Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Russell Brand's a naughty boy

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:04 - 18 Sep 2023    Post subject: Russell Brand's a naughty boy Reply with quote

In case you've been living under a rock:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-66835997

And in other news, Baron Victor von Frankenstein has issued a press statement:

"I'm looking into reports that a monster may have entered the village and killed several people. Let me assure you that the castle staff and I are taking this matter very seriously."

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:54 - 18 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always thought he was an utter cunt, so this doesn't really surprise me.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:23 - 18 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

duhawkz wrote:

I have to agree. I don't think there are many more odorous 'celebrities' around. Sticks in my mind when he had a go at Rod Stewart at an awards event by saying he'd shagged his daughter.

Nasty littile oik.

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:25 - 18 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be impossible for him to fall any further in my esteem (Puke) and, who can say they are surprised that his “encounters” were numerous, grubby and sometimes non-consensual.

Once again however, this raises the issue of why this sort of predatory behaviour is tolerated and enabled by those around him. Even he himself boasted that he’s been transparent about his proclivities in his autobiographies and public interviews.

People are asking why no prosecution, no conviction in a court of law? Well you only have to look at the report/prosecution/conviction rates for rape and sexual assault to see why women are reluctant to press charges, and if they live in London, let’s face it, the Met Police are a shelter for rapists, paedos and pervs. So where can they go to be believed and have their voices heard?

So the trial by media thing works to a degree by shining a spotlight on sleazy, criminal behaviour. He’s finished as far as mainstream outlets are concerned.

He’s smart though. He knew this was coming and built up his online channels and media businesses. His defenders are legion and will continue. He’s wealthy, he’s got millions of followers. I’m guessing that apart from stern looks from elderly shoppers in Waitrose, his life will carry on as before. Depressing.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:42 - 18 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but I don't trust the creator of a problem to investigate the problem honestly. All the enablers in the MSM will disappear in the wind.

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:09 - 18 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Sorry but I don't trust the creator of a problem to investigate the problem honestly. All the enablers in the MSM will disappear in the wind.

The joint investigation (C4 & The Times) will have been meticulous and throughly legalled before going to broadcast/press given Brand’s wealth and access to fierce lawyers.

Another take is……and you’d expect this from me…..Murdoch wants to create a massive diversion before the by-election and Conservative Party conference because the tories are so terrible. So he’s created an alternative national conversation.

Don’t say, “Everything’s gone to shit under the Conservatives.”
Say, “Ooer, that Russell Brand, what a dirty bastard shagger. Euw.”

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:24 - 18 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't disagree, never liked the smarmy twat..

It comes as no surprise that he took advantage of a vulnerable teenager in a most immoral way... thing is did he actually break the law?

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:27 - 18 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

duhawkz wrote:

Thing is he admitted to such and has detailed his life moving away from all that celeb twat lifestyle stuff. He could have minted it on the eight out of ten cats celebrity comedy gameshow circuit but he abandoned the mainstream and went his own way. I think he's being targeted because he's an easy shot. If he's guilty of anything then probably every member fo every boy band and pop groups going back decades is as well. The groupie circuit is a cesspit of bad sexual encounters.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:32 - 18 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:

People are asking why no prosecution, no conviction in a court of law? Well you only have to look at the report/prosecution/conviction rates for rape and sexual assault to see why women are reluctant to press charges, and if they live in London, let’s face it, the Met Police are a shelter for rapists, paedos and pervs. So where can they go to be believed and have their voices heard?

This gives the met a good opportunity to further its PR aims though. See the Sarah Everard protestor compensation payments? All PR to rehabilitate the Met.

And why haven't the C4 nobs assisted these women to go to the plod? you would think if your helping someone whos claiming they were victims of a crime then going going to the police would be the way forward?

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:37 - 18 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the trial by media thing works to a degree by shining a spotlight on sleazy, criminal behaviour.

One of the scummiest industries deciding who gets the focus of their power rather than a court seems a bit wrong.

Lowering the standard for what we as a society constitutes evidence for one of the more serious crimes seems backwards.

The joint investigation (C4 & The Times) will have been meticulous and throughly legalled before going to broadcast/press given Brand’s wealth and access to fierce lawyers.

If it had been thoroughly "legalled" and there are actual allegations of crimes, then surely they could be investigated?

Another take is……and you’d expect this from me…..Murdoch wants to create a massive diversion before the by-election and Conservative Party conference because the tories are so terrible. So he’s created an alternative national conversation.

Don’t say, “Everything’s gone to shit under the Conservatives.”
Say, “Ooer, that Russell Brand, what a dirty bastard shagger. Euw.”

True and be careful because any mention of due process means you are a paedo because you support whoever is currently under scrutiny this week rather than blindly believing accusers because it sounds right.

/s

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Thing is he admitted to such and has detailed his life moving away from all that celeb twat lifestyle stuff. He could have minted it on the eight out of ten cats celebrity comedy gameshow circuit but he abandoned the mainstream and went his own way. I think he's being targeted because he's an easy shot. If he's guilty of anything then probably every member fo every boy band and pop groups going back decades is as well. The groupie circuit is a cesspit of bad sexual encounters.

Maybe not targeted like some big conspiracy, but it generates clicks/views and that is what matter most to big media.

Yes proving rape is difficult but that doesn't mean we should lower our standards. Maybe I am in the minority when I think I would rather have people guilty of rape go free than innocent people get locked up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 13:51 - 18 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

This revenation will do nothing change my viewing or listening habits* with regard to Russel Brand.

*To paraphrase a viz magazine cartoon strip, I'd rather stand in a barrel of scorpions up to my neck while Janet Street-Porter shrieks in my ear.

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:03 - 18 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
And why haven't the C4 nobs assisted these women to go to the plod? you would think if your helping someone whos claiming they were victims of a crime then going going to the police would be the way forward?

Because, as I said, the track record for successful prosecution and conviction of rape and sexual assault is woefully inadequate. Victims are not believed and a culture of predatory misogyny in police forces means that women do not report out fear of not being believed.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:33 - 18 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, no doubt Brand will be investigated thoroughly but what about all the people around him at the time? How about all those people who went to prison as accomplices to Jimmy Saville's perversions?

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:41 - 18 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't like him never have, but it strikes me how hard it must be to get
to the truth 20 years after an event.
Why wait so long? that makes it a 'he said she said' affair.
It appears he's being primarily tried by the media (C4) not the police
and I have little trust in the media to give me un-filtered/biased truth nowadays.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:42 - 18 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because, as I said, the track record for successful prosecution and conviction of rape and sexual assault is woefully inadequate. Victims are not believed and a culture of predatory misogyny in police forces means that women do not report out fear of not being believed.

I understand that, but you would think with C4 news support an approach to the police would be possible.

Im wondering if these women are effectively being put up as stalking horses in the hope their public testimony brings other people out of the woodwork who will go to the police.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:14 - 18 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've read on the BBC the girl 'Alice' doesn't come across as a credible witness. She admits carrying on with the liasons in spite of her mother's diapproval, so was it seems she was keen at the time but now not so much.

Brand's behavior at that time was highly reprehensible but not at present illegal, although the giris now calling for a law to be changed so that only under 18s can have bed fun with other under 18s (well 16-18s).

In short I'm not sure what this expose is all about. We already knew Brand is an egotistical smarmty twat, he even wrote a book about it/himself and his 'sex addiction'..

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 23:18 - 18 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm disappointed with the BBC because they gave a fucknugget like that air time in the first place. Sexual indiscretions nothwithstanding. I formed the oppinion he was an irredeemably annoying twat the first time I ever saw him and have turned him off any time I've seen or heard him since.

He's the sort of person who'd make me walk out of a bar and go somewhere else if he was there drinking with his mates, even if I'd never seen or heard of him before. You'd never tire of grabbing his affectatious hair and slamming his stupid face against the bar until he shut up. I wouldn't want to go to jail over the likes of him because I bet it would take a lot of slamming to actually make him shut up.

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:18 - 19 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing with Brand is I can totally believe he could act like that.
Thats not to say he's guilty but it wouldn't surprise me as he always
seemed to be full of shit/himself.( like Jimmy Saville)
Like others I could only take enough of him get to the remote or
mouse over the twat.
I'm aware he set himself up as an authority on everything on the interweb but could never bear to watch/listen to see if anything made sense.

On a related note I'm glad Kevin Spacey was exonerated.
Always liked him as an actor and wouldn't have given a shit
even if he had grabbed someguys cock/arse in a pub.
Redeeming qualities see?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:08 - 19 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The striking thing is he's supposed to be a (relatively) reformed character now but I've seen him interview people - where one is meant to be a gracious host - and you can sense the ego raging to be let loose and totally dominate the conversation. And that's just the public face Shocked

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:54 - 19 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Proof (if proof were needed) that this is a 21st Century lynching:

BBC News wrote:
YouTube stops Russell Brand's channel from making money

TBH I didn't really rate Brand as in any way important or worthy of attention but apparently he rates higher than the start of WW3 Shocked

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:21 - 19 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh but he's a working class hero saving the grease munching lottery ticket buying hard-put-upon from themselves, using YouTube... It's obvious it's a stitch-up! Haha
As usual, Johnny Rotten called it first, and years ago.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:29 - 19 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone told me he was making £100,000 a month off that crap he posts on you tube. Shocked

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:20 - 19 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Someone told me he was making £100,000 a month off that crap he posts on you tube. Shocked

I read somewhere that you need about 70k subscribers to be able to give up a run of the mill day job and
do YT full time. Once you're in the millions of subs it's pretty lucrative.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:22 - 19 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

WD Forte wrote:
On a related note I'm glad Kevin Spacey was exonerated.

Interesting, I knew he’d won his case in London but it looks like he was ultimately exonerated in all cases. The fact that I didn’t know that sadly shows that dirt sticks.

In Brand’s case it seems like his misdemeanours were banked by the MSM, and now he’s gone a bit rogue politically it’s time to ‘out’ him.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bloggsy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 18:45 - 19 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
duhawkz wrote:

I have to agree. I don't think there are many more odorous 'celebrities' around. Sticks in my mind when he had a go at Rod Stewart at an awards event by saying he'd shagged his daughter.

Nasty littile oik.

I cant bear the sight of him
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3