Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Silverstone - 5th October

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays
View previous topic : View next topic  

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:22 - 03 Oct 2004    Post subject: Silverstone - 5th October Reply with quote

Anyone doing the Focused Events trackday at Silverstone this Tuesday (5th)?

If so, feel free to say hello. I'll be the one with the red ZX6R, hopefully not pulling it out of the gravel!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

gsxrboy
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 22:37 - 03 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can move days then come on the 12th!! a few of us will be there https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=31462 looks like about 20 ish including my buddies!
If not pm me your mobile and do my best to pop down and say hello!! I live about 5 mins away Mr. Green

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:45 - 03 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a four of us from work going, so I can't really move it (although I guess it'd be full anyway). Still can't believe it was £89 for the full circuit!

What bike are you on?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

gsxrboy
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 22:58 - 03 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

£89...... you lucky git, I paid a ton +£9 Sad

As for the bike, go on have a guess!!

cheers,

GSXRboy....I have 600 good reasons to ride it being as it is only 1 year old ! + scorpion + K&N + tre mod + 1 harris goodie!!! and soon to be dynoed, well maybe if I can talk myself in to it, well thats sorted then I'll call them in the morning!!

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:02 - 03 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

The £89 was a bargain Very Happy Having said that, it probably means there will be a hundred bikes on the track at a time! Crying or Very sad

I kind of guessed it was a Gixxer, but there are five different capacity versions to choose from!

gsxrboy
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 23:09 - 03 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be quite honest it wont matter how many bikes are on the track, it is so wide and long.....ooohhhhh matron!! oohh oohh suits you sir oohhh!!

Meanwhile back in reality I think it about 70 odd per session, if you are worried about traffic just join the track when they have all just gone out, unless you are turbo quick then go at the front!!

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:21 - 03 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, they said 70 max. Does seem a lot though. I did Donington in August and we only had about 25 bikes on the track at one time, and even then they'd tend to bunch if people took their time getting past a slower rider. Having said that, Silverstone is about 50% longer again. I'm just praying the weather is good...

Oh, and I'm not turbo quick (yet!) I managed to end up first out at Donington one session, after a red flag. I felt like I had a big target on my back!

swaffs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:59 - 05 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did it go?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:06 - 06 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

swaffs wrote:
How did it go?

Very good thanks. 70 bikes on the track at one time (didn't seem quite that many, but that's the number they said) means for some interesting lines whilst trying to dodge five other bikes going for the same corner!

Weather was good (clear blue sky, though not very warm) except for when I opted to hire the onbike camera for the first session after lunch. Halfway through my first warmup lap it started raining - couldn't sodding believe it! It rained for ten minutes and then stopped. In the meantime, two bikes binned it on the first bend and we were red flagged! The shortest, most boring track video in history. Luckily they let me take it out again for the final session; after the ten minute downpour the sky turned blue again and the track dried. Slowly.

All in all pretty decent. I'll post some of the pictures and video when I sort it all out Smile

swaffs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:10 - 06 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one, look forward to seeing them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:21 - 06 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done, in the photos section:
https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=34032
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 208 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1