Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

mito probs help......plz

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Biker_Dene
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 19:17 - 11 Dec 2004    Post subject: mito probs help......plz Reply with quote

1-my bike is still throaty and there is nothing wrong with any seals from the air box or anything and its got a new plug could it be my zorst??

2-wen i first start the bike it sounds like its either struggling for fuel or its getting to much and it wont rev for a few seconds just makes a weird noise

3- leaking petrol constantly dont know where its coming from not the over flows or anything ib checked that i think the seal has gone on the big nut (sum washer i think its called) thats under the carb where could i get a new one or would could i use to seal it up again

4- evey time i fill it up with gear box oil it just seems to leak it all out and i dont think its the sump washer under-neath where else could it be coming from ..??

and a really stupid question here lol
5-if all the gaskets have gone on my carb could i use a little bit of that instant rubber gasket stuff?? just spread some round the seals on the outside of the carb? if not what could i use??

thanks
Dene

K9 Suzuki Hayabusa
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:21 - 11 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea about lots of that stuff, but if you've done DIY maintenance, then you could have done the same thing as me. Overtighten one engine casing nut and the casing will crack.

Other than that, must be a gasket, surely....? If the gaskets HAVE gone, then you'd wouldn't want to replace them with anything other than the gaskets made for the job.

Fortuna
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:56 - 11 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

That gooey stuff is supposed to be used with gaskets I think. I used it on a bike once and it was worse than just using a gasket.
Some gaskets have a heat sensitive film that bonds to the metal surface so you should check it first.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Biker_Dene
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 21:28 - 11 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thnx guys

well about my carb its leaking petrol so i meant could i spreak some instant rubber gasket around the seals on the out side of the carb to try and seat any leaking ??

K9 Suzuki Hayabusa

Fortuna
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:00 - 12 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biker_Dene wrote:
ok thnx guys

well about my carb its leaking petrol so i meant could i spreak some instant rubber gasket around the seals on the out side of the carb to try and seat any leaking ??

Yeah that would be ok I guess.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 00:46 - 12 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Not sure if instant gasket is that fuel proof. Might well seal a very small weep, but I do not think it would replace a rubber O ring.

At a guess the bolt on the bottom of the float bowl is either meant to be sealed with a rubber O ring or a fibre washer.

As to the noise my first guess would be the airbox is not sealing properly onto the carb.

All the best

Keith

Git
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 01:10 - 12 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would agree with above, most instant gasket is rubbish when used with fuels, not sure if spreading around outside will do much either, no harm in trying though, may just strike it lucky, it's meant to be sandwiched between mating surfaces really. fuel is strong stuff, good for cleaning things.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 112 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1