Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Why go green,electric and low emmisions?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

jaffa90
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:49 - 15 Oct 2023    Post subject: Why go green,electric and low emmisions? Reply with quote

Why go green,electric and low emmisions?
While all this shit,black smoke unburnt fuel / toxins is being sprayed on us all? See pics today.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:40 - 15 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazed that you can tell how much CO2 is in the atmosphere visually.

jaffa90
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:57 - 15 Oct 2023    Post subject: Toxic. Reply with quote

Google; (airplane fumes pollution).
https://www.google.com/search?q=airplane+fumes+pollution&sca_esv=573634593&ei=YUIsZfGTH9iM9u8Pw8u-2As&oq=aircraft+realeasing++toxic+fumes+symptoms&gs_lp=Egxnd3Mtd2l6LXNlcnAiKWFpcmNyYWZ0IHJlYWxlYXNpbmcgIHRveGljIGZ1bWVzIHN5bXB0b21zKgIIATIFEAAYogQyBRAAGKIEMgUQABiiBEiqmgFQ0xRYgEhwAXgBkAEAmAF3oAGbCaoBAzcuNbgBAcgBAPgBAcICChAAGEcY1gQYsAPCAgcQABiKBRhDwgIIEAAYigUYhgPCAggQIRigARjDBMICChAhGKABGMMEGArCAgQQIRgK4gMEGAAgQYgGAZAGCA&sclient=gws-wiz-serp

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:30 - 16 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry but the naivety that anything will change when we have 3rd (2nd) or even what are now first world countrys (India & China) with populations that want all the luxuries America and co have is just laughable.

8 billion people inhabit this planet. 8 billion that want a first world lifestyle and the majority coudn't give a fuck about global warming, ecoism and tree hugging, They'd rather have an I phone 15 and sod the future.

If you think the jolly old UK can make an iota of difference you are dreaming, end of. Global warming will happend because there are 8 billion people on the planet. Electric cars won't save it. Throwing your rubbish in blue or red bins won't save it.

Reducing the worlds population might, but I suspect that is way too late now.

So in answer to your com trail pictures? too late pal. The window has gone. No one is going to ban planes so get out there and sniff the smell of jet fuel in the morning.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:37 - 16 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I'm sorry but the naivety that anything will change when we have 3rd (2nd) or even what are now first world countrys (India & China) with populations that want all the luxuries America and co have is just laughable.

8 billion people inhabit this planet. 8 billion that want a first world lifestyle and the majority coudn't give a fuck about global warming, ecoism and tree hugging, They'd rather have an I phone 15 and sod the future.

If you think the jolly old UK can make an iota of difference you are dreaming, end of. Global warming will happend because there are 8 billion people on the planet. Electric cars won't save it. Throwing your rubbish in blue or red bins won't save it.

Reducing the worlds population might, but I suspect that is way too late now.

So in answer to your com trail pictures? too late pal. The window has gone. No one is going to ban planes so get out there and sniff the smell of jet fuel in the morning.

I agree with this. There are too many of us.

The best thing anyone can do to support the environment is to literally kill themselves so that the CO2.e attributed to their entire life through breathing, farting, eating, travelling, clothing, warming, sustaining, luxuries, necessities, etc won't be required.

If eco-warriers truly loved their planet, they would selflessly kill themselves to save it, but won't.

Truth is, anything we do now won't reverse the greenhouse effect in multiple generations as it literally took multiple generations to produce it. Hopes, dreams, prayers, crying and speeches cannot defeat the laws of thermodynamics.

The only genuine way to tackle global warming is to have a mass cull of humans and revert from a modern industrialised lifestyle to a less carbon intensive one.

Humanity is not mentally capable of doing this, therefore humanity is doomed.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:08 - 16 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a bit dramatic! There only needs to be two things done on a global scale: stop burning coal (heating? use natural gas, power generation? loads of alternatives) and stop large scale deforestation (Brazil, Indonesia.)

For the former the US probably could be persuaded, China not so much. And for the latter you only have to wipe out the populations of Brazil and Indonesia rather than a global cull Smile

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:56 - 16 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
That's a bit dramatic! There only needs to be two things done on a global scale: stop burning coal (heating? use natural gas, power generation? loads of alternatives) and stop large scale deforestation (Brazil, Indonesia.)

For the former the US probably could be persuaded, China not so much. And for the latter you only have to wipe out the populations of Brazil and Indonesia rather than a global cull Smile

No. We are too late.

This explains a lot of the reasons why more succinctly than I can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otbxOvu069Y

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:04 - 16 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Thunderfoot's okay with the scientific stuff but he's a patronising cunt when he goes political Sad

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:30 - 16 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

if governments genuinely gave a toss for the environment theyd ban plastics.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:49 - 16 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
if governments genuinely gave a toss for the environment theyd ban plastics.

The problem with politicians is that in most cases they need to be elected. Banning cars, banning plastics, banning anything that screws up people lifestyle doesn't get you elected.

Look at Herr Khan's ulez zone. If people were happy about ecoshite they would be jumping up and down shouting his praises while wanking over Greta's photo. They aren't and that is for nothing compared with what would be needed to have any noticable effect on emissions.

The first steps to even think of doing any good would be to ban air travel and shipping. Yeah, right. Rolling Eyes End of the world economy instantly.

My view, and bearing in mind I won't be around for that much longer so won't be my problem, is we have to manage global warming, not stop it because, very simply, we can't.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:53 - 16 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and a good old war doesn't do much to help either.....

What are the effects of the Russia and Ukraine war on climate?
During the first seven months of the war, the fighting released some 100 million tonnes of carbon into the atmosphere, as well as the sabotage to the two Nord Stream pipelines in September 2022, which led to the biggest ever point source release of methane – a potent warming gas

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:11 - 16 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I don't think tanks and APCs are known for high mpg either Laughing

Getting rid of plastics is about the same as getting rid of modern civilisation at this point Sad Probably a lot more stuff could be made out of wood or bamboo if we put some effort in; aluminium is straightforward to recycle.

I'm typing away on a mechanical keyboard I've had for so long I can't even recall when I bought it... at least 7 years, maybe more so I'll not begrudge its plastic content. It's the single-use stuff that annoys me the most. The kids have all these plastic toys that get about 5 mins use before going in the bin whereas a set of wooden building bricks still gets dragged out, maybe 50 years old or more.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:35 - 17 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
wanking over Greta's photo

Sick bruh

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:43 - 17 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a word the problem for CO2 (and methane) is 'consumption' - more people on the planet more consumption - CO2 levels appear to be lock-step in tune with population rise, 'bad' items consumed are meat, fuel for travel/heating/crypoto currency mining Rolling Eyes , plastics etc..

So we can.

a) reduce the population - this might in fact be happening already

b) stop eating meat, travelling so much (espec. by plane), embrace sustainable energy.

So, dare I say, Val has a point. however it will be a mix of measures that might help us edge awy from the abyss.. WRT to China my mate was ther on business recently and claimed they were years in front with EVs and eco transport in general, in China at least it seems they are not the tuk-tuk exhaust spewing generation they were 20-30 years ago and I think Im correct is saying the produce most of the worlds Solar PV panels.

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:46 - 17 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
I'm typing away on a mechanical keyboard I've had for so long I can't even recall when I bought it... at least 7 years, maybe more so I'll not begrudge its plastic content.

A bit off topic, but I have a mechanical keyboard too, it's a Redragon K556 PRO. When I got it I really liked it, it's got a good weight to it, very strong aluminium chassis, RGB isn't very intrusive, etc. Was very nice overall for £79. The one thing I didn't like was the linear switches. For non-brand switches they were good but I prefer tactile switches.

Cost me £64 to buy enough MXCherry Brown tactile switches to change every switch on the board but it was worth it. Fantastic keyboard. All-in spend isn't even £150 and it's an absolute tank, feels amazing, types amazing.

If this lasts 7 years I'll be really happy. Going to treat myself to some custom key caps for Christmas too Laughing

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:47 - 17 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:
reduce the population

Thanos was a visionary.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:53 - 17 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
wanking over Greta's photo

Sick bruh

Shit, just me? Embarassed

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:05 - 17 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:

Mate, I've shot loads over some questionable shit and been so fucking horny I'd fuck the hole in a dolphin's head but there are some places even I do not tread Laughing

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:27 - 17 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:

So, dare I say, Val has a point. however it will be a mix of measures that might help us edge awy from the abyss.. WRT to China my mate was ther on business recently and claimed they were years in front with EVs and eco transport in general, in China at least it seems they are not the tuk-tuk exhaust spewing generation they were 20-30 years ago and I think Im correct is saying the produce most of the worlds Solar PV panels.

But there you have the eco conundrum, electric cars, yay eco friendly!
Electricity generated by coal, nay not eco friendly.

Most of the electricity in China comes from coal power, which accounted for 62% of electricity generation in 2021 and is a big part of greenhouse gas emissions by China.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:29 - 17 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and Greta has been arrested. Maybe subject to a strip search at the police station Mr. Angry Scotsman. Laughing

Greta Thunberg detained
(thats arrested in BBC speak when they don't want to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth Wink )at Fossil Free London protest

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-67136772

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:21 - 17 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another prearranged and performative arrest. This'll be about the 5th this year.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:00 - 18 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:
A100man wrote:

Mate, I've shot loads over some questionable shit and been so fucking horny I'd fuck the hole in a dolphin's head but there are some places even I do not tread Laughing

Come on, I think she looks more up for it these days..

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/976/cpsprodpb/1540F/production/_131455078_8c73f6a5-07e4-4ce9-84da-87bff8f932a6.jpg

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:41 - 18 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oily Money Out...

...throbbing d*ck in?

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:49 - 18 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I genuinely thought I was the most fucked up cunt on here but you two are proving me wrong Laughing

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:03 - 18 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imagine getting paid to show up somewhere, be obnoxious, get arrested, have loads of press and PR about your activities. That is your actual job. That's what you get paid to do, the more arrests the better.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4