Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Leaking Petrol - Possibly

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

dapthechap
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 14 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:57 - 26 Oct 2004    Post subject: Leaking Petrol - Possibly Reply with quote

Just went outside for a fag and noticed a puddle under my cbr.

There is a black rubber pipe just hanging there with petrol dripping out ( I know its petrol because I lit it), could someone tell me if this is the overflow pipe as I have just recently filled it?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:16 - 26 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

That hose is the overflow and it is ore than likely to be the overflow which is causing the puddle, see if it stops once the tank is a bit emptier.
dapthechap wrote:
ust went outside for a fag and noticed a puddle under my cbr.

There is a black rubber pipe just hanging there with petrol dripping out ( I know its petrol because I lit it)

Shocked Shocked Laughing I'd find a different way to see if it is petrol or not, or at least move the bike out the way before setting fire to the puddle of petrol. Laughing


Last edited by Ste on 12:19 - 26 Oct 2004; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

dapthechap
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 14 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:17 - 26 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope so as I can't see where it would attach to if it was a fuel line that had come off Confused
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

dapthechap
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 14 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:19 - 26 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'd find a different way to see if it is petrol or not, or at least move the bike out the way before setting fire to the puddle of petrol. Laughing


I had already done that I'm not looking to see a firework display this early...although Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 350 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 1.1 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 40.64 Kb