Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

can u drive a robin reliant at 16 any suggestions??

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
 Topic moved: from Forum Feedback & Help to New Bikers by Bendy (14 Oct 2004 - 10:22)
View previous topic : View next topic  

mule
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 22:14 - 13 Oct 2004    Post subject: can u drive a robin reliant at 16 any suggestions?? Reply with quote

hi im just 16 and i realy need some transport but my parents wont let me have a motor bike Sad iv heard you can drive a reliant robin with a motorbike licence and all sorts of things about removing passenger seats and using L plates any suggestions ????? most be a loop hole sumwhere ???????

cheers!

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:22 - 13 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrong section, this'll be moved when a mod spots it, would expect it'll get put in new bikers.

Believe you can drive a Robin Reluant on a full bike license, which at 16 with a CBT you will not have. Have a look at this thread which explains about what you'll be allowed to ride at 16.

So in short, no you're not allowed to drive a Reliant Robin at 16.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 10:48 - 14 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if you can drive an ape 50 at 16 Laughing

(Tis a little three wheeler 50cc pickup thing that you see a lot of in India!)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

carvell
Scuttler

PostPosted: 11:21 - 14 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Believe you can drive a Robin Reluant on a full bike license

You can only do this if you have B1 on your licence, which you will have if you passed your bike test before 1999 some time, not after that date.

Look at the category of the vehicle, look at the categorys you have on your licence, if it's there you can drive it.

A robin reliant is category B1, if you do not have B1 on your licence, you cannot drive it.

Simple!

iCraig
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:02 - 14 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only 3 wheelers you can drive/ride at 16 are the Honda Canopy (a scooter with a roof and 3 wheels) and a Piaggio Ape 50 (a 50cc Scooter Van/Pick up based on the vespa).
Both are classed as mopeds and are legal for 16 year olds.

As has been said you cannot drive a reliant on a provisional any more. This law changed about February 1999.

https://kleinst-transporter.de/images/elektro1.jpg

The Piaggio Ape, cool eh? Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

STUNTMAN2000
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 00:23 - 08 Nov 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys just stumbled across the site and found this link with a search engine...

The thing about Robin's is you must be age 17 or older, you must have a provisional driving licence for a car/motorbike and you are allowed to drive a robin reliant legaly in the UK on the condition that you have valid insurance, MOT & TAX, the Robin must also have NO reverse gear, or have the reverse gear selector "clipped" So as it cannot be selected.
Daft I know but true.

Sorry age 16 cannot drive them, you are stuck with a Motorcycle or scooter under 50cc or a road legal quadbike if you can find one.

I myself have a Suzuki GSXR1100 Streetfighter, a Porsche 924 and got myself a 21yr old Reliant rialto (Like Robin) That has one owner from new and could easy be turned into a trike.... I am also a moderator on another website about bikes and just out of interest the site is www.Disturbing-the-peace.co.uk But this is so you know who I am.... and Not an advert to steal members.
We have plenty of members as it is and you guys seem to be doing a good job of it yourselves on this site.

Was just a quick visit tonight and I will pop on regular now as I have found the site.

MOD's / ADMIN'S... If you do not wish me to name the site I am on please remove the link from my post. I mean no harm by it, But I am quite well known and peeps will recognise me on here.
If I can be of any help with any mechanical or stunt related questions then feel free to ask Thumbs Up

RS1Banger
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 09:30 - 08 Nov 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

interestingly, I believe the 50cc restriction on a moped only applies if it runs on petrol. So you could in theory buy a moped, stick a large diesel in it, and ride about.

paulodd
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 00:53 - 09 Nov 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you can get a robin reliant at 16 but only a 50cc one. not sure what tests you have to do tho. my mate thought of the same idea but then just got the bike insted.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ts50x0
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 21:37 - 11 Nov 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

oy! del boy is it really worth buying such an emmbarresing veicle just so you can get around. it hink with the kind opf mental torture you will suffer from the reactions of haveing a robin reliant at 16 will be far worse than that of sitting indorrs all day for a year untill you can get a car.

Craggles
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 14:30 - 13 Nov 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a vehicle of class!

carnislick
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 16:17 - 13 Nov 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, well you'd need to be 17 with a full liscence.

It would need to be restricted to 33bhp aswell but im sure they dont make much more power than that anyway.

I'm thinking of getting one for myself during the winter. lol

Paul

loply
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:53 - 14 Nov 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, a reliant robin as a form of transport?

Nahhh get an RS50 or something

jamie192
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 17:28 - 15 Nov 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Piaggio Ape

A person around the corner from me has one, hes now old enough for a car and drives like a complete twat like the ones who knock people of motorbikes, anyways he had one, they pretty nippy but look .... what else can i say "stupid" Not being funny or n e thing

Id much prefer an rs 50 or any 50 cc motorbike. Just give your parents all the plus factors like, there so cheap to run, they only go 30 mph, there quite safe because of there speed, and make a few up. And tell them how much money u can make because u can travel to work and stuff Smile

Try and change your parents mind!!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 174 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1