Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Long Way Round

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Topic moved: from General Bike Chat to Touring & Exploration by Korn (9 Nov 2005 - 18:49)
View previous topic : View next topic  

TheShaggyDA
Repost Police

PostPosted: 19:48 - 16 Oct 2004    Post subject: Long Way Round Reply with quote

https://www.skyone.co.uk/programmes/longwayround/showoverview.aspx

Heard the interview on Johhny Walker last night, sounds good.

Sky One, Monday, 9:00pm. 6 Episodes.

[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

mr.z
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:51 - 16 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I REALLY want to do something like this someday, the travel itch is allready strong... after uni i'm gonna start saveing up and do something before the whole flat/cat/dog/creditcards/cruddyjob cr@p sets in...

Terra circa and mondo enduro are worth looking out for too Thumbs Up

Dom
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:20 - 16 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to it on Monday, should be great. Forced myself to listen to Jonathan Ross a few weeks back cause they were on to talk about it. Annoyingly he just talked over them for 10 minutes and sent them on their way. Crying or Very sad

Quote:
Terra circa and mondo enduro are worth looking out for too

Definitely Thumbs Up Well i've only seen mondo enduro but that's got some great moments. Ditto about doing this stuff someday. Can't wait. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Illuzion This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

synaptyx
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 00:01 - 17 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have sky at all - could some kind soul with the ability to make SVCD's burn the eps to disc?. I don't mind duplicating them and sending them out to BCF members who request them. We could start a share tree: I get a copy and send a copy to two people, those two people make two copies and send them to two people... etc, etc... Smile

Yay? Nay? Confused

Oh, I don't have VHS anymore either, so no tapes.

TheShaggyDA
Repost Police

PostPosted: 14:32 - 17 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DVD is going to be released in November (26th I think) but I'll have a bash. I have Sky+, so if they don't have Macrovision I can stream them all to my DVD recorder (purely for backup/archive reasons, officer). If they do, I'll have to capture them on the PC.

I could always leave my webcam pointed at the TV though Smile

[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

PsychoHippy
Jammy Git

PostPosted: 16:21 - 17 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sky+ is already set up for it! Very Happy

Mr.Everready
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:40 - 18 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I'd bring it to the top just incase anyone missed it Wink

Nighteyes
Dirty Bint

PostPosted: 21:08 - 18 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Pokes terrestrial channels*

I'm up for the share tree! Razz Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Keith
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:10 - 19 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

That program was great!

Going to be one hell of an adventure, cant wait to see next weeks now. Very Happy

From the highlights of the next showing, it looks quite interesting seeing as they had plenty of nasty encounters. Looked like the 4x4 that was following them had a nasty roll too. Shocked

Should be an interesting few weeks. Thumbs Up Smile

Dr Nick
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:20 - 19 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put skyone on at 10pm just to see it end Doh! , thought it started at 9pm was looking forward to it too Crying or Very sad .

If anyone has ripped it or whatever could they please share it with me

Thanks Smile

Spiral
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 10:55 - 19 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be a foreign concept to some of ya's Laughing but has anyone bought the book Question its pretty good Thumbs Up.

Didn't see the program though, does anyone know if its going to be repeated or maybe coming out on DVD Question

Keith
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:19 - 19 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its going to be repeated on wednesdays at 9.30pm on the Sky Travel channel. Thumbs Up

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 12:14 - 19 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

What number is the Sky Travel channel? I fecking missed it but really want to watch this series... so any DVD/SVCD/download copies would be very handy Wink

What day is it going to be on and what channel? Sky one on Monday at 9? is that correct?

Dom
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:30 - 19 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
That program was great!

Seconded! Very Happy That Charley guy's a great character I thought. Was great how he got the beamer out of the van and dented the pannier within 30 seconds. Laughing Can't wait 'til next weeks already, and I'll probably end up getting the book too.

Quote:
What number is the Sky Travel channel? I fecking missed it but really want to watch this series... so any DVD/SVCD/download copies would be very handy Wink

On NTL it's 931ish, no idea about Sky. I've got no way of sticking copies on the PC, else I would. Expect a torrent will show up somewhere soon though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

synaptyx
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 12:38 - 19 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheShaggyDA wrote:
The DVD is going to be released in November 26th. I can stream them all to my DVD recorder [or] capture them on the PC.

Excellent! Thumbs Up
Personally, if the DVD is out that soon, I'll just stick it on my Christmas list. https://x9.ipbhost.com/style_emoticons/default/xmas.gif I'm still happy to dupe discs for people though. Smile

m99dws
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:21 - 22 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should sticky this topic as I'm guessing there will be discussions after most of the episodes Thinking
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Spiral
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 17:06 - 22 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear the DVD will be out soon i will be getting that, also is anyone reading the book?

I recommend it, its very good, ewan and charley come across as real bike nuts Twisted Evil, just getting through it though slowly.

Though i can't belive ktm wouldn't support them, and fair play to BMW for taking a chance on them.

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 17:19 - 22 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've ordered the book off Amazon, should be here next week. Smile

No Sky you see.

ratcliffe
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 11:55 - 23 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

zero wrote:

Terra circa and mondo enduro are worth looking out for too Thumbs Up

I wasn't impressed with Terra Circa, they seemed far too up themselves for my liking. Mondo enduro seemed better worked though.
I enjoyed the first episode of LOng Way Round, and look forward to the rest..

Keith
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:54 - 25 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone watch it tonight?

Dunno about you lot, but when random people come up to me in the street and ask me to follow them at midnight to a place you dont know, I'd be cacking myself. Laughing

They got well lucky, could of easily been robbed/murdered, but I suppose you've got to trust people.

Another thing. Towards the end, where did all the cute girls come from!? I'm positive that house was a brothel. Laughing

The next few episodes should be really interesting. Looking forward now. Thumbs Up Very Happy

stryker
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 10:07 - 26 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it was a good one. Laughing to that camera man who had just passed his DAS and then faced a 17,000 mile bike ride. Poor sod.

Hey that guy with the kelashnokovs was cool! Thumbs Up

bikedudextrm
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 11:51 - 26 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been watching it on sky one and it's good.

Good episode was on last night, that person who offered to put them up in his mansion was cool and i bet they got a bit worried when he was showing of all his guns Shocked . Also funny how quick a party started, wish i was there Sad .

https://www.bikepics.com/members/bikedudextrm/

stryker
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 13:31 - 26 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is what we were talking about, that bloke was well dodgy. Ok it turns out he was a nice bloke, but it was like "oh I sell erm microwaves and thats why I have a house the size of albert hall and my squeeze has more shoes than you can imagine". Yeah right, I reckon they were the guests of "Don something-or-another" that night. Laughing

awj72
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 21:34 - 26 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bendy wrote:
I've ordered the book off Amazon, should be here next week. Smile

try play.com couple of ££ cheaper & free postage Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 185 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5