheap to run and insure, not looking a heap of shit is bottom of the list.

And anything else I should be looking at?

TDMs - cheap as chips.

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Prawny
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 20:05 - 16 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

TDM could be a goer, not as cheap as I’d have thought. But would be more versatile than most options. Insurance is acceptable too

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:35 - 16 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prawny wrote:
TDM could be a goer, not as cheap as I’d have thought. But would be more versatile than most options. Insurance is acceptable too

You're right.. thought you should be able to pick up a 20k miler bike for a couple of grand..

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

megaross
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 07:48 - 19 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't discount older 600's

Those 90's/early 2000's bikes are beginning to go up in value - they're fucking bulletproof and there's plenty of good nick garage queens still out there for well under a couple of grand.

Plus they're great to ride - no electrics just a carburetted lump churning out power as fast as you can snick through the gears. Only thing you might find is the suspension wants a service but that's not expensive - Saturday morning will do a fork oil change and grease your linkages.

If my budget wasn't tied up in building a garage to fill I'd have a couple in the garage. Guarantee you'll sell for more than you pay after you've had your way
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3