Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Suzuki A100 wiring diagram?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Bloater
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 10:54 - 16 Oct 2023    Post subject: Suzuki A100 wiring diagram? Reply with quote

Morning all, I thought I'd try my luck with the collective and see if anyone can possibly help me out?

I'm lucky enough to own a 1980 Suzuki A100 N that has been in the family since new. I have recently had chance to restore it but unfortunately I'm having problems with the lights and blowing bulbs. I have the Haynes manual but, although there are several wiring diagrams for different models included mine does not appear to be one of them. Although there are several similar wires on mine that correspond to the last diagram there are also several that don't. The current wiring appears to be original however I don't think its covered in the manual I have.

My bike has a 4 position, 9 wire ignition and a lighting ceramic resistor as well as a rectifier. None of the manual diagrams show this configuration or all of the associated colours.

If anyone can help, or would possibly have a wiring diagram, I would be really grateful for any input.

Thanks in advance

Bloater

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:08 - 16 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Un regulated AC lighting could be part of the problem..

Thers's a diagram in the back on my owners manual - if you have yours (since owned from new)
that migth help, otherwise I'll try and upload a picture of mine (diagram Rolling Eyes ).

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Bloater
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 11:52 - 16 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, many thanks for your prompt reply.

I do have a owners manual and I thought that I had checked, I will definitely take another look when I get home though.

However, if you did get a chance to upload yours that would be really helpful and much appreciated.

Thanks again

Bloater

Bloater
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 17:18 - 16 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Just to keep things updated.

I got home this afternoon and checked the hand book as suggested............We'll like you said there, right at the back, was indeed a wiring diagram, however, then I remembered, I had looked before but, it was for the French model, not mine Sad .

Then it happened the 'Homer' moment, 'DOHHHHHH'!!

I unfolded it (which I'd never done before), turned it over and 'low and behold' the UK version! It's exactly what I needed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Thank you for your suggestion if it wasn't for you sharing your thoughts I would have still have been endlessly searching the net whilst all the time I had the genuine Suzuki article sitting in my spare bedroom.

All the best and thanks again

Bloater

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:46 - 16 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloater wrote:
Hi

Just to keep things updated.

I got home this afternoon and checked the hand book as suggested............We'll like you said there, right at the back, was indeed a wiring diagram, however, then I remembered, I had looked before but, it was for the French model, not mine Sad .

Then it happened the 'Homer' moment, 'DOHHHHHH'!!

I unfolded it (which I'd never done before), turned it over and 'low and behold' the UK version! It's exactly what I needed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Thank you for your suggestion if it wasn't for you sharing your thoughts I would have still have been endlessly searching the net whilst all the time I had the genuine Suzuki article sitting in my spare bedroom.

All the best and thanks again

Bloater

Thumbs Up All's well that ends well. Bizarrely mine has 'Pakistan' version on one side and 'All other markets' on the other..

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1