Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

This centuries Yom Kippur War kicked off late

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

DaddyStu
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 22:56 - 15 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Seems that Isreal is rapidly losing the support of the US. As well as Biden endorsing the suggestion that Netanyahu is a blocker to peace they've put in a resolution for an immediate and sustained ceasefire to the UN.
This is on top of saying invading Rafah is a red line that Israel cannot cross.

They carefully said that invading Rafah without a plan for the evacuation of civilians would be crossing a red line. This of course means the Israelis can come up with any BS plan like these 'humanitarian islands' - then go in as hard as they like, not having crossed the US red line. Latest on the news sounds like its imminent.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:09 - 15 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I was the US I would be heartily sick of throwing billions of dollars at Israel and Ukraine. However as much as they might bitch and moan they will back Israel to the hilt despite mouthing platitudes to everyone else.

They won't for Ukraine though.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 00:07 - 16 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Word on the street is that Ukraine will get funding and Israel wont.

DaddyStu
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 00:19 - 16 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully there'll be some left in the kitty for an extra GP surgery in my area. At least fix the M4 potholes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 00:23 - 16 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Different budgets.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:35 - 16 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

From the US?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 00:37 - 16 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't know. If I did I wouldn't say.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:40 - 16 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Wouldn't know.

So you mean the UK? I didn't even realise we were giving Israel aid. However my point was the US, not the UK and the US will support Israel practically irrespective of what they say.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:42 - 16 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Word on the Street is Word on the Street.

No one can predict the outcome of anything in these situations with any certainty.

It can go any way.

Israel cannot surrender. The cost to Israel's future is unaffordable.

Ukraine cannot surrender. The cost to Ukraine's future is unaffordable.

It's more economic to maintain the status quo and deal with antagonists and adversaries.

Stop Iran and Stop the USSR.

China is watching.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:38 - 16 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the UK it makes more sense Ukraine > Israel, for geographic reasons if nothing else.

I suspect the the fates of both Ukraine and Israel - in the long term - are contingent on who wins the US Presidential 2024 election. Biden's evidently pro-bloodshed so the meat-grinder of war will continue if he gets a second term. Trump's been quoted as saying something like "I'd end the Ukraine conflict in 48 hrs" whatever that means. The Orange Hooligan hasn't said much about Israel but past actions seem to indicate he leans more towards Israel than Iran, unlike the current administration.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:07 - 17 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/us-military-aid-israel-now-145453386.html

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:30 - 17 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

I could never work that out. US sending aid to Ukraine makes perfect sense given they haven't a pot to piss in. Israel doesn't strike me as the sort of place that needs to rattle the tin Thinking

DaddyStu
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 01:43 - 18 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

I could never work that out. US sending aid to Ukraine makes perfect sense given they haven't a pot to piss in. Israel doesn't strike me as the sort of place that needs to rattle the tin Thinking

The way the Israeli AI machines think. 1 massive expensive bomb per Palestinian child gets the job done.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:08 - 18 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:

If Israel are successful in the prosecution of this war against Hamas, it will help bolster the thinking that Islam is a dangerous way of life.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:11 - 18 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaza faces famine during Ramadan, the holy month of fasting

Not all bad news then Smile

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 16:27 - 31 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

Fasting during Ramadan is by choice and is daylight hours only. Unlike starvation which tends to be non-consensual.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:10 - 01 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Fasting during Ramadan is by choice and is daylight hours only. Unlike starvation which tends to be non-consensual.

I don't know why but I somehow get the impression you care more about people you've never met than those around you Thinking

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:03 - 02 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:

I don't know why but I somehow get the impression you care more about people you've never met than those around you Thinking

/\
Ooofff.... Shocked

Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:46 - 08 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Germany faces genocide case over Israel weapon sales

Ah yes, from those well know proponents of Human Rights, Nicaragua Rolling Eyes Vying with South Africa for the title of "UN's Most Epic Troll."

On the one hand:

Quote:
Nicaragua says Germany's arms sales to Israel, which totalled $326.5m last year - a tenfold increase on 2022 - make it complicit in Israel's alleged war crimes.

But then:

Quote:
Components for air defence systems and communications equipment accounted for most of the sales, according to the DPA news agency.

To be sure: defending yourself = genocide. Yes, that makes perfect sense in the 21st Century Sad By that logic if you sell someone a stab proof vest both the retailer and stabbee go to jail and the stabber walks free with compensation money.

DaddyStu
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 14:28 - 08 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does seem a small-fry country for them to go after. If you want to tie someone else into the ICJs Israel investigation then surely you'd opt for the US.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:18 - 08 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaddyStu wrote:
Does seem a small-fry country for them to go after. If you want to tie someone else into the ICJs Israel investigation then surely you'd opt for the US.

But the US gives Nicaragua aid.

https://www.foreignassistance.gov/cd/nicaragua/

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:08 - 08 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

George Soros proved the point that you can short* an entire country when he took on the Pound and dumped the UK from the ERM. If you consider both sides - IDF vs Hamas - with the pure, black heart of an investment fund manager what are your options?

If Hamas Inc. were a publicly traded company your options would be buy or short. Buy can at best be seen as a long term, slow growth option. Short term profits, no chance. Short then? The floor price is your limit on profits and the shares have no value at the moment. Therefore scope for short term profits also limited.

Ah, but what about IDF Ltd? Israel's quite an organised and technological country and therefore shares would be highly valued. Buy would put you in the same situation investing in Hamas, profits are there but you'd need a long wait and a lot of capital to get anywhere.

So I think you can guess where I'm going with this. Shorting Israel you're looking at a vast chasm between the current price and the floor. Short term fat profits, yes please! And hence we have all the chaos and condemnation only going in one direction Wink

*Short sell: borrow shares in the morning and sell high. Hope the price goes down later on so you can buy back at the cheaper price and replace the shares you borrowed.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:25 - 08 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
George Soros proved the point that you can short* an entire country when he took on the Pound and dumped the UK from the ERM.

He didn't cause the UK to bail out of ERM (it wasn't dumped out), he just realised that the UK economy was not going to maintain it's value and bet on that fact.

It would have happened regardless.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:37 - 08 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
It would have happened regardless.

Soros is all about "Hey, this guy looks unwell. Time to buy shares in Dignitas."

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:09 - 08 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaddyStu wrote:
If you want to tie someone else into the ICJs Israel investigation then surely you'd opt for the US.

The USA doesn't recognise The International Kangaroo Court of Justice and would rightly tell 'em to go fuckthemselves.
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 20 of 21