Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Motocross breakers/shops?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 13:31 - 04 Oct 2004    Post subject: Motocross breakers/shops? Reply with quote

Anyone know any decent online MX/supermoto breakers or an online shop where I can get a CDI unit for a 2001 WR400F?

I've called local shop and they reckon an OEM is near on £400 Shocked the best aftermarket one I found was £160 but when I went to order they are out of stock and reckon 3 weeks or so for delivery Mad which is no good as I have 2 track days next weekend!! Evil or Very Mad which I don't want to miss.. dirtbikestore.com have CDI's for £120 but guess what? They don't list the WR400 Evil or Very Mad

Any help would be great Thumbs Up

p.s. mods.. please don't move to workshop or anything, it's not tech help I just need some kind person to find me a CDI Laughing

RiderOfTheSto...
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 13:57 - 04 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t know of any good websites but I usually look in the back of Trials & Motocross News. Do you buy this paper? I don’t have a copy with me in work so I can’t post any numbers for you sorry. If you find any good online breakers can you post the links here because I will be looking for parts for my bike soon too?

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 13:58 - 04 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

RiderOfTheStorm wrote:
I don’t know of any good websites but I usually look in the back of Trials & Motocross News. Do you buy this paper? I don’t have a copy with me in work so I can’t post any numbers for you sorry. If you find any good online breakers can you post the links here because I will be looking for parts for my bike soon too?

Will do.. I might have to pop out later and get trials & motox news, just got to find a shop round here that sells it Thinking

RiderOfTheSto...
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 14:04 - 04 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, you could try these: www.Bike-Breakers.Info or https://www.breakingpoint.co.uk

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 14:06 - 04 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

RiderOfTheStorm wrote:

I have already done a search on bikebreakers.info thanks, had one response at £130 delivered for 2nd hand, but not sure if I can trust a 2nd hand unit or not..

The bikes a complete bugger to start, it only seems to bump start and only after a couple of attempts down a steep hill, with the airfilter etc off..

It won't kick start at all and when it does start it doesn't run properly, gets up to speed but no throttle response or anything.. I've had problems with my lights and have found a shorted wire which we think caused the damage as the CDI has no fuses protecting it I think when I blew the lights up that I damaged the CDI !

Does that sound most likely? Will be expensive if the CDI doesn't fix it Mad

We've checked the cam timing, valves etc, cleaned carbs, got a good spark/compression etc etc etc.. so last thing we can think of is the CDI!

RiderOfTheSto...
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 14:43 - 04 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that does sound quite likely to me. A friend of mine recently had the same symptoms on his YZ. He managed to get a second hand unit from a local dealer I think. He didn’t mind using a second hand one because he only uses his for racing and not on the road.

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 14:58 - 04 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

RiderOfTheStorm wrote:
Yes, that does sound quite likely to me. A friend of mine recently had the same symptoms on his YZ. He managed to get a second hand unit from a local dealer I think. He didn’t mind using a second hand one because he only uses his for racing and not on the road.

I only really use mine for track days and stunting.. not done much road riding on it (as in, road rideouts.. I ride it on the road all the time... but around town mostly), don't enjoy it that much unless the roads are v twisty so I'm not too worried if it's a nutter on the road Twisted Evil as long as the fecking thing works Laughing

RiderOfTheSto...
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 14:57 - 05 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yams, you get anywhere with this yet? You going to be able to make the Supermoto on the weekend?

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 16:09 - 05 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

RiderOfTheStorm wrote:
Yams, you get anywhere with this yet? You going to be able to make the Supermoto on the weekend?

I haven't found anything no, Crying or Very sad The track weekend is next weekend, so I stil have a bit of time.. if not I'm taking the R6, there is a runway there so at the very least then it's time to learn to wheely the R6 Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 351 days between these two posts...

Fatgreek
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 02:31 - 22 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could give these a try I think they'll post ya bits out if ya pay by card!

Ray Hockey Racing 01873 840048

Best of luck
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 03:33 - 22 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note; you will be of more help to people if you reply to posts that are significantly 'younger' than a year old Smile.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 214 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1