Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brake sensor on a 91 yamaha TZR 125 doesnt work

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

simon1221
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:20 - 07 Dec 2004    Post subject: Brake sensor on a 91 yamaha TZR 125 doesnt work Reply with quote

i need to adjust the sensors on my bike, the brake light goes on when i press the rear brake but not when i press the front one, does anybody know how to adjust the sensor so that it will come on when i press the brake cable?

thanks

Simon

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 22:25 - 07 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is most likley one of two types.
1) a square microswitch under the lever mounting. These aren't really adjustable.

2) A cylindrical 'plunger' switch that screws into the lever clamp. These are adjusted by screwing them in and out.

It is probably nothing to do with adjustment though, most likley a bad contact in the switch itself, squirt it full of WD40 and work it back and forth a few times. If this doesn't fix it, get a new one, shouldn't be expensive.

simon1221
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:43 - 07 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not sure its a 91 tzr (kickstart), erm cant really tell you much more than that at the moment

thanks anyway

mchaggis
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:47 - 07 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

1) a square microswitch under the lever mounting. These aren't really adjustable.

You can tell whether this kind is working by whether the little plastic pin pops out of the front of it when you pull the lever. This would normally connect the switch and make the light come on. If it stays inside the housing, spray it with wd40 and pray, or admit defeat to the god of borked springs and get a new one.

I got a new one when the spring went ping in mine, it cost me a fiver if I remember correctly on ebid.co.uk. They can be a bit of a pain to find even though they are generic, although that might have been me searching for the wrong thing. Embarassed
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

simon1221
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:32 - 13 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers for your help, i just sprayed in wd40 like you said

and now it works but i have loads of other problems to sort out....
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 137 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1