Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Policing in Scotland

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:37 - 31 Mar 2024    Post subject: Policing in Scotland Reply with quote

Scotland are introducing a more universal 'hate' crime law for everything and the kitchen sink rather than just racism. OK, nothing much unusual there but this bit made me prick up my ears (or eyes Wink )

Ch Supt Hay told the BBC's Sunday Show that when the criminal threshold for the legislation is not met the force would still record details.

A couple of things here and please correct me if I am wrong but isn't it the CPS that decides on if a crime has been committed and whether a prosecution takes place, not the police. Don't they just report the facts to the CPS? And if that is the case are the police allowed to put 'markers' against your records even if you have done nothing criminally wrong? It's not like you are a suspected terrorist is it.

Also, i wouldn't trust the police to have a scoobies about what constitutes hate crime with regard to what what this MP said -

Scottish Tory MSP Murdo Fraser recently threatened the force with legal action for doing this, as officers logged a social media comment he made as a "hate incident". Mr Fraser had likened identifying as non-binary to identifying "as a cat" in relation to Scottish government equality policies last November. Police decided there was no criminality.

Bloody hell, better stop singing 'I'm a little teapot' to whenever someones asks my gender or I'll be right in the sh1t.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cd18ey5ze3yo

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:23 - 31 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

It becomes more difficult to raise objections to State corruption from inside a prison cell.

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:34 - 31 Mar 2024    Post subject: Re: Policing in Scotland Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
OK, nothing much unusual there but this bit made me prick up my ears (or eyes Wink )

Ch Supt Hay told the BBC's Sunday Show that when the criminal threshold for the legislation is not met the force would still record details.

We've had something similar in England and Wales for some time:-
Non-Crime Hate Incident Catch-All Bollocks....

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:35 - 01 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Non-crime hate incident (NCHI)
An incident or alleged incident which involves or is alleged to involve an act by a person (‘the subject’) which is perceived by a person other than the subject to be motivated - wholly or partly - by hostility or prejudice towards persons with a particular characteristic.

From what we've seen so far "an act" can be as minimal as part of a private conversation taken out of context by a third party Shocked

However, the guidelines have a whole section on "Freedom of Speech" where the government run through all the times the police had their butts handed to them by the courts. Mostly down to Harry Miller.

<addendum> with regards to the Scottish law:

Quote:
Just last month the national force said it was no longer able to investigate every "low level" crime, including some cases of theft and criminal damage.

It has, however, pledged to investigate every hate crime complaint it receives.

Subjective Thought Crime > Objective Physical Crime

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:00 - 02 Apr 2024    Post subject: Re: Policing in Scotland Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Scotland are introducing a more universal 'hate' crime law for everything and the kitchen sink rather than just racism. OK, nothing much unusual there but this bit made me prick up my ears (or eyes Wink )

A couple of things here and please correct me if I am wrong but isn't it the CPS that decides on if a crime has been committed and whether a prosecution takes place, not the police. Don't they just report the facts to the CPS? And if that is the case are the police allowed to put 'markers' against your records even if you have done nothing criminally wrong? It's not like you are a suspected terrorist is it.

Also, i wouldn't trust the police to have a scoobies about what constitutes hate crime with regard to what what this MP said -

Scottish Tory MSP Murdo Fraser recently threatened the force with legal action for doing this, as officers logged a social media comment he made as a "hate incident". Mr Fraser had likened identifying as non-binary to identifying "as a cat" in relation to Scottish government equality policies last November. Police decided there was no criminality.

Bloody hell, better stop singing 'I'm a little teapot' to whenever someones asks my gender or I'll be right in the sh1t.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cd18ey5ze3yo

Stay in your lane Lady.

CPS has no jurisdiction in Bonnie Scotland.

We have a Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service.

Police sent reports to the COPFS for decisions.

Or.... you take a case to court yourself.

Don't hate me for that.

(We have laws about that now. )

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:04 - 03 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piss off you Jockstrap.

A real Lady has taken up the gauntlet.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-68712471

and no one is going to take her on are they Yousaf?

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:14 - 03 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathan Pie on The Scottish Hate Crime Bill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28eApJT8hDE

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:16 - 03 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaNsA wrote:

Laughing Thanks for that.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:50 - 03 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Piss off you Jockstrap.

Doesn't work though. Laurence Fox tweets a meme but it's the people who retweet it that get arrested.

At least we have it spelt out with this law that everything revolves around how the police wish to interpret it. "Not criminal" because the police say so. Not the courts. Not the politicians. Not the public.

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:26 - 03 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
CaNsA wrote:

Laughing Thanks for that.

Very Happy

He's not wrong though.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:56 - 03 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Piss off you Jockstrap.

My money is on Lady Penelope.

My election strategy is paying out dividends now.

I only give my full support and vote to the fittest birds.

I don't trouble my self with whatever policies they plan to implement.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:05 - 03 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Piss off you Jockstrap.

Doesn't work though. Laurence Fox tweets a meme but it's the people who retweet it that get arrested.

At least we have it spelt out with this law that everything revolves around how the police wish to interpret it. "Not criminal" because the police say so. Not the courts. Not the politicians. Not the public.

The new law is like one of those laws that African cuntries introduce to curb the practice of men putting their peepee in other men's poopoo hole.

Shaky as f.

Good laws must be tested and proven to be robust and just.

This word salad our glorious Haggis Harmers have trumped up will not stand that test.

The same circus act hadn't even decide what to use as currency for an independent Scotland.
The same stazi group that put a convicted rapist in a woman's prison.

The caravan club are even looking closely at the Special Needs Party membership of The Caravan Club too.
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1