Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Please Read- Insurance

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

jamie192
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 18:04 - 25 Oct 2004    Post subject: Please Read- Insurance Reply with quote

I dont know if this has been up before, sorry if it has.

I am looking to buy insurance, and i have no clue as to what companys do insurance for motorbikes.
If its not to much to ask if you could give me sum names, maybe some phone numbers and web addresses please. That would be extremely helpful. Thanks for your time.

Finglonga
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:14 - 25 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do a ''motorcycle insurance'' search on the net using Google, get their phone No.s and ring them as its always cheaper by phone than the online quotes.
Next get your yellow pages and again ring as many as you can.

What maybe cheap for one person may work-out expensive for another.
Wink

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:16 - 25 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

C..I..A Insurance. phone them or try their online quoting system(wont be as accurate)

Lie about your cheapest quote if you phone them, they'll always try and beat it. Just dont be silly and say your cheapest quote was £50 when it was really £500.....£380 is better...catcha ma drift?

good.

good luck Smile

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:26 - 25 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy Bike Trader, phone every company in the back to get an insurance quote. Call back around the cheapest few asking if they can beat the quote you have of £x and repeat until none will go any lower.

Or Danny can do this for you, have a look at his insurance finding thread

jamie192
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 18:40 - 25 Oct 2004    Post subject: Thanking you!!! Reply with quote

Thanks for your quick replys, thanks for the tips on getting a cheaper quote as well i would never of thought of that.
You have all been very helpful.

jamie192
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 22:42 - 25 Oct 2004    Post subject: got one Reply with quote

I just been ringing around and i got a quite from norwich union for £296 3rd party fire and theft. We carried on ringing around and no 1 else could beat it. They say the suzuki ts 50 x is quite expensive to insure because its stolen quite a lot. From your experience does any one think this is quite good/bad?
They say i can be insured from the 23rd of november, but is not effective till i have taken my cbt untill 27th. I need to get tax for my bike, does any body know if i can get tax with those insurance documents i will receive on the 23rd of november?

Thanks for looking and for your help!!

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:56 - 25 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you call all the companies in the back of Bike Trader yeah?

The price of £296 and is it reasonable depends on how old you are, what the value of the bike is & what year it is, and what type of area you live in.

To buy road tax you need to be able to show the V5, a valid MOT if needed and your insurance certificate so yes you should be able to buy tax on the 23rd November but you have no need to until the 27th.

Hex
Party Boy

PostPosted: 23:13 - 25 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.find.co.uk/insurance/Motorbike_Insurance/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Nath
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:04 - 26 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like quite a reasonable quote to me. I'm paying 235 on my bike at 18, TPO. If you are 16, on a more desirable bike, that sounds good. The best quotes i got were from CIA and "bikerline direct"(0800 298 8777). I went with CIA as they were a tenner less, but the other lot were also good with F+T quote.

jamie192
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 12:52 - 26 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am 16 years old well almost, i have a suzuki ts 50 x which is worth roughly around 600 pound not exactly sure because its been restored and made a hell of a lot better. ill give cia a ring today thanks!

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:58 - 26 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a £600 bike it's not worth paying the extra to get TPFT instead of TPO. If your bike gets nicked you firstly have to pay the excess which will be about £200, and they then give you a cheque for whatever they consider market value for the bike to be, so you've now got a cheque for about £200-300. You now don't have any NCB and have to declare the claim when getting insurance for the next five years, you'll end up paying more than the £200-300 you got from the insurance company so it's not worth getting TPFT as it's not financially worth claiming if it did get nicked.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 190 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1