Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Suzuki GSR 750 exhaust can swap

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

GSR750guy
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 10:28 - 22 Oct 2023    Post subject: Suzuki GSR 750 exhaust can swap Reply with quote

Hello all, new forum member here.

I have a 2011 Suzuki GSR750 which I'm looking to swap the original ugly can to a nice aftermarket one. Still deciding on the can Mr. Green

I've been doing the usual online research about the process and I'm looking for advice about whether I'd need to remove the exhaust servo and fit a servo eliminator etc

Basically if anyone could give me advice of what's required to fit an aftermarket can that would be appreciated.

Also, it recently went through an mot and the mechanic said my handlebars are bent. Left side is closer to the tank on full lock than the right side. He said the forks etc are all fine but upon looking at my handle bar across the top yoke it looks as if it's not sitting level across the way. I'll try adding a picture for reference where you can see that the handlebar isnt alligned to the yoke and sitting slightly lower on the the left side as you look top down. Should that just be an adjustment to the handlebar clamps needed?? Haven't taken the handlebar off the bike, but it looks to be the right shape. Hoping it's an easy fix as I'm looking at nearly £200 for a bar Shocked

Thanks in advance

J

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:28 - 22 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. Very Happy

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:28 - 22 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't really tell much from that photo. Maybe take a photo showing the bars on full lock on each side?

Anyway, unless it's been dropped I doubt the bars are bent, I'd go more with a slight twist in the forks or something similar.

GSR750guy
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 20:08 - 22 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Can't really tell much from that photo. Maybe take a photo showing the bars on full lock on each side?

Anyway, unless it's been dropped I doubt the bars are bent, I'd go more with a slight twist in the forks or something similar.

The left handlebar does go closer to the tank than the right but only by about a centimetre if that. The mechanic showed it to me but then said my forks etc were all good so he thought it was a bent handlebar. It hasn't been dropped to my knowledge, but it was delivered by a transport company so I'm thinking maybe the straps could have pulled the bars out of alignment if they were put on too tight?? The pic is to show that the handlebar isnt running straight across the yoke and in asking if the bar was bent at the grip area would it show as sitting out of alignment across the two clamps at the yoke. Just trying to get advice before I start having to remove switches etc to get the bar off and check if it's wonky. Reason I'm asking is I've watched a few videos where a bent handlebar would be the rarest most unlikely cause of the problem I have.

jeffyjeff
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:23 - 22 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the bars and forks are straight, you might consider that the tank might not be positioned properly on the frame. Might be something as simple as a rubber bushing not seated properly. 5mm offset to one side would affect the handlebar to tank dimension by a centimeter, lock to lock.

blurredman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:22 - 23 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your arms and wrists feel the same then I'd forget about the handlebar. Even a slighly bent bar will make you feel all weird and not symetrical bodywise.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1