Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

American Democracy - an oxymoron?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:24 - 29 Dec 2023    Post subject: American Democracy - an oxymoron? Reply with quote

Donald Trump blocked from Maine presidential ballot in 2024

We need to protect Our Democracy™ by dictating who you can vote for Rolling Eyes

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:28 - 29 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you think Europe or the UK are any better?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:55 - 29 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter what you think of Trump, I like him, you have to admit that he has been the most hounded President ever in the history of America, no matter what they have thrown at him he has come out virtually clean, well clean enough. I doubt that Obama, The Clintons and definitely Biden and his clan could put up to so much scrutiny.

You can see other countries being looked down upon and we are told that they are not democracies because they are doing to their opposition leader the very same that the democrats are doing to Trump.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:15 - 29 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sooner we understand that Trump or Biden or Reagan or Thatcher or Blair or Yeltsin or Putin or multinationals or Bezos or Musk are the absolute scum of this world the better.

Liking Trump is beyond comprehension.
I can’t think of one leader during my time that has been honest or honourable. Not one.

Mother Teresa Nelson Mandela Elvis Jimi Saville John Lennon all praised all cnuts. ‘They did do good things though didn’t they?’ Well I once read that Fred West did patios at a reasonable rate.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:14 - 29 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

trump would get my vote simply for the way he winds up lefties.
more entertaining than anything that comes out of Hollywood these days.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 18:46 - 29 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
trump would get my vote simply for the way he winds up lefties.

Some people don't want to make the world a better place, they just want to win regardless of the overall effect.

Wankers.

If not winning at all costs but wanting to make the world a better place makes me a leftie, I'm sinister as fuck.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:26 - 29 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want the world to be a better place you're definitely not a Leftie Smile

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:50 - 29 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

I'm sinister as fuck.

id definitely sleep with one eye open around you Nobby Laughing

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:27 - 29 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:

I'm sinister as fuck.

id definitely sleep with one eye open around you Nobby Laughing

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/dexter

Sinister means left side.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:57 - 16 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the orange man is back with a vengence.

Donald Trump has won a landslide victory in the Iowa caucuses, cementing his status as the clear frontrunner for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-us-canada-67973518

It's worth it just to see the frothing at the mouth from certain parties. Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:16 - 16 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

And off the back of that Vivek OhSoSmarmy has dropped out. Pretty obviously he's lining himself up for the VP pick or a cabinet position, given how far his nose is up Trump's arse Sick

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:49 - 17 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least one can laff at Trumpisms coz he's a bit of a public clown.

Laffing at a Geriatric with Alzheimer is maybe not appropriate

Nute
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 09:21 - 17 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m just amazed that the best they can come up with are a geriatric who can’t find his way out of a small room and an insecure oaf who thinks the truth is whatever he says it is. Yes I know, we had one of the latter for a while.

I just cannot se how Trump can win anything when one of the alternative choices is Haley who seems competent and relatively sane.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:09 - 17 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nute wrote:
I’m just amazed that the best they can come up with are a geriatric who can’t find his way out of a small room and an insecure oaf who thinks the truth is whatever he says it is. Yes I know, we had one of the latter for a while.

I just cannot se how Trump can win anything when one of the alternative choices is Haley who seems competent and relatively sane.

For all his faults Trump is an American first. If it doesn't benefit America and Americans he isn't interested. He's also anti migrant and anti PC and woke. There's a hell of a lot of Americans who will vote for that. TBH If there was an English potential PM like that I'd probably vote for him irrespective of party.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:55 - 17 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
TBH If there was an English potential PM like that I'd probably vote for him irrespective of party.

When Nigel Farage steps in as Tory party leader after the 2024 election drubbing your wish may be granted Laughing

Seriously though the above is some sort of Fantasy Politics joke that's doing the rounds at the moment Rolling Eyes

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:26 - 17 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
TBH If there was an English potential PM like that I'd probably vote for him irrespective of party.

When Nigel Farage steps in as Tory party leader after the 2024 election drubbing your wish may be granted Laughing

Seriously though the above is some sort of Fantasy Politics joke that's doing the rounds at the moment Rolling Eyes

Farage will never get anywhere in politics because no floating voter will ever change their mind to vote for him. He's way too marmite.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:48 - 17 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

FTFY
Easy-X wrote:

We need to protect Our Democracy™ by dictating who you can vote for preventing criminals get in power:roll:

What exactly is your BS against courts deciding what is lawfull and what not? Last time I have checked democracy does not mean anarchy,

Quote:
The Trump campaign has already said it will lodge an appeal in the state's courts against the Maine ruling, which won't take effect while the legal process plays out.

Quote:

“Being democratic is not enough, a majority cannot turn what is wrong into right. In order to be considered truly free, countries must also have a deep love of liberty and an abiding respect for the rule of law.”

― Margaret Thatcher

to v or not to v wrote:
do you think Europe or the UK are any better?

You mean EU and UK still have rule of law? The answer is yes.

Although if baked beans gang get in power this may change Laughing
https://img.huffingtonpost.com/asset/6495ee0a2200006200b20fa1.png

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:44 - 17 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nute wrote:

Haley gets my vote. (FWIIW).

Over the years I seem to have changed tack in my election strategy.
I evolved from emotionally driven voting to Tactically considered voting and now using the best system I can see, this far, as logical.

The prettiest candidate.

Truss looked worthwhile but fell at the first.

The last Scotch parliamentary Election produced a devastating result. (In a purely sexist/resist way.)

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:17 - 17 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val proves he/she/it is a robot: I never mentioned democracy, it's specifically Our Democracy that's being defended.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:50 - 17 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Val proves he/she/it is a robot: I never mentioned democracy, it's specifically Our Democracy that's being defended.

When you say 'our democracy' do you mean the one where our PM is trying to make a law where civil servants are expected to ignore the law when instructed to follow ministerial instructions?

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:20 - 18 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

When you say 'our democracy' do you mean the one where our PM is trying to make a law where civil servants are expected to ignore the law when instructed to follow ministerial instructions?

Fk the civil servants.

We either torpedo the small boats at sea or pull the rug out from under the civil servants.

(They are a bunch of kunts in the foreign office/immigration sector anyway.)

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:36 - 18 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Laws must be strictly administered regardless of the will of the people or the destruction evoked in their enforcement.

Civil servants hate democracy

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:04 - 18 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orange man bad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh0PBr6ZUN0

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:49 - 18 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

If you go through Gary Shitter's phone 'Creepy Joe's number might be in it.

(I think Scotland Yard are forensically searching Shitter's phone.)

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:52 - 19 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

Laffing at a Geriatric with Alzheimer is maybe not appropriate

Laughing at Biden could get you a lengthy prison sentence, bankrupt from trying to defend yourself, your Lawyers prosecuted for being Lawyers, or have some sort of fatal accident or illness.
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2