Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

New EU federation state do you support it?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

New EU federation state do you support the creation of it?
Yes what happens to EU is matter of EU parliament
42%
 42%  [ 6 ]
No if EU does that UK will leave ECHR and the Solar system
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Don't know and care
28%
 28%  [ 4 ]
Like Farage I support Putin & Russian federation from Ural to the Atlantic ocean
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 14

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:51 - 30 Jan 2024    Post subject: New EU federation state do you support it? Reply with quote

The changes currently under consideration would transform the EU from a confederation of sovereign countries into a unitary federal entity, with its central government presiding over partially self-governing nation states.

In Europe, the treaty revision process is already underway with fundamental changes in 10 key areas, including EU foreign, security and defense policy. And as a concrete step toward such changes, a Committee on Constitutional Affairs report, which will form the European Parliament’s inputat a treaty revision convention, was recently approved

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/sv/press-room/20231023IPR08163/eu-treaties-reform-meps-submit-proposals-to-strengthen-eu-capacity-to-act
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:15 - 30 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... looks like we got out just in time Shocked

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 18:54 - 30 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wonder why Brexit. THIS is excactly why.

While members, the UK would have vetoed the shit out of it but there were and are moves afoot to seriously limit veto powers of member states and there's only so long you can hold stuff like this back. Got out while we still could.

Plus, if other member state MEPs are anything like the calliber of the UK ones, they shouldn't really be left in charge of anything, let alone running a continent-sized federal state. Being an MEP for the UK was a shit-tier political appointment populated by ineffective handwringers and people of outlying political persuasions who couldn't hack it in an actual job of politics. Turnout for elections was low as there was no appetite for turning out to dignify the list of halfwits, ideallists and misfits with something that looked like a mandate. European council appointments were either a way of getting rid of troublemakers or outright cronyism.

Best of luck to them. Enjoy life in the circus clown version of the 4th Reich.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:14 - 30 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Wow... looks like we got out just in time Shocked

Yep. Those poor bastards. Come back Val, before it’s too late.

Its not like anyone saw this coming… Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DaddyStu
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 19:34 - 30 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gives us a big German-led rival on our doorstep. No doubt they'll start building up a euro-army then too.

As long as they keep visa free travel though I wont be too concerned Wink

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:00 - 31 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whittling, bleeding-heart, Guardian-reading remainers have little idea of what they are really missing...
..which is really fuck-nothing.
Everyone still gets holidays for cheap in the med and roam like home their phone. .
..they may wank on about how the kids can no longer join 'Erasmus' but the uptake in the Uk was neglible anyway. You can even get residency easily enough if you wnat to spend more than 180 days/year in your second EU home.. Rolling Eyes Today I hear we have rejoined Horizon european research programs cheme (not that we actaully left) but frankly I'm sceptical about that, and think we could have spen the money better ourselves .This year our tapered residual contribution to EU budget drops from 12bn to 2bn ( I think) so now we also get some financial reward for the break.

Some small businesses trading with EU will have unfortunately been disadvantaged since, as a trading co-op, the EEC was a decent idea but the gravy train merchants like Martin Shultz, van Rompey, Delors etc.. pushed it too far. For now, for 99% of folk - I still think we're better off out..

While we're at it - Brexit was what won the Tories the last election. Nothing else. Now its done and Labour have vowed not to meddle they will be a shoe-in and probably rightly so.

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:19 - 31 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

EEC was good. EU wasn't.

It might have worked with the original members only but the Eastern European nations are in the EU from what they can get out of it, not from what they can contribute.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:19 - 31 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
It might have worked with the original members only but the Eastern European nations are in the EU from what they can get out of it, not from what they can contribute.

Don't hate the player hate the game. A fantastic club of countries if you have to pay ppl to join Rolling Eyes

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:38 - 31 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaddyStu wrote:
Gives us a big German-led rival on our doorstep. No doubt they'll start building up a euro-army then too.

As long as they keep visa free travel though I wont be too concerned Wink

Also stronger EU with an army will keep russians away.

Last time I have checked we are allies in NATO. EU is not a militray rival to the UK in any form unless you are Farage or Trump supporting Russia. That is a fact.

As I have said:

Quote:
NATO will be stronger with stronger EU army. What is the problem with having stronger army supporting the free west democracy from Russia? Unless you are the traitors Trump and Farage supporting Putin I don't see the problem here? seriously why you guys want the West to be weaker? Do explain.

The European Union has a mix of 30 kinds of tanks, 20 types of planes, and 27 different military offices. The U.S., on the other hand, has just one military headquarters and fewer kinds of tanks and planes. If European countries shared their military resources and worked together more, they might be stronger within NATO and less reliant on the U.S.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fm2Enespxc

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:09 - 31 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

The large western EU countries Germany, Netherlands, Italy, Spain (France not so much) have consistently underpaid their required contribution to Nato/Armed forces which I thnk is 2% GDP.. Now the nasty man has appeared at the door -panic.

Typical EU thinking, even though we're not contributing enough to Nato we'll focus on an alternative with all the additonal bureaucratic overhead that that requires.

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:11 - 31 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:
The large western EU countries Germany, Netherlands, Italy, Spain (France not so much) have consistently underpaid their required contribution to Nato/Armed forces which I thnk is 2% GDP.. Now the nasty man has appeared at the door -panic.

Typical EU thinking, even though we're not contributing enough to Nato we'll focus on an alternative with all the additonal bureaucratic overhead that that requires.

The facts are exactly the opposite. It's less bureaucratic overhead if you decide in one place then in 27 different countries and ahve 27 MoDs. Just saying...

Also if there is EU bidget with say 2% military spending the problem with underfunding will be resolved too.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 18:35 - 31 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will blow most of their budget on designing the uniform. It will take five years of discussion and the issuing of three sub-comittees to standardise the design of the great big hat, one for the material construction, one for the optiomal peak andgle and one to decide the source of gold braid and feathers. Then Italy will pull-out because they want more gold braid than everyone else.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:49 - 31 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
They will blow most of their budget on designing the uniform. It will take five years of discussion and the issuing of three sub-comittees to standardise the design of the great big hat, one for the material construction, one for the optiomal peak andgle and one to decide the source of gold braid and feathers. Then Italy will pull-out because they want more gold braid than everyone else.

The Gerrmans do design a nice uniform though it must be said.

https://od43.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Uniformen_WH_0919_AS_4.jpg

Val will look nice in one of them at the Russian front. Thumbs Up

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 14:00 - 01 Feb 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just think we will be subject to this when we rejoin (which we inevitably will, just a case of when). But being out now we have no input on it.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:12 - 01 Feb 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

That was just cruel and heartless of you to say such a thing.

But I laffed. Laughing

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:13 - 01 Feb 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:
Just think we will be subject to this when we rejoin (which we inevitably will, just a case of when). But being out now we have no input on it.

Welcome back. Laughing Thumbs Up

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:57 - 01 Feb 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

But I laffed. Laughing

I reckon Val already has a couple of those outfits behind a false panel in the wardrobe.

Nute
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 18:30 - 02 Feb 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:

The requirement (supposedly) is that member states spend 2% of GDP on their own military, not give 2% to NATO. Interestingly, those who have been most consistent in doing so are the ex soviet states who remember how it felt to have a Russian boot on their necks and tanks appearing on their streets.

Give them a few years and Poland will have one of the most capable militaries in Europe.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:21 - 03 Feb 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

But I laffed. Laughing

Me too Laughing

I will look nice though Whistle

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:37 - 03 Feb 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

In order to have a federation, you would first need a constitution. The last time someone tried to push that in the EU was in 2004 and the attempt failed, quite presumably. Now, why would it be any different this time around? Especially in the time when the political cycle in many countries is now in the phase of change from the left to the right.

Mind you, 2004 was also a completely different time. Everything seemed hopeful and people in general had a positive approach to building the union. It was also before the Greece issue and many other such inconveniences.

DaddyStu
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 19:59 - 04 Feb 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nute wrote:

Give them a few years and Poland will have one of the most capable militaries in Europe.

They'll have to sleep in tents though cos all their builders are over here!

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:07 - 11 Feb 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
In order to have a federation, you would first need a constitution. The last time someone tried to push that in the EU was in 2004 and the attempt failed, quite presumably. Now, why would it be any different this time around? Especially in the time when the political cycle in many countries is now in the phase of change from the left to the right.

Mind you, 2004 was also a completely different time. Everything seemed hopeful and people in general had a positive approach to building the union. It was also before the Greece issue and many other such inconveniences.

If you don't want the russians to march in Prague again you should support EU army. What kind of plonker hates EU so much he is prepared to support russians instead? What is wrong with you people?

Meanwhile Trump just said he would encourage Russia to attack NATO allies:
Quote:
I said I would not protect our NATO allies. In fact, I would encourage Russia to do whatever the hell they want.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 18:51 - 11 Feb 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Russian troops march on prague that's a job for NATO, which is a lot more than just Europe and the US, and not a Euro army. If there were an EU army it would be under NATO command during any Russian invasion.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:47 - 11 Feb 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
RhynoCZ wrote:

If you don't want the russians to march in Prague again you should support EU army. What kind of plonker hates EU so much he is prepared to support russians instead? What is wrong with you people?

I'm not entirely sure what you're on about. Having an EU army is a completely different question than trying to create a federation. I would be very careful about federalisation of the EU. The EU citizens being not quite happy about the EU bureaucracy and ''dictate from above'' today, imagine what would they say then, in a European Federation.

Also, I thought the BCF would be the last place where people would call other people names because they question the pushed narrative.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:30 - 11 Feb 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
If you don't want the russians to march in Prague again you should support EU army.

The EU Army means nothing compared to NATO.

Would EU members have to increase their defense spending for the EU Army to be setup and run?

How can it be a viable idea when many EU countries who are in NATO are currently spending less than 2% of their GDP on defense?

Who's going to fund it all?

Val wrote:
What kind of plonker hates EU so much he is prepared to support russians instead? What is wrong with you people?

Why would anyone be interested in an EU Army when NATO is a much bigger military power?

You've said that the EU Army would be in NATO but why would NATO want that?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2