Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The war in Europe

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Germany and NATO have 6 years to prepare for war with Putin?
Sounds right
61%
 61%  [ 8 ]
No NATO will help Ukraine with enough weapons to stop Putin
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
No Putin is our friend like Farage and Trump said
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:32 - 17 Feb 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Val wrote:
Trump legacy: Russia limited attack on Baltic states in order to force Europe to stop sending weapons to Ukraine. Russian way to win in Ukraine & try break NATO. Also if US stay neutral in attack on NATO which is most likely under Trump, what is to stop UK or France to do that too? The end of NATO. Putin has nothing to lose in that scenario.

https://i.imgflip.com/8g1a8v.jpg

Exactly. Why everyone acts suprised here. Its not like the same things happened in 2014 and 2022.

Today at NATO Munich security conference Stoltenberg:
Quote:
„No danger for NATO countries „

pure horseshit!

I have heard that 2014 and 2022 no way Putin will do that or this.

Seriously people? Russia economy is at war state. Why Putin should wait for NATO to do the same and not attack now?

Tactical front against Baltic will help him to stop weapons supply to Ukraine too. The cost of 200-300 thousand death Russian soldiers means nothing to him compared to ideological gains plus potential win in Ukraine or just consolidation of whole Russia behind him in the war.

And give Trump more reasons to isolate from the war in Europe and withdraw America completely.

Europe is fcuked if the US and Europe don't sort out their shit pronto and I am not holding my breath here. I hope I am wrong.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:13 - 17 Feb 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
I hope I am wrong.

Hey, why buck the trend?

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:57 - 17 Feb 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Why Putin should wait for NATO to do the same and not attack now?

You’re still trying to ignore the fact that NATO is a defence treaty. Putin would love NATO to attack first, he’d then have carte blanche. It won’t happen. On the other hand he knows an attack on a NATO country would be ruinous for Russia, and so far he’s respected that certainty. What you seem to want is an EU military bent on attacking anyone it doesn’t like, with none of the self-imposed limitations.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DaddyStu
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 18:56 - 18 Feb 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:

Seriously people? Russia economy is at war state. Why Putin should wait for NATO to do the same and not attack now?
I hope I am wrong.

M.A.D.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:21 - 18 Feb 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Today at NATO Munich security conference Stoltenberg:
Quote:
„No danger for NATO countries „

pure horseshit!

An EU Army would be more of a deterrent than NATO is to Putin?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:56 - 19 Feb 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely the point of an EU army is to exit NATO and stick two fingers up to the USA?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 10:22 - 19 Feb 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the Euro army would be able to act where NATO would not be able to as well as when NATO mobilises. (i.e. not a direct attack on a NATO country but peacekkeeping etc.)

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:01 - 19 Feb 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Surely the point of an EU army is to exit NATO and stick two fingers up to the USA?

NATO IS European.
We invited the Americans to join later.

I don't understand why we gripe at the USA wanting others to contribute their fair dues?

Many countries have been cruising on us strength in NATO for too long now. They never saw the threats.

The ruskies have repeatedly threatened European countries with nuclear strikes.

It must be time to put the Markist fire out once and for all.

Or rather, time to end the criminals who profit by hiding behind communism and religion.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:19 - 19 Feb 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see anyone relying on the Americans for anything much by the end of the year given the (lack of) choices for President.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:36 - 21 Feb 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaddyStu wrote:
M.A.D.

Very much this. Mutually Assured Destruction is probably the one thing keeping a fragile peace. I imagine if Russia had ICBM's and no one else did, things might be different. This is why I didn't have any qualms of conscience working on the Successor Nuclear Subs, scrapping trident might be the wet dream of the limp dems / SNP but a point blank hit from a tactical nuke would make them think again.

That quote from Val just sounds like the EU trying to get more money. If putin gets backed into a corner and decides he's taking the rest of us down with him, an EU army would do then exactly what it would do now: Sweet fcuk all.

DaddyStu
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 21:59 - 21 Feb 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
scrapping trident might be the wet dream of the limp dems / SNP but a point blank hit from a tactical nuke would make them think again.

Might just hit ourselves! Havent had a successful test since 2012.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:19 - 21 Feb 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

The missiles are actually yank ones. It's only the nukes that are our design.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:46 - 21 Feb 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Owning up to the Trident failure(s) seems bonkers.

DaddyStu
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 23:51 - 21 Feb 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

Yeah seems weird to discuss your deterrent so openly. They probably had to inform the Ruskies about the test (like the US do) so they'd have been monitoring.

The new gen US ICBM missile tests have been hit and miss too. Western missile tech falling behind?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:30 - 22 Feb 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasn't there always been a gaggle of defence contractors eager to see Trident fail so the government has to buy new toys?

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:28 - 22 Feb 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I'm sure there was a reason for this. My guess is that someone somewhere wants to scare the population into making more defence spending a vote-winner. Just watch - come the general election the Tories will miraculously find some money and will promote themselves as the party that cares about our defence.....

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:25 - 22 Feb 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaddyStu wrote:
Western missile tech falling behind?

Seems that way Pale

Dang, where's that EU army when you need it?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2