Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Skudd getting his arse kicked again

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:29 - 25 Apr 2024    Post subject: Skudd getting his arse kicked again Reply with quote

Well those who have been long term members may remember about 9 years ago I had Pancreatic Cancer and Sepsis. Both were giving me a good arse kicking and the Grim Reaper was hanging around to say hello.
Well thanks to a wonderful NHS, a wonderful woman, and great support from members of this forum I pulled through, as you can probably tell. Only about 7% last 5 years and even less the 10 years, so 9 years is bloody good.

Well now the little fucker called Cancer has decided to have a go at my liver. When I say have a go I mean really have a go. Turns out that I have a 7cm tumour that's stuck to the blood vessels entering my liver, now that's a bugger, but wait, there is more. The total left hand side of my liver has decided to die all on its own without telling anyone, little fucker. So this means that they can't operate and remove the tumour as I won't have enough liver left to survive. So hopefully chemotherapy will help me.

I'm just at the start of things, so having a biopsy next week to decide which type of chemo will help. Once they find out I will be at Clatterbridge, one of the best cancer units in the country to sort things out.

I wouldn't mind, but I just bought a nice brand new BMW GS 1250 Adventure with all the trimmings and a 5 year service package.

Well I beat pancreatic cancer and I'm sure I will beat this one. However I will be using this thread to moan, whinge and help my mental health from time to time.

Oh what fun.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:47 - 25 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK the liver is capable of fully regenerating. Pick any organ to fuck up, pick the liver Wink If chemo can get you to the point where they can chop out the nasty bits you can certainly make [yet another] comeback Very Happy

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:06 - 25 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

liver you say...

https://i.imgur.com/DXgmLOf.jpg

but in all seriousness, best of luck fella.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:12 - 25 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stay strong, brother.

Dibs.
x

temeluchus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:23 - 25 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worst comes to the worst at least you wont have to pay the finance off.

Im not driving to liverpool to watch you skive off in bed again.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:37 - 25 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double dibs...won't ride it cos the GS is for gimps.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:57 - 26 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of luck pal. Keep the spirits up although of course it's easy to say that from this side. Thumbs Up

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:29 - 26 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

temeluchus wrote:
Worst comes to the worst at least you wont have to pay the finance off.

Im not driving to liverpool to watch you skive off in bed again.

I bastard paid full in cash.

It is a nice new hospital, the food area is fantastic.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:30 - 26 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
Double dibs...won't ride it cos the GS is for gimps.

You're too short to ride it. Laughing

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:59 - 26 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

If being a shade under 5’11 is too short then I’m glad I kept those pretty high heels I got from the charity shop.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:06 - 26 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
If being a shade under 5’11 is too short then I’m glad I kept those pretty high heels I got from the charity shop.

I like you in high heels
Wub

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:28 - 26 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^Told you once won't say it again. No more pics.

Message me if you have money.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 09:18 - 27 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
AFAIK the liver is capable of fully regenerating.

My 40% remaining and inability to drink more than half a pint without crippling pain and wobbliness disagree with you Laughing

Sorry to hear Skudd. Sad

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 10:24 - 27 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, thats a bit shít.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:16 - 27 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck sake, sorry to hear.

Remember visiting you in Whiston all them years ago too. Have they put you under Clatterbridge because of where you live rather than Christies? (Can't remember where you live, sorry).

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:27 - 27 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:

Remember visiting you in Whiston all them years ago too. Have they put you under Clatterbridge because of where you live rather than Christies? (Can't remember where you live, sorry).

Under Clatterbridge as I only live about 8 miles away. About half a mile from Whiston Hospital. The support I had back then was brilliant and helped me be around today.

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:25 - 28 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't but will raed this thread tomorrow.

My wife died within 4 months of diagnosis with pancreatic cancer, it is a cunt of a cancer. Changed my families life forever. I'm actually a bit pissed of that they didn't diagnose it sooner as she had all the symptoms for months before.

Gutted.

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:28 - 28 Apr 2024    Post subject: Re: Skudd getting his arse kicked again Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
Well those who have been long term members may remember about 9 years ago I had Pancreatic Cancer and Sepsis. Both were giving me a good arse kicking and the Grim Reaper was hanging around to say hello.
Well thanks to a wonderful NHS, a wonderful woman, and great support from members of this forum I pulled through, as you can probably tell. Only about 7% last 5 years and even less the 10 years, so 9 years is bloody good.

Well now the little fucker called Cancer has decided to have a go at my liver. When I say have a go I mean really have a go. Turns out that I have a 7cm tumour that's stuck to the blood vessels entering my liver, now that's a bugger, but wait, there is more. The total left hand side of my liver has decided to die all on its own without telling anyone, little fucker. So this means that they can't operate and remove the tumour as I won't have enough liver left to survive. So hopefully chemotherapy will help me.

I'm just at the start of things, so having a biopsy next week to decide which type of chemo will help. Once they find out I will be at Clatterbridge, one of the best cancer units in the country to sort things out.

I wouldn't mind, but I just bought a nice brand new BMW GS 1250 Adventure with all the trimmings and a 5 year service package.

Well I beat pancreatic cancer and I'm sure I will beat this one. However I will be using this thread to moan, whinge and help my mental health from time to time.

Oh what fun.

Can I have your bike?

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:49 - 28 Apr 2024    Post subject: Re: Skudd getting his arse kicked again Reply with quote

struan80 wrote:

Can I have your bike?

Already called it, bruv.

CaNsA wrote:
Stay strong, brother.

Dibs.
x

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:16 - 28 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:

Under Clatterbridge as I only live about 8 miles away. About half a mile from Whiston Hospital. The support I had back then was brilliant and helped me be around today.

If you need anything, drop me a PM. I still work in the Liverpool area. Thumbs Up

woo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:38 - 29 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

wishing you a decent recovery

instigator.
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 10:30 - 30 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kick it's ass, Seabass!

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:35 - 03 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

That hurt, went for biopsy yesterday at the Royal Liverpool. Then they get to decide which chemo I'm going to have. I should find out within the next ten days.

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:11 - 03 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
That hurt, went for biopsy yesterday at the Royal Liverpool. Then they get to decide which chemo I'm going to have. I should find out within the next ten days.

Best of luck mate. My daughter is a radiographer, she decided to get into that after her mums cancer.

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:36 - 04 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:

The new gaff is alright, innit.
I visited my sister a couple of weeks back and I was all like...
"Ooo, it's nice in here"

Also, cheeky bastards scousing bits of you.
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1