Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

33BHP Restrictors intake+throttle? GSX-R600

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Josh
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 22:33 - 30 Nov 2004    Post subject: 33BHP Restrictors intake+throttle? GSX-R600 Reply with quote

Now this isn't just a "hey guys how do I de-restrict my bike" post.
I don't even want to think of de-restricting it until after the winter, my question is:
My Bike (GSX-R600 K4) is restricted (as I am told by the dealer) in the air intake and the throttle, how do these restrictions work together? What effect will just removing one of the methods of restriction have?

fazed
Korn is my hero!

PostPosted: 13:03 - 01 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gather one restricts the air flow to a certain amount and the other affects amount of throttle what can be used and when together they make it 33bhp , so i presume if you take the throttle restriction off (throttle bodies i should think) . It will probably make a little bit more power and to fully de-restrict it , you take both out ? which makes it full power This is a guess mind you Confused

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:21 - 01 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea what removing one would do but there would be no point to it. If you're going over your legal requirement, then you may as well go for the whole shilling and take both out.

I'm pretty sure that if you take one out, it doesn't increase your power by a half...In fact, I'm sure. Its not like intermediate steps. 33bhp with 2 in. 66bhp with just one in and 99bhp with none(estimated figures, used for example)

Not too sure about the technicalities behind it...

Josh
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 18:38 - 01 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

It isn't the legality of it that worries me, I'm not trying to be "sly" about de-restricting it, I just want to build myself up as opposed from jumping from 33 to Full power.
I'm young and fiesty and I tend to get a little over excited with my right hand from time to time. Razz
Just wondering what the difference would be like not going to decide what to do for a while.

hawkeye
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 20:14 - 02 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its washers in the carbs, then I suppose you could take 2 out of 4 out which would leave it somewhere between 33 & 100bhp. Might run a bit rough though.....

The restrictors in the throttles (if they're washers) work by restricting the maximum intake of air. They actually restrict the amount of torque the bike produces and therefore the power (power = torque x rpm). If you're worried about being too powerful, leave the restrictors in for now and learn what the bike is like to handle then take them out and let rip Thumbs Up Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 149 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1