JT chains

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Tierbirdy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 22:10 - 10 Mar 2024    Post subject: JT chains Reply with quote

Anyone used a JT chain?

My go-to is almost always a JT sprockets and DID chain kit. Looking for one for my FZ1 and seen the front sprocket has a rubber cushion on it. Only kit I can find that sells them with a rubber cushion rather than just metal sprocket comes with a JT chain rather than DID.

Mixed reviews online, all from 10+ years ago, saying JT chains are either absolute shite, or the bestest chains ever made. So not much help.

So has anyone in the real world actually used them and got any thoughts?

Or just bin off the rubber sprocket anyway as apparently all it does is make your chain a bit quieter, and go for a JT & DID kit?

Fullers1845
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 12:22 - 14 Mar 2024    Post subject: Re: JT chains Reply with quote

Tierbirdy wrote:
Anyone used a JT chain?

My go-to is almost always a JT sprockets and DID chain kit. Looking for one for my FZ1 and seen the front sprocket has a rubber cushion on it. Only kit I can find that sells them with a rubber cushion rather than just metal sprocket comes with a JT chain rather than DID.

Mixed reviews online, all from 10+ years ago, saying JT chains are either absolute shite, or the bestest chains ever made. So not much help.

So has anyone in the real world actually used them and got any thoughts?

Or just bin off the rubber sprocket anyway as apparently all it does is make your chain a bit quieter, and go for a JT & DID kit?

Don't know about JT chains, but regarding rubber front sprockets: I fitted a DID chain and JT sprocket kit recently to my ZX6R, the front sprocket that came off had a rubber cush but the kit one was solid.
Drove me batshit crazy with the chain noise and so I bought a rubber front sprocket separately which quietened it back down again.
I don't think the rubber sprocket was too spiteful, £14 for a JT one.
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1