Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The Slow Invasion

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:20 - 03 Apr 2024    Post subject: The Slow Invasion Reply with quote

Weather is the controlling factor on how many Illegals arrive on UK shores.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/migrants-detected-crossing-the-english-channel-in-small-boats/migrants-detected-crossing-the-english-channel-in-small-boats-last-7-days

Choppy Seas keep them on the French side of the channel

Plus, The RNLI are permitted to return them to France but the RNLI refuse to 'repatriate' to France.

I've not put a penny in an RNLI box since they adopted theor policy of enablement.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:02 - 03 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a huge list of problems and complications involced for RNLI to get them back on to dry land in France.

Each boat, generally returns to where it is launched from, where there is a shore crew ready to help, where they know the waters, and know they can easily get passengers to disembark, and they are in English waters with radio cover from coastguard, French fishermen will chat on marine band zero.......

If they go to France and back, they likely do not have enought fuel, certainly not on the inshore boats, and each station runs independtly of one one another more or less, so Brighton lifeboat, for example, likely would not have the fuel to get to France and back on a shout, and Newhaven or Shoreham are not going to launch their boat to transfer rescued people, to take back over to France.

If they spent time buggering about ferrying people back and forth across the channel, they would effectively put themsevles out of service for hours on end.

Often the fuel is donated, Texaco wouldn't be pleased if there was 1000% rise in cost of fuel donation.

Even if the little inshore lifeboats had the fuel to make it back and forth across the channel, they are not rated beyond a certain distance from shore, or above a certain storm force rating.

When they get near the shore of France, they don't know the coastline, they have no local knowledge of the hazards in the shallows, the little boats don't have the range, the big boats would have to break out the zodiacs and go back and forth mutliple times, and I doubt the French would cooperate

source: I used to be a an RNLI crewman
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:47 - 03 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would a volunteer service supported entirely by public contribution and set up with the sole intention of rescuing anyone in trouble at sea and saving lives be concerned with the political machinations of immigration?

It's not what the RNLI is set up for and it's not their business. It's entirely unreasonable to expect them to be involved.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:13 - 04 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
Why would a volunteer service supported entirely by public contribution and set up with the sole intention of rescuing anyone in trouble at sea and saving lives be concerned with the political machinations of immigration?

It's not what the RNLI is set up for and it's not their business. It's entirely unreasonable to expect them to be involved.

Put like that though, it's was never set up to rescue people who voluntarily put themselves in danger, it was set up to rescue seafarers who came to grief on Britains shores. I and many of my compatriots used to pay monthly to the RNLI. I stopped when they sacked very competant people becayse they had mugs with girls on. The PC era sneaking in to a volounteer organisation. Many others have stopped donating due to the modern RNLI taxi service.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:27 - 04 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately you start getting into the same murky waters (pun intended) as barring fat people or smokers from the NHS. "Broken your leg playing football? Self inflicted, get to the back of the line."

About the only choice the RNLI have is to choose not to rescue people which would require testicular fortitude and a pretty extreme political stance.

Much better if the Royal Navy sunk them all before they got in range of the RNLI Smile

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:57 - 04 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I totally agree, the RNLI hasn't got any choice but to rescue them when they are called upon to do so. Doesn't mean people have to agree with it though.

that_impulse_guy
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 10:28 - 04 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

theres loads of arguments about this and to be upfront my default stance is that this makes me unhappy.

When theyre on the french side, theyre people out on a day trip in a boat, apparently, so the french cant intervene, they say.

when they get to our side, we take it upon ourselves to decide that this boat of happy dayfarers which has reliably made it more than halfway across the channel cant possibly make it the last bit, and needs "rescuing". (that was...originally...I'm aware they puncture the things now and do an SOS which leaves us up a creek without a paddle).

(this conversation context is from an immigrant who had a really shit time of it getting into the country legally via visas 20years ago and so on prior to getting on a aeroplane and now massively pissed off to find out i coulda just rowed from france and saved myself a lot of bother)

Ayrton
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:54 - 04 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant really blame the RNLI, they just want to make sure everyone gets to land safely. I blame the French government for letting them set off in the first place.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:15 - 04 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ayrton wrote:
I blame the French government for letting them set off in the first place.

Free hotels, free food, free mobiles, free money... don't suppose any of that's a factor?

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:30 - 04 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know why we need the RNLI. It's a fact that the service is being g abused by invaders. It is psychotic to bring them ashore at the expense of British citizen's good will.
I would hope that RNLI are 100% compensated for their outlay in ferrying invaders to UK ports.

What I am saying, is that stopping the boats ain't working.

Our volunteer marine rescue service should not be exploited by invader travel gangs.
Having invaders cross in rubber dinghies and other shite is soaking up RNLI efforts.

If they ferry them back to French shores, it's another deterrent to invaders using the channel to access our lands.

It's would be more cost-effective for the tax payers to lifeboat them back than having the costs of housing, feeding and legal representation. (At tax payer's cost.)

Just sayin'.

I know ah'm right on all of this.

Sorry.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:41 - 04 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no requirement to carry I.D. in the UK.

That is a loop hole that invaders exploit.

Even though most adults have a form of I.D.
Drivers licence and cetera.

A spot check would verify a person's identity.

They spot checks would be similar to a wartime status.

As soon as ID cards become mandatory, we would effectively be at war with an enemy.

I think thenwar started in 1945. When we handed back all our weapons.

(Some words were twisted to fit my agenda in the above statement.)

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:01 - 04 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being someone who had to carry a seamans ID card (or passport) for the whole of my working life I honestly can't see why people get so hung up on ID cards. I've never had a problem although to be fair I don't think I have ever worked in a country other than UK that doesn't have ID cards.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:13 - 04 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:

Should deterring people from trying to cross the channel using inflatable dinghies not be of concern to the RNLI as that would save lives?

I'm pretty sure they were never intended to be used a water taxi service which is what they have become.

Do you think that less people would attempt to cross the channel using inflatable dinghies if they knew they would be taken back to France rather than to a hotel?

Islander wrote:

Deterring people from attempting the journey would save lives at sea which is very much their business.

It goes without saying that they would still rescue boats from the channel when needed.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:18 - 04 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Throw them all in camps without mobile phones (or landlines or WiFi) until such time as they can be shipped out (Rwanda, Iran, France, who cares.) Given how long it takes the government to do anything these days they'll be there a while. In the mean time report them all lost at sea. Without TikTok and Instagram none of the swashbucklers' friends over the Channel will be able to verify. After a few hundred have been "reported drowned" they'll soon get the idea. The press are in the pocket of the government so they won't say what's really going on and all that remains is to brand any human rights lawyers complaining they're not really dead as conspiracy theorists. Could probably do with some secluded area to keep them - a UK Guantanamo Bay if you will. I nominate the Isle of Wight. No one of any import lives there beyond the bassist for Level 42...

Or we could just stop handing out free shit Neutral

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:30 - 06 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

Or we could just stop handing out free shit Neutral

I really believe we are going to have to cut major costs if we want to stop the rot. The big question is, presuming that Labour is going to walk the next election and they keep to their promise not to go down the borrowing route what they are going to cut.

We are on the path to becoming 3rd world.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:46 - 06 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Zero Seats" is a campaign everyone can easily get behind for the next election. If the Conservatives aren't reduced to double digits we'll know the system's rigged and by rights they should be down single digits. Killed or badly maimed is the only language they'll understand otherwise it'll be "the results, while disappointing, really show we failed to get our message across" Rolling Eyes

tl;dr traitors are executed.

That's one half of the uniparty dealt with. What to do with Labour?

Obviously voting for them sends the message that they have a mandate for the next 10 years. The ideal situation would be some sizable opposition. The Libdems are proven liars and Reform are run by communists and everyone else is way too small Thinking

AFAIK if you spoil your ballot paper you still get counted as turning out to vote. Maybe just not voting? If almost all the next government got elected on less than 33% turnout (i.e. 15% of the electorate actually voted for them) what would that say?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 10:51 - 06 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reform are communists? What fucking parallel universe are you living in?

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:58 - 06 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

Should deterring people from trying to cross the channel using inflatable dinghies not be of concern to the RNLI as that would save lives?

No. They aren't politicians or any form of border enforcement. Their entire remit is focused on the saving of lives. They're a volunteer service paid for by public donations. The only salaried rescue crew are the coxswains.

Ste wrote:
I'm pretty sure they were never intended to be used a water taxi service which is what they have become.

They rescue people from dangerous situations in UK coastal waters. People in an inflatable rubber dinghy in the middle of one of the busiest shipping lanes in the world used by large heavy ships that cannot manoeuvre or stop quickly is a very dangerous situation indeed. The RNLI don't judge, they act and they save lives.

Ste wrote:
Do you think that less people would attempt to cross the channel using inflatable dinghies if they knew they would be taken back to France rather than to a hotel?

That's a political decision and the only people that would provide that service would be the navy or the coastguard. It would also require French co-operation as well.

Ste wrote:
Deterring people from attempting the journey would save lives at sea which is very much their business.

No it isn't. It's a political problem not a rescue service problem.

Ste wrote:
It goes without saying that they would still rescue boats from the channel when needed.

Which is exactly what they're doing right now. The Channel is a very dangerous place for small, probably overloaded boats. Try kayaking across it some day and see how you get on. Razz

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:06 - 06 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
Ste wrote:

No. They aren't politicians or any form of border enforcement. Their entire remit is focused on the saving of lives. They're a volunteer service paid for by public donations. The only salaried rescue crew are the coxswains.

From the RNLI point of view it's nothing to do with border enforcement and all about saving lives. Would preventing people from attempting the journey in either direction not save lives?

Islander wrote:
Ste wrote:

They rescue people from dangerous situations in UK coastal waters. People in an inflatable rubber dinghy in the middle of one of the busiest shipping lanes in the world used by large heavy ships that cannot manoeuvre or stop quickly is a very dangerous situation indeed. The RNLI don't judge, they act and they save lives.

I agree with all of that.

Were life boats ever intended to be used as water taxi service?

Islander wrote:
Ste wrote:

That's a political decision and the only people that would provide that service would be the navy or the coastguard. It would also require French co-operation as well.

Yes it is a political decision but you've avoided my question. Wink

Islander wrote:
Ste wrote:

No it isn't. It's a political problem not a rescue service problem.

It is a rescue service problem when they're rescuing inflated dinghies. It's a political problem as well but when the RNLI are the ones rescuing the dinghies it is very much their problem.

Islander wrote:
Ste wrote:

Which is exactly what they're doing right now. The Channel is a very dangerous place for small, probably overloaded boats. Try kayaking across it some day and see how you get on. Razz

I have a boat which would be relatively unsuitable so I'll have to pass on kayaking across the channel. Razz For me to just go out and try would be incredibly irresponsible and completely stupid, plenty of people go out paddling in the channel but they have appropriate equipment and experience.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:30 - 06 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

From the RNLI point of view it's nothing to do with border enforcement and all about saving lives. Would preventing people from attempting the journey in either direction not save lives?

Yes of course it would but I was responding to the RNLI side of the argument not the political shenanigans. I stand by my statement that it's not an RNLi problem. They do what they do and that's it.

Ste wrote:
I agree with all of that.

Were life boats ever intended to be used as water taxi service?

Of course not. They're a volunteer rescue service and a very good one too. But again, it's a political problem.

Ste wrote:
Yes it is a political decision but you've avoided my question. Wink

No, they'll just try and try again. Past actions have proved that.

Ste wrote:
It is a rescue service problem when they're rescuing inflated dinghies. It's a political problem as well but when the RNLI are the ones rescuing the dinghies it is very much their problem.

It's a rescue problem, yes. But that's what they're set up to do and do well. They rescue people. The rest is in the hands of politicians.

Ste wrote:
I have a boat which would be relatively unsuitable so I'll have to pass on kayaking across the channel. Razz For me to just go out and try would be incredibly irresponsible and completely stupid, plenty of people go out paddling in the channel but they have appropriate equipment and experience.

Yet if you did and you got into trouble, guess who'd be there to help?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:58 - 06 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Reform are communists? What fucking parallel universe are you living in?

Why do you never read what I type? I said they were run by communists Rolling Eyes

Hate Not Hope dictate who Reform can stand as candidates.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:53 - 09 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

Utterly retarded.

You aren't really a software guy, are you?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:18 - 10 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

Utterly retarded.

You aren't really a software guy, are you?

Hate Not Hope run a hit piece on a Conform candidate and the candidate is dropped in a matter of hours. HnH then brag about it on the social medias. How is that not them running Conform?

Argumentum ad hominem suggests you are lazy.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 09:37 - 10 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do live in a strange version of reality don't you?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:26 - 10 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
You do live in a strange version of reality don't you?

Lazy.
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2