Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Should the UK deport all Hamas supporters?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Should the UK deport all Hamas supporters?
Yes
81%
 81%  [ 18 ]
No
18%
 18%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 22

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:42 - 26 Oct 2023    Post subject: Should the UK deport all Hamas supporters? Reply with quote

I have seen lately obscene scenes from the UK with Hamas supporters chanting in London.

Sweden and Germany will deport all Hamas supporters.

https://www.turkiyenewspaper.com/politics/16823

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/german-interior-minister-calls-deportation-hamas-supporters-2023-10-20/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:03 - 26 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can't even deport rapists and murderers. How the fcuk are we gonna deport all those terrorist sympathisers?.....There's millions of 'em.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 20:03 - 26 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have already said they are going to revoke the visas of anyone who acted illegally. Letters were sent out on Monday.

I don't think supporting Hamas is in itself illegal. Inciting violence or being a member of Hamas is.

A summary of the interview with the minister I listened to was that they aren't going to revoke your visa for attending a protest and waving a Palestinian flag. They are if you were waving a Palestinian flag while frothing at the mouth and screaming for Jihad.

So revoked visas for actual crime, not thought crime.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:07 - 26 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

“(Sweden) may deport Hamas supporters,”

If we (Germany) are able to deport Hamas supporters, we must,”

Not gonna happen.

How would you answer your own question, Val?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 20:44 - 26 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

That pesky ECHR is going to come into play. Doesn't matter what the Swedish or German government think, it's not their decision.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:54 - 26 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
So revoked visas for actual crime, not thought crime.

That means reversing a decade of policing. Pretty much need to fire them all and start again.

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:00 - 26 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
A summary of the interview with the minister I listened to was that they aren't going to revoke your visa for attending a protest and waving a Palestinian flag. They are if you were waving a Palestinian flag while frothing at the mouth and screaming for Jihad.

The useless, spineless fuckwits at The Met have chosen to decide that the word jihad might not actually mean jihad Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:15 - 26 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raffles wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:

The useless, spineless fuckwits at The Met have chosen to decide that the word jihad might not actually mean jihad Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

We all know what was meant by the protestor but his lawyer would get him acquitted by claiming it has some other meanings. It doesn’t matter what a government elected with an 80-seat majority declares (albeit some of those are Lib Dem’s at heart but they recognised that brand is poisoned) when opposition lawyers can use such technicalities to get their clients off. That fact should concern voters of all persuasions. Still, I’d expect the police to arrest.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:02 - 26 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hamas supporters or people who just don't want palestinians killed because of Hamas and israeli actions? If it's the latter, most of Celtics supporters are going to get letters.

I'll point out that there hasn't been an election in Gaza since 2006 when Hamas last retained power so it's hardly a democratic state and Hamas can't really say they actually have popular support of the current electorate.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:03 - 26 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

No - this is a European problem where people watch TV or view clips on social media showing riots, and form views based on what the box shows rather than on statistics.

There is no data on how many Hamas supporters there are in the UK. It's a crime to support Hamas in the UK. Doubtless, there will be some criminals who support Hamas. However, there are many proscribed organisations in the UK, whose support is outlawed, and which nevertheless have supporters and even members.

The penalty of deportation pales in significance compared with the maximum sentence applicable in the case of someone guilty of supporting a proscribed organisation (which is 14 years' imprisonment and/or a fine).

What complicates this issue somewhat is that support for Hamas is easily conflated with support for the Palestinian cause. For example, someone might attend a rally and lawfully protest about something, while in their immediate vicinity someone is openly, and criminally, supporting Hamas.

I'm not going to pretend everything is OK here, because it isn't. This is becoming a fractured society and I expect serious civil unrest and public order problems. However, deportation is not a solution to this for various reasons, including:

1) Interpretation of what might constitute Hamas support (e.g. presence in a place, being among a group one of which supports Hamas)
2) Implementation of deportation in the case of British citizen Hamas supporters (e.g. even members of Parliament) - where do you deport them and would this increase disorder and support for Hamas
3) Secret projects involving UK intel or counter-intel, foreign nationals with diplomatic immunity, crisis actors, etc.
4) People with transitory views and opinions, isolated people, mentally ill, etc.

I don't have a solution but I think it's important to bear in mind that the UK population as a whole does not unreservedly support Israel. Far from it - the Palestinians have a lot of ground support. I'm not talking about immigrants or Muslims - just people with a different opinion or whose opinion may change, etc. My pov is that the UK population has been mined for support by news organisations and lobby groups, and that's the real source of the harm (being caused to the UK) by this issue in the news. The PM spent about 3 weeks going around the world talking about this issue. It was easy to forget which country he is supposed to represent, because he wasn't here and he wasn't talking about here. He was magnifying a conflict happening 2200 miles away, for reasons that are never fully disclosed. The UK pop has to then wade through conspiracy theory and other sources of info and ends up in a place that doesn't do the UK any good at all. You have to bear in mind as well that urban population centres here can have just 2 cops per tens of thousands of disaffected people. The practicalities of this make enforcement a less desirable choice, by whatever means.

It's not under control and yes there's a serious problem. The best we can hope for is that it blows over with no more foreign inteference.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:44 - 26 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Summary expulsion of non-British citizens found supporting Hamas would be enough for most people. It might only amount to a few hundred people but the messaging would be definitive.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:07 - 27 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might as well start somewhere.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 04:56 - 29 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Punch them in the tits and do them up the garry, before deportation. Thumbs Up

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:26 - 29 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Punch them in the tits and do them up the garry, before deportation. Thumbs Up

I sense some of your own personal issues bleeding through here Wink

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:46 - 30 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if you believe the Israeli response to the Hamas violence is beyond what is reasonable and proportionate, then do you think supporters of Israel should be flung out of the country?

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 19:52 - 30 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
What if you believe the Israeli response to the Hamas violence is beyond what is reasonable and proportionate, then do you think supporters of Israel should be flung out of the country?

Although Israel isn't currently a prescribed organisation.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:20 - 30 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

Reasonable and proportionate? They are at war. The government of Gaza, Hamas, attacked Isreal with no warning, killing and taking civilians hostage and you talk about being reasonable and proportionate?

If there are still Israeli people being held hostage than as far as I am concerned Israel is doing everything it should to get them back and if that means dead Gazans, then tough. I'm not a fan of Israel but at least it tries to look after it's citizens. If it was our lot who had lost a couple of hundred hostages they would just be sitting on their butts, wringing their hands saying 'pleeeeaaase give them back'.

All these people protesting don't seem to care that it wasn't Israel that kicked off here and but are now whining because they are retaliating.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 20:41 - 30 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

All these people protesting don't seem to care that it wasn't Israel that kicked off here and but are now whining because they are retaliating.

Well, if we're getting right down to it, Israel did kick off. We're well into the second half by now. It's like tweedle dum and tweedle dee.

Do we think if someone could finger-snap Hamas away instantaneously, Israel would lose all interest in Gaza and the West Bank and leave them to get on with their lives?

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:44 - 30 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
at least it tries to look after it's citizens.

Netenyahooooo kind of failed on that score didn't he.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:02 - 30 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Hamas did to Israeli civilians is horrific and cannot be justified by anyone.

By the same token, the Israeli persecution of Palestinians is equally horrific, has been going on for fucking years, and cannot be justified.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:07 - 30 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole area is a history of one massacre followed by retaliation.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:45 - 31 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
What Hamas did to Israeli civilians is horrific and cannot be justified by anyone.

By the same token, the Israeli persecution of Palestinians is equally horrific, has been going on for fucking years, and cannot be justified.

Justified by whom? Hamas think they are doing the world a favour massacring Jews and the Israelis believe they've been very patient with the people on their land. Who's standards are we running with?

There are no unbiased opinions from anyone in the Middle East you can trust. The US, Russia and China all have their own interests that override any consideration of decency. The European countries arguably set this all in motion by losing WW2 and with it their empires...

Wait, I have it! Let's ask the U.N. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:02 - 31 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't see why it's so difficult to say to Netenyahu "your a f#ckwhit and your doing it all wrong and if you cant get that through your thick skull then your country is f#cked" but ya know in more diplomatic terms.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:42 - 31 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed Bitcoin is up, I wonder if Netenhayu holds?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:48 - 31 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
I noticed Bitcoin is up, I wonder if Netenhayu holds?

Probably one for the other thread but the triple deficit threat in the US is pushing up the price of gold and other related "flight to safety" assets.

There's also the likes of Blackrock, etc. getting into trading crypto as part of their funds just like shares and bonds.
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3