Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

A bad drivers test

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

Fire_Eyes
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 20:53 - 25 Oct 2004    Post subject: A bad drivers test Reply with quote

Hey everyone, well i passed my drivers test in the summer in Syria (that is in the Middle East Idea ) anyway,I bought a zzr400 almost 2weeks ago and i put it in the workshop because it was second hand and i got to drive it today. when i was going from first gear to second I heard a sound from the gearbox (the same one you hear when you are on neutral and changing to first). Is this because I'm supposed to push harder with my leg?Also when i was going from first to second gear the rear tire actually skid and it even did a noise Confused Sick . Is that a matter of me getting used to the clutch (how much gas i have to give it while releasing the clutch and how slow i have to release the clutch)? I got to go to 80km/h on my first day but I feel like my drivers test was a very bad one. I had to get the bike to fourth gear and then go up a hill make the bike stop in its place then turn in a circular line. Maybe the problem with the sound that happened while changing gears is because I used to practice with an old Yamaha(you have to shit down to go from first to second and so on. thanks for the help Thumbs Up and sorry for the long post. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stryker
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 15:48 - 26 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rear wheel lock sounds like you were doing a fair speed in first (IE high revs) then you forgot to raise the revs again as you released the clutch (having shiften to second). Perhaps you also let the clutch out too fast?

Bottom line the rear wheel locking was probably due to extreme engine braking.

Fire_Eyes
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 17:00 - 26 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes i was going fast on first gear. So should i give it more while releasing the clutch to get the revs high?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stryker
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 17:24 - 26 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your going fast for any gear it is more important that you get the revs back up as your clutch bites and engine to wheel connection is re-established.

Your new to bikes? then perhaps you should ride more sedate for a while. Simply change up to the next gear sooner, its easier to master that way.

Fire_Eyes
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 17:44 - 26 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks alot mate. Yea I am new to bikes it's just that the rode was empty and i wanted to see if it was powerfull enough. When i drive in the middle of traffic ofcourse im not gonna drive like that. I love bikes I have a great passion for them but I never forget how dangerous they are. Thanks again for the info Thumbs Up .
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 188 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1